Replies

• virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Nutella!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Nilla Wafers. I would eat the whole box.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I really am surprised that no one said alcohol of any kind. Beer, vodka, tequila, gin. No one has had to give up any of these? Wine, even? I know I have. Only once a week is my goal. I'm not there yet (please, I'm no alcoholic) but it's as hard as someone with a candy fixation. And I don't like sweets much at all. I do enjoy a good margherita, though!

I would never give up alcohol. I drink red wine nearly every weekend. Getting a little alcohol buzz is fun so I just eat less when I'm drinking. I had to give up bran muffins from Dunkin Donuts. I used to eat them almost every night thinking they were good for me. I almsot died when I found out they are almost 500 calories. I also don't drink any kind of soda. But worst of all is when I buy a huge box of 100 calories snacks from Costco. I eat the whole box within one day ... I have no willpower. Pie, candy and cake is out of the question and I can't have cheezits in my house. I am totally addicted to them.
  • Barbmillions
    Barbmillions Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Potato chips are my worst weakness - I did manage to give up pepsi about 3 years ago (I used to drink 4 cans per day)
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Cereal :(
  • Luvlynamazing
    Options
    ICE CREAM:love:

oreo cheesecake blizzard from dairy queen was my dream dessert... until I looked up how many calories was in a small....:noway:
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    Cookies...I am a cookie addict!
  • MistressOfHate
    Options
    Chile relleno. I love them dearly.
  • Aphreal
    Aphreal Posts: 103
    Options
    cheese for the most part. I have had cheese and crackers ONCE in 5 months because I get carried away.
    That and Hershey with almonds. I have had 1 in the same time frame.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have given up wheat and most dairy. I feel so much better since I have. Just eat gluten and wheat free pasta and bread and have found it is great.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything, BUT I do try to be mindful about what I eat! I ask myself do I want it? Answer might be yes. lol Do I need it, will it be good for my body? Answer might be no. I also ask myself if it's going to be the last time ever I would have a chance to eat it - chances are the answer is no. Then I go from there.

I still have everything once in a while, but I work it into my allowances.
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ruffles sour cream and onion potato chips. Ah, memories.
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything, BUT I do try to be mindful about what I eat! I ask myself do I want it? Answer might be yes. lol Do I need it, will it be good for my body? Answer might be no. I also ask myself if it's going to be the last time ever I would have a chance to eat it - chances are the answer is no. Then I go from there.

I also refuse to give up anything. Luckily, I don't like sweets, crackers, potato chips, or soda (hate soda) etc . . .but I love love love my husbands amazing cooking and many times his gourmet is laden with unwanted calories. It's about moderation. It's not about dieting, because diets seem to fail.

My children call me the label freak, no high fructose corn syrup, no extra sugars and whole grain breads only. Tons a veggies and fresh fruits.

What I do give up most of the time - chips and fresh salsa - Oh how I love this snack.
  • MagnoliaRiver
    Options

well said :)
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am way too picky of an eater to give up anything. I am perfectly happy eating the same thing for months and for every meal. That being said, I do have a number of foods that I switch up and not too often do I repeat the same food. I have not given up any food items, I have given up the large very LARGE amounts of food. Actually must be hard to give up something you really love, those of you who do, definitely have it tougher than me! Makes me more impressed at all of you! Great Job Everybody and keep up the good and hard work, it will all be worth it.
  • tallnsexy
    tallnsexy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Amen to moderation. I love mexican food and sour cream. So I had to cut my Qdoba visits from 2-3 times a week to 2-3 times a month! Torture, but it's paying off in inches
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate.
    dunkin donuts iced tea.
    cake.
    deserty items.
    chips.
    snapple - i only let myself have 1 now instead 2 or 3 :\
  • Levity14
    Levity14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    pizza
    /mourn
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    -Regular cheetos
    -Bluebell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
    -Grilled stuffed burritos from Taco Bell.
  • xdaysbingefree
    xdaysbingefree Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    chips and dip, honey mustard preztels, nutella. I just cannot be trusted to eat these things in moderation, and once I get a taste I crave them for weeks!