• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Big OCD over here :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Especially for my Fridays.

Every Friday evening my girlfriend and I enjoy a bottle of red wine while watching a movie at home.

I plan my meals to compensate for the calories I need for the wine.

Cheers!
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    yes, i do. i find it's especially crucial on my twelve-hour work days to plan dinner ahead of time. when i come home at 9/10 p.m. i'm @(#$*(#$*%-ing ravenous (even though i take snacks with me) and the chances of faceplanting into the fridge/pantry and mindlessly grabbing at cookies/cake/whatever to squash hunger pangs is almost inevitable. if i have a game plan, i'm so much more likely to stick with it.
  • landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I DO! it is only 11:00 am here... and my log is done for the day! I try to plan out all my meals and snacks! I even started logging today's food yesterday!! It is alot easier to keep track of stuff when you think ahead!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I usually do my the night before so I know what to make for the next day!! Makes it so much easier!
  • kgordon7
    kgordon7 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals the night before. That way I already know what I'm having and estimate how much I need to eat because of the calories I plan to burn.
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I always plan the night before. Helps keep me on track and I can plan for my snacks in between.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    No! as and when I eat, exercise etc. Would be too much of a headache for me to log before hand!
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yep! I plan as much as I can and then tweak it throughout the day with the amount or whatever other changes I actually eat. It gives me a better idea on what room I have for snacks/portions.
  • Aerialanew
    Aerialanew Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I plan my food at the beginning of the day, but most times I plan it the night before, it helps me keep my day in order.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    HAHA. I plan it the night before...sometimes a couple of days in advance.
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes and No.
    I have pretty much the same rotating items for breakfast and lunch during the week, so I know generally what that calorie counts will be. Dinner is a another story. I am not very good at the planning of dinner, school functions, work functions, working late or working out late. I have a rough estimate of the usual stuff we have, and if we do go out I try and see calories before I go to make sure I stay in line.
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I plan for my day the night before. Keeps me on track
  • Maystar80
    Maystar80 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I often do, meaning most of the time except some weekends when I have no idea what the heck I'm going to be doing. It's actually highly recommended by most dieticians that you plan your eating either at the start of the day or the night before.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    All the time!
  • boys4rmine
    Options
    I log my food in at the beginning of the day. My breakfasts and lunches are usually similar day to day, but dinners I like to plan out so I know what snacks will "fit". I also will do different workouts depending on how many calories I have left (so there is still a deficit within my range). I am a planner by nature, so this totally works for me. My husband puts his food in after the day is done and is usually surprised at how much he is over LOL. But he doesn't need to lose much, he is on here to support me. It is good to notice the different kind of tracking though.
  • 76wendyful
    Options
    I do. It has really helped!