pushups challenge

Options
Anyone else properly pants at pushups want to do this with me?

Starting tomorrow. http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html

Replies

• CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I started this last week but missed a couple of days so starting again tomorrow. I am also "properly pants" at push-ups :bigsmile:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It has been suggested that our American cousins might not understand the term 'properly pants'. Think 'totally rubbish'.
  • BigDaddy822
    Options
    That is awesome my brother and I did that a few years ago. It gets really tough. Last year when I was at the Arnold Classic there is a pushup competition and I saw a guy do 104 pushups in 60 seconds. There is no way I could come close to that. It was awesome to see it though!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Don't know what "properly pants" means but this 100 push-up program looks cool.
    I am going to give it a go.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Glad to have you both along, Carolyn and Kyle.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    i am properly pants at this...is it full ones or girly ones (i can do about 6 normal ones before wanting to die... but can do more like 12 girly ones?)

i am in either way...which column are people following?
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I can do about 4-5 proper ones or 20 knee ones...a bit pants, and definitely room for improvement. I'm in:happy:
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think I can only do one full push up but I'm always up for a new challenge. I just printed week 1, I'm definitely going to give it a try.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Just about to do mine. How'd everyone else get on today? :-)
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    I did this before christmas and it gets real tough, be sure to warm up really well in latter stages so you don't injure your shoulder as I
    did, ouch!!! Oh and properly pants does not even begin to describe my push-ups prior to starting this haha.
    For the record my shoulder crunched @ 93 reps on last test but pushed last 7 out anyway which was probably not a very clever idea lol
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Day 1, column 2, 6, 6, 4, 4, 6 DONE!
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I just got day 3 done today. I'm also doing the 200 situps challenge. There's good official apps for it too to tell you the days/reps and count the rest time... It'll post to facebook or twitter if you care to go that route.
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Thanks for the idea :)

I started in column 2 but it looks to get pretty tough pretty quick so we'll see how it goes.

Day 1 - 6/6/4/4/5
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Day 1, column 2, 6, 6, 4, 4, 6 DONE!

well done you! I rather sadly had to do column 1, day 1...

We're supposed to take a rest day in between, so I'll do that tomorrow, and see you back on Wed?

Thanks for the tip on the app, junyr, I'll see if I can find it.

Well done to everyone who succeeded at their personal goal today.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've been contemplating this program for about the last month, so I'm going to take this as a kick in the pants (to carry forward the analogy) to jump into it! Count me in!

Just finished Day 1; Column 3; 19/12/07/07/16

I'm going to feel this tomorrow...
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just have to decide whether or not to start tomorrow or tonight (I have to do C25K week 4 day 1 tonight already).
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Actually now that I think about it this would be a great way to alternate exercise days...C25K Mon-Wed-Fri, 100 Push-Ups Tue-Thu-Sat
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in I hope!
  • Alinabearsmom
    Options
    I'm gonna do it!!! oh yeah... this is a good challenge for me!! especially because I'm "weak sauce" haha
  • EBaca140
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Gonna try this and the 200 sit ups too. Excellent!