The Origin of your Profile Name

Options
roguex_1979
roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
Some people have such interesting profile names. Why not share your story?

Rogue is my favourite X-men character. 1979 is the year of my birth. The x and _ were things I had to add a long time ago because Rogue1979 was already taken at the time.

Go!

Replies

• Trinketona
    Options
    My husband has called me Trinketona since we met. According to him it means something tall :laugh: I didnt believe him. He is from the same state from Mexico my dad is from so I asked my dad and indeed it means something tall. :laugh:
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Mines a bit dull!
    Tiff is my name (Tiffany)
    587 is my horses (Lolly) brand
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I don't like my Profile name, when I was signing up everything I tried was already taken
    and in the background my nephew who never stops talking(but is a cutie) kept pulling
    my sleeve, saying "Aunty Olive, Aunty Olive so I enter it and was excepted. You can
    only change your name once on MFP, so I'll have to come up with a good one !!!
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Wilhemena is what my family called me, but when my little brother started talking all he could manage was Menamena and it stuck.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    It's just the name I always use for usernames :) I want to change it though lol
  • higgi1982
    Options
    mines boring really its my surname shortened and the year i was born , i should of thought of something better really :smile:
  • minibusx
    Options
    MINE IS RATHER BORING TOOO

EVERYTHING WAS TAKEN

MY LIL GIRL WAS ON THE CHAIR NEXT TO ME

WITH AN TSHIRT ON WITH A MINIBUS ON IT

SO HENCE MINIBUS PLUS AT THIS MO IN TIME I FEEL LIKE ONE

IF I LOSE THE WEIGHT MAYBE I CLD CHANGE IT TO A MINI INSTEAD OF A MINBUS LOL X X
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    chrish cos my name is chris and my last name begins with h, and gt4 because I drive a Celica GT4
  • sdlr4592
    Options
    Sdlr is my initials. (Sabrina De La Rosa) And 4592 is a number I came up with in my senior art class when we were assigned to make a poster board depicting ourselves. My poster board had my name written in a large print of my own design and around it I had written about a dozen dates (all of them pertaining to my current husband, who was my boyfriend at the time. The date of his birthday and dates that were specific to our relationship, like our first kiss and the first time we'd said 'I love you.') I thought it looked pretty good, but when I turned it in, the teacher told me it needed more to it. I thought for a while and then I came up with 4592 and added it to the bottom right corner. You see, we were in a long distance relationship for over a year (and we were long distance best friends after I had to move for 2 years!), so we spent a lot of our time talking on the phone and texting each other. 4592 are the numbers for the keys that begin with "I," "L," "Y," and 2." And ever since, that's kind of been our number.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    tinks mommy is because i called my daughter tink when she was little..there for i am tinksmommy and 2006 was the year me and the hubs where married:)
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's just my full name.............with an added, unrelated underscore :-)
  • mecasgirl
    Options
    Mine is relatively simple. My husband's name is Meca and I'm his girl! :heart:
  • mrsdean4
    mrsdean4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am married to the youngest of 4 (and the best!) brothers and they married in chronological order, so I am, in fact, Mrs Dean number 4. =)
  • maximus0721
    Options
    M favourite film character, with the no.s representing the days of the month my kids were born......

nothin interesting........ :smile:
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Mine has been something I've used for a while. It's really easy to decipher when you know a couple of things about me.
    My first name is Hazel, middle name is Dorothy.
    HAZE - Hazel
    DOT - Dorothy

Simples! :D
  • owlkat
    owlkat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is owlkat, because I work as a senior night carer, hence the owl bit, and my name shortened is Kat, which makes up owlkat :)
  • My name comes from the song by the Beatles,
    John Lennon is my idol, and the Beatles music have played a large roll in my life and helped to change me for the better.
    For the last few years I had suffered from depression, I felt as though we were all mindless drones, with as much depth as a glass of water, no one was unique were all just slaves working for an illusion . I cut myself and attempted suicide, my parents took me to get help, which didn't really help at first, as they tried to give me medication, I refused because I believe that it would change my soul and being. But after a while I began to see the beauty in life and I began to change. During my recovery I listened to the Beatles their music is so unique and inspirational it made me feel as though there was more, a hidden meaning or purpose behind everything if you just give things a chance it can reveal to you it's inner soul.
  • Scorpiotwinkle
    Options
    Scorpio cos it's my starsign - and twinkle because I LOVE anything that sparkles!
  • jess3227
    Options
    Boring story... Jessica is my name, and 3227 is my id number at work. Coincidently, adding a 9 on the end makes it my birthday)9)
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I used to belong to a close knit group on another website. My name was Six Time Mommy in honor of all my kids. Everyone in the group called me Six for short. One day, I posted a picture and one of my friend's in the group called me Sixalicious and that became my new nickname. When I changed my screen on MFP from my original name, I wanted Six, but Six was too short so I just decided to use Sixalicious instead.