How often do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• bombshelldana
    Options
    Daily... keeps me accountable. :) I log every time the scale goes down... lol!
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday morning BUT I do weigh myself on Wednesday morning just to make sure I'm on the right track or if I need to step it up before Sunday's weigh in. It's hard but now I'm in a routine that it looks the most if I wait where as if I do it everyday you don't notice much of a difference.
  • CarolineI
    CarolineI Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am going to wait for one month before I do an official weigh in that I log on MFP. I want to feel good, eat healthy and make long term changes rather than short term. I jump on the scale once in a while for an unofficial peak.
  • countrysonshine
    Options
    Hang in there and don't be discouraged. You can do it.
  • Ellizth
    Ellizth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month.
  • Single_Ma
    Options
    1x per week, first thing Saturday morning.
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost daily in the morning, but only track on Mondays. I want to get out of the daily habit, which goes back years.
  • Alamano
    Alamano Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Too often! Once a day lately, but I'm trying to discipline myself to once a week. :ohwell:

16780675.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kototo
    kototo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Once a month. Im trying not to care much about the scale. Its always wrong anyway. Lol

LOL Im on your team!
  • whiterice83
    whiterice83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week- every Sunday. I wanted to do daily but I didn't want to see the fluctuations and be discouraged. Though I'm impatient come the end of the week, this is the best for me.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Never. Go by my clothes.
  • MommyLyssa
    Options
    I weigh in most mornings. It has actually been less as I have been kind of stuck, and tired of watching it not move (not awful stuck, but took me 4 weeks to lose a lb, and then another 3 weeks to lose another...kind of like that). So, I have gotten out of the habit every morning, but once I am back on a losing streak, I will probably be back on it. I find it incredibly exciting and motivating to weigh daily. And I understand it will fluctuate, so it doesn't stress me out. (like I said- now that it just frustrates me, I have stopped the daily, but plan to resume when my body gets moving again :)). I have my actual "weigh-in" on mondays.
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday :)
  • freedomlady
    freedomlady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    In a study done by people who have lost 100 pounds or more and kept it off for years, they found these people weighed daily. So thats what I do. But I only pay attention to the low weight. With water weight you can go up as much as 5 pounds but keep doing what your doing and then you eventually loose fat (tissue). So daily I jump on and get excited when its low and ignore it when its high. So far I've lost 28 pounds dong this.
  • langstonmom
    langstonmom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Same day. Same time.
  • stewartgreggallan
    stewartgreggallan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Plan was to weigh every Saturday morning, now dropped this to the first day of every month. Working fine for me.
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Daily. If it's down that's great, if it's up I try harder that day.
  • Tweety379
    Options
    I check my weight daily, but only log my weight on here once a week.
  • ssassorossi
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday, but sometimes I get so impatient that I do it on Thursday.

I know that if I have a cheat day or a day where I'll mess up, it's going to be on the weekend so I weigh myself after 5 days of good eating to try and cancel out whatever happened on the weekend.
  • Ottawa_Mom
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday morning but I have been told not to worry about the scale and what it reads. Everyone knows muscle weighs more than fat so people try and tell me to go by the way I feel and how my clothes fit, which I get but I still need to number in my head once a week.