Sleeping with a bra on?(ladies only...I hope)

Options

Replies

• Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Nope, I find it very UNCOMFORTABLE sleeping with one on, I take it off when I get home, :laugh:
  • debbiestone500
    Options
    I am a DDD, so I am in with the group that says the second I get home the bra is off!!!
  • Rachaimee
    Options
    Yep. I sleep in my old stretched out sports bras. Even after losing almost 100 pounds and not having much left in the boob department I still feel the need to keep them contained at night so I totally get where you're coming from!

Totally agree with this! Got to contain the 'bad boys' at night!
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    nope, so uncomfy, you need to let the girls breath. I also heard its good not to wear one at night so your boobs dont get saggy... but who knows if there is any truth to that lol

Um bras usually do the opposite of sagging they hold those girls up!!!!!

I personally don't sleep with one on.

In answer to the quoted above:

The average breast size has increased over the past ten years (DD and E are average cup sizes today), says Nethero. Many of her clients who have fuller busts or are pregnant (which causes breasts to swell) like the support of a bra at night, as well as smaller busted women who like a feeling of security. She recommends a bra with a soft cup, no underwire or metal clasps, and a shelf or cross-over construction. Be sure to get properly fitted, she adds, as improper cup depth can cause breast tissue to lay against the chest and trap sweat, resulting in rashes or chafing. One of Nethero's favorites: The Sleeptop by Marguerite McGee.

As comfortable as it feels, however, wearing a bra to bed is not a medically proven way to fight gravity. "If women could prevent sagging by just wearing a bra for 24 hours a day I'd be out of business," says Haeck, "What keeps your breast in place are microscopic ligaments--think of them as tiny suspenders for your breasts." As you age, these ligaments thin and stretch out and unfortunately, he says, there isn't a scientific cure to

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/blogs/Sleeping-In-A-Bra-Worth-It-or-Not-Worth-It#ixzz1lSFrPeSM
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I sleep in the same way I entered into this world
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    From the second I get out of bed, to the second I get back into bed I wear a bra, but I live for that time at the end of every day where I can take my bra off and my boobs can breathe a sigh of relief :wink:
  • Sydney0710
    Sydney0710 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't wear to bed, but I should, in order to help keep my son from nursing all damn night.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Also I have heard that bras can cause breast cancer do to the fact they cut f cerculation to a very important gland, I also heard wearing a bra causes your breast to sag cause your mucles go into atrothy
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    people should allow their skin to breathe at night... only time i wore a bra to bed was during the recovery from breast aug surgery as you have to.
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    i HAVE to wear a real bra, anything else and i feel weird, my boobs need support 24/7
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My mom always told me too but I find it too uncomfortable so don't wear one.
  • jaymarie8
    Options
    ha im the same way... always sleep in an underwire
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    No way, sounds awful. Am shocked people do this! Lol x
  • pinkiejax17
    pinkiejax17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I sleep with a bra - any kind of bra really! I need that support or my boobs just feel weird and get in the way LOL
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Most night I sleep with a bra on. Sometimes I take it off. I find that I sleep better with it off
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Ironically I slept in one last night, but only because we had guests in the house so I slept in a sports bra and nightgown so I could get up early and see them out. Otherwise, NO way! I am a 34 F and I get tortured enough wearing that trap all day!
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    nope, so uncomfy, you need to let the girls breath. I also heard its good not to wear one at night so your boobs dont get saggy... but who knows if there is any truth to that lol

Um bras usually do the opposite of sagging they hold those girls up!!!!!

I personally don't sleep with one on.

In answer to the quoted above:

The average breast size has increased over the past ten years (DD and E are average cup sizes today), says Nethero. Many of her clients who have fuller busts or are pregnant (which causes breasts to swell) like the support of a bra at night, as well as smaller busted women who like a feeling of security. She recommends a bra with a soft cup, no underwire or metal clasps, and a shelf or cross-over construction. Be sure to get properly fitted, she adds, as improper cup depth can cause breast tissue to lay against the chest and trap sweat, resulting in rashes or chafing. One of Nethero's favorites: The Sleeptop by Marguerite McGee.

As comfortable as it feels, however, wearing a bra to bed is not a medically proven way to fight gravity. "If women could prevent sagging by just wearing a bra for 24 hours a day I'd be out of business," says Haeck, "What keeps your breast in place are microscopic ligaments--think of them as tiny suspenders for your breasts." As you age, these ligaments thin and stretch out and unfortunately, he says, there isn't a scientific cure to

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/blogs/Sleeping-In-A-Bra-Worth-It-or-Not-Worth-It#ixzz1lSFrPeSM
    my thoughts exactly i worked with fitting bras, and i can say from first had experience a lot of women are d-e and a lot of that has to do with the fact that Americans are getting heavier
  • reneeramirez4christ
    Options
    I used to until I went from a 38D to a 34 C...i miss those girls...anyway, guess a perk of being smaller, they are naturally perky and I can sleep bra-less at night lol!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If I am home for longer than a half hour, the bra is coming off.

^^ This. Well, assuming that I know I am not going out again. Once I'm home for the night, I am in my jammies first opportunity.
  • seekingthepatienceofjob
    Options
    Only if Im too tired to change before bed.

And in the summer, I only sleep with shorts and a sports bra because its so hot!