5' 7'' What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• denise_earheart
    Options
    92lbs

You may want to join one of the eating disorder groups here... this site is designed for people in pursuit of HEALTH.

You should educate yourself on eating disorders before randomly accusing someone online (whom you know nothing about) of suffering from one.

Well she has a point I mean what person in their right mind would want to be that small unless they were 4'11 or a midget for that matter!!!!!
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    honestly from looking at your picture I think you look perfect!!!
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    92lbs

You may want to join one of the eating disorder groups here... this site is designed for people in pursuit of HEALTH.

I completely agree with you!!!! 92 pounds for that height is disgusting
  • aircantu1
    aircantu1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently 149, started at 158. My goal is 138 which is right in the middle of a normal BMI. I'm pretty average build so I thought that was a good starting point. I'm 32 and have 3 kids. I was 130 before I got pregnant the first time. I'm not sure I'll ever see that number again. But maybe I'll try.
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal is 168. I remember weighing 200 and feeling great and looking good. I just want to be healthy :-)
  • Kellyr107
    Options
    My ULTIMATE goal would be 140. I have a good sized frame and my Mother usually starts yelling at me for looking too thin around 155. Below 135 I have experienced A LOT of health issues.

Reading previous posts, I think that the comment about weighing 92 pounds may have come across wrong but the message was important. That is drastically below a healthy BMI which carries some hefty health concerns. As a person who has struggled with ED over the years, I understand how body image distortion can convince someone to lose that much weight. Please be careful, it is a dangerous and addictive path and recovery is possible but once you go down that road you are never "cured" of the illness.
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    wow i feel fat but im 5'6.5 and im 165 lbs with a 26% body fat (which is normal!) and i want to get down to 24% body fat, i dont care so much the weight but the amount of fat (im a dancer i NEED a lot of muscle) so yeah lol
  • kikukaede
    Options
    92lbs

I completely agree with you!!!! 92 pounds for that height is disgusting
    Thats a pretty hurtful comment. You find thinness disgusting, I find fat 'disgusting'. We obviously have different perceptions and preferences. Thats no excuse to go around telling people you're repulsed by them, however.
  • kikukaede
    Options
    My ULTIMATE goal would be 140. I have a good sized frame and my Mother usually starts yelling at me for looking too thin around 155. Below 135 I have experienced A LOT of health issues.

Reading previous posts, I think that the comment about weighing 92 pounds may have come across wrong but the message was important. That is drastically below a healthy BMI which carries some hefty health concerns. As a person who has struggled with ED over the years, I understand how body image distortion can convince someone to lose that much weight. Please be careful, it is a dangerous and addictive path and recovery is possible but once you go down that road you are never "cured" of the illness.

I don't have an ED, but thank you for your concern. I am being careful and I'm actually eating much healthier than I was before since I started my diet (fruits and yoghurt and qourn instead of chocolate and ice-cream and hotdogs). Pretty positive lifestyle change that I'll hope will stay with me whether I manage to get down to that weight or not :)
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm at 134 right now. Originally I wanted to try to get down to 128, but I've decided that I'm not going to worry about my weight so much as how I feel and look. My BMI is healthy, so I would rather focus on getting rid of the excess fat and toning up. If that means I stay at the same weight or even gain a couple pounds, I will be ok with that!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    150-160 is my goal, will only know when I get there x
  • 1979sarah2010
    1979sarah2010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7" and currently weigh 245.. my goal is 170... and thats where im happy. I was 288... so 170 is awesome to me! When i eas in h.s. i weighed 130 and was waay too skinny... everyone wants different things and have diffetent goals.
  • kittycarson
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and at my heaviest, I was in the 160's. I lost most of that before MFP but the majority of my body changes (for the better) started when I joined MFP. My goal was 130. I am on maintenance now and I hover at 129 or 130. I am size 4, even though some of them seem a bit loose lately.
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am currently 161, my highest ever weight ever was 190 at 18 (after my daughter I could not lose weight and just kept gaining) then my lowest was 118 at around 22, I had gall bladder issues and threw up everything I ate. I was tooooo thin then, and had no chest or behind, around 135-140 is what looks best on my frame, and so I will strive to get there and maintain it. I was 135-140 for about 5 years, and then gained 31 lbs in one month, and slowly gained around 10 more over the next year. My starting weight on this journey was 176, and started MFP at 163. Hoping to get to 135 or 140 by May for my wedding. :)
  • Alejandro96
    Options
    Im 5'7.7 guy im aiming for 166 then up to 170 - 175 in muscle mass
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6".

Current: 165lb
    Goal: Whatever I look killer at. (Probably 140-130 unless I gain some serious muscles!)
  • Kellyr107
    Options
    kikukaede: It does sound like you have made positive changes. Just make sure that you give your body what it needs to be healthy. And if you ever feel like it has turned into something unhealthy remember that there are plenty of people on here and in the "real world" that you can turn to. :smile:
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" now and shooting for 140. I was 155 once (and 5'7" then - I'm shrinking in the wrong direction!!!). I looked great by comparison to my starting weight. I'm transgender MtF and not yet on hormones. At my lowest weight and with a bit of artificial curves I was a size 6 on bottom and 10 on top (the difference stinks, but with the right outfit it works!). Once I start hormones I suspect I'll need to be at 140 to be a size 6 or 8, so that's my goal now in preparation. That will be a real challenge to maintain when I start losing muscle mass due to the loss of testosterone, but well worth it!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". Originally my goal was like 142. Once I got there, I decided to go a little further. I intend to maintain around the center of the weight range for my height. The weight is gone, now is the maintenance and further toning. :flowerforyou:
  • Devin182
    Devin182 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7'' and i weight about 215. my goal is 170 because i cant remember ever being that weight. i'd like to keep my butt tho. most of my weight is in my thighs, lower stomach, hips, and legs. my upper body is ok. my waist is small, i wear a medium on top and an 18 on the bottom. I'd like to get to down to a size 12 or 10 that would be the smallest i have ever been that i can recall since probably 9th grade. after that i would probably want to tone more then anything cuz my thighs and hips are never gonna completely leave me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!