daily weigh-in club

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Getting weighed every morning keeps me focused. I love to see the numbers drop, but even if they don't, or even if they go up it doesn't bother me. I keep track of my daily number and then every Wednesday I add up all the numbers for the week, divide by 7 and that's my average weight for the week. The individual numbers fluctuate; that average number doesn't. Looking at those averages, every week I lose between 1.6 and 1.8 lbs.

what a cool idea. i just usually use the wednesday weigh in as my number but i like the idea of averaging the daily weigh ins.
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    I binged so horribly, today. I'm really scared about tomorrow's weigh in, now =(
  • I binged so horribly, today. I'm really scared about tomorrow's weigh in, now =(

That has been my downfall... not the binging but the fear of not weighing. Remember, if you gained it is most likely retained water from the sodium... have lots of water, extra fiber today... and do a really good workout. It'll be gone in a day or so. (This is what I plan to tell myself when my binge day comes as I know it will.)

Yesterday: 197
    Today: 196

I reached the first 10lbs! 51 more to go!!!
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    I weigh myself daily, sometimes several times. Up until my 30's when I had a hysterectomy I could eat anything I wanted and always stayed at 127 lbs. By the time I was 42 I weighed 178lbs. A friend of mine lost a tone of weight using the no carb diet. I thought if she at our age can do it, so can I. I hated the no carb. I lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks, but felt horrible. I then found an exercise group that I LOVE!!! We workout/hike/run/ use resistance bands outside in any kind of weather. I made a lifestyle change lost 35 lbs, got down to 143, then gained back 11 lbs just from being lazy. I am no back down to 141. My goal is 136, because I know 127 was not really a healthy weight for me. So I made a short story long here:) I only count my weight one a week, because I know so many factors go into your weight. Anyways, how do I join the group? Do I just friend request the original poster or is there a "group" section? I wish everyone the best success on their journey's to becoming healthier versions of themselves:)
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    I too weigh every day. I write it down on a calendar I keep in my bedroom. I know weight fluctuates every day, but if anything that works to my advantage. Days I see my weight go up by even 0.1kg, I work SO SO hard and see the scales go down huge amounts the next day. It's motivational for those who are positive about my weight loss.

I only log my weight on MFP on Sundays, though.
  • kristal_1973
    kristal_1973 Posts: 33 Member
    I love to weigh in every day. I am a 38 yo married mother of 5 (second marriage, his~2, mine~2 and ours~1 situation) I started my journey to health shortly after Christmas. I got on the scale and was horrified by how much I had gained over the holidays. I was at an all time high. Even heavier than I was when I was 9 months pregnant with my now 5 year old. I joined this site in early January, had already lost 6lbs on my own. I love the site and the support and community it offers. I enjoy supporting people and I enjoy the support and inspiration I recieve from people on this site.

I love to watch my weight "melt" away. In the last month my daily weights have only shown slight increases on two or three days...it doesn't bother me at all as I know that it is ultimately on a downward trend. I have lost 20.5 lbs so far and am still going strong.

If anyone would like another supporter and encourager, fell free to add me. We are all in this together!!!
  • Saxmis
    Yesterday: 129
    Today: 129.6 (+0.6)
  • Saxmis
    I binged so horribly, today. I'm really scared about tomorrow's weigh in, now =(

That has been my downfall... not the binging but the fear of not weighing. Remember, if you gained it is most likely retained water from the sodium... have lots of water, extra fiber today... and do a really good workout. It'll be gone in a day or so. (This is what I plan to tell myself when my binge day comes as I know it will.)

Yesterday: 197
    Today: 196

I reached the first 10lbs! 51 more to go!!!

That's my plan, lots of water today and taking things to help with the bm's. I don't have the energy to do much of a workout, today, so may just do some calisthenics instead. I only gained .6 lbs so, it should go fairly soon. Hopefully the binge monster in me has died for a little while, now. Though the snow and the cold weather is making me think about comfort food such as nice warm chippy chips... but must resist!
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Daily weigh ins have know meaning...no significant value. They are minor fluctuations that reflects mostly water weight and not sustainable progress.

Incorrect.

If you are in a low to moderate carb diet you won't have those fluctuations other than after a cheat day. I weigh every day and drop 0.1kgs without fail daily. Sometimes 0.2.
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Maybe the scales not broken, my weight today 140, Good thing so far.

That means only 5 to 7 pounds less to make me happy :drinker:
  • godblessourhome
    yesterday: 129.2
    today: 129.2 (=)
  • godblessourhome
    That means only 5 to 7 pounds less to make me happy :drinker:

whoot! whoot!
  • godblessourhome
    Anyways, how do I join the group? Do I just friend request the original poster or is there a "group" section?

just by replying to this topic, you are a part of our group if you want to be. just keep replying with your weigh in each day. :) depending on the interest, we can make an actual 'group' later.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    205.2 - this morning.
  • Hey I am Mike I am 36 yo. I have fought my weight all my life I at one time lost 135lbs i gained all back because i did it the wrong way I am trying to figure out the right way so I keep it off. I like to weigh everyday because it keeps me motivated.
  • Hi I'm Jasmine. I am 32 yrs old, a wife, and the mother of a 9 yr old boy, 7 (almost 8) yr old girl and a 6 month old girl. I work in the local school system as a Sign language interpreter. After losing about 10 lbs post pregnancy in 3 months, then putting that plus 5 back on in 2 months (Nov & Dec were rough, but no more excuses) I decided that 2012 will be the year I say good-bye to the 200's forever. So I found MFPs app on my Christmas tablet, and beginning at midnight on Jan 1st, I got SERIOUS!

Typically I weigh-in everyday. When I started on Jan 1st, I said I was only going to weigh every few days, but after working out hard for 4 straight days and eating healthier than I prob EVER had, and drinking more water than I prob EVER had, I got on the scale and had gone up. It was such a let down, that I decided it's better for me to see my day-to-day progress than week to week. I used to only do it at night after I did my workout, but lately (partially bc I joined a Biggest Loser comp at work), I have been also weighing in the morning. The diff has been anywhere from .4 to 2.4 lbs from morning to night, but typically the next morning I am back down. I try not let it get me down, and I think it helps keep me motivated knowing that things are going well. It is especially rewarding when I have an off day and get on the scale and don't see a +5.

Anyways, I'm glad to know that I am not alone!!! Good luck to you all and feel free to add me! I figure we can all use all the support we can get!
  • Yesterday 222.2
    Today 222.4
    +0.2... It's less than I expected though bc I went over on sodium & it's that TOM
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    144.2 today missed yesterday, was such a busy day for me. This weekend has been pretty much a cheater weekend. Back on track Monday
  • 304 that's down 21lbs since Jan 1st