The Wii Fit Team!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Kolney:

Know as I answer this that I have been a defensive tactics instructor for police since 1994. That said...

You DO move your arm... just not forward and the remotes are pretty sensitive.

Most of us "load" before we punch. Just before you actually push your arm forward you are probably pulling it in a quick little "reverse jab" that the remote senses and counts as movement - a punch. I have to concentrate to move my arms ONLY forward.

Great job, JB!!

Thanks Frank!
    Oh and if check in is tomorrow, I guess I did meet my goal, lol! :wink:
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hello my name is debbie and i would like to join your wii program here.. i have been just been learning the active moves and i have been doing a lot of free walking ok grandson just came in i will talk to everyone latter have a peaceful day love debbie and family
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Checking in! I only got 1 hour in for the whole week on the wii. I did lots of other exercises, but the wii got put on the back burner. Watch out because I'm comming full force this week!! I set my new goals and I'm gonna blow them away!!!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I did two sessions on the Fit at 30 minutes, and one at 90 mins. The goal for this week is to do at least 30 mins 4 times, in addition to walking every day.
    Great job last week everyone!!! Good luck this week!! :happy:
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Counting back across the last seven days I definitely didn't make my goal of six days / 45 min per.

That admitted, this week is off to a great start as I've got two days of Wii Fit in:
    one day at 40 minutes
    2nd day at 45 minutes

On that first day I cut five because I spent 80 mowing my lawn and figured that made up for it! :-)

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    Over the weekend I did the hula hoop, boxing, tenis, bowling.

I am going to try and use it tonight when I get home. I may go running instead if it is nice out.
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Got my 60 minutes of Strength Training in on the Fitness Coach yesterday and 60 minutes of cardio today with the fitness coach. We did do a little WiiSports yesterday and some boxing on the WiiFit as well. All and all the week is going as planned. You guys keep up the excellent work.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    90 minutes total for the past week. I guess I did reach my minutes goal, but I split it up over only 2 days, not 3. So the new week starts today! I will probably do Wii Fit tomorrow.

Looks like everyone did a good job this week! Keep it up!:happy:
  • kbabe0017
    kbabe0017 Posts: 5
    Options
    Have any of you guys tried the wii ea active?? It's a lot like the wii fit but like 10 times better IMO. It even comes with a resistance band, which was kinda weak, but I bought some stronger ones and it defintely kicks my *kitten*. And its compatible with the wii balance board too!
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Have any of you guys tried the wii ea active?? It's a lot like the wii fit but like 10 times better IMO. It even comes with a resistance band, which was kinda weak, but I bought some stronger ones and it defintely kicks my *kitten*. And its compatible with the wii balance board too!

Haven't tried it - want it sooooo badly. It does sound better than the Wii Fit. Is there more aerobic exercises or something?
  • kbabe0017
    kbabe0017 Posts: 5
    Options
    :smile:
    Yeah I mean to be honest, I have only played around with the wii fit when I visit my brothers at home because they have it, but I never really felt like I was getting much of a work out. It was definitely fun to play though. But with the wii active, you do a lot of lunges, shoulder presses, squats, squat jumps, jogging, kick backs, high knees, etc and it really works up a sweat, at least it does for me. Then there's also more fun things like cardio boxing, tennis drills, basketball drills, baseball and volleyball as well as dance.

There's a preset 30 day challenge where they have pre-made workouts that get progressively harder over the month but you can choose either light medium or heavy before you begin it and it switches in between focusing on your leg muscles and your arm muscles. A usual workout has me burning about 150 calories or more and then I usually go in and either do my own work out by picking from the ones they have available or I use one of their other preset ones.

Anyways, I still combine that with some of my workout dvds, like biggest loser cardio max and power sculpt and I really feel like I'm starting to make exercise a habit, which has always been hard for me. But its the wii active that really adds that degree of fun into the whole process, which keeps me wanting to come back and work out more! I would def. recommend it!

:smile:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I got my 3 days, but not my 30 minutes each day actually on the Wii. I did get over my 90 minutes of excercise in though. I litterly ran in place while I was making dinner.

The kids were on the Wii playing a Mario game and all getting along, so I thought it best to leave them be and jog on my own.

Guess what? My BMI went from obese to overweight!

If you made your goal last week - gratz to you. If you didn't - gratz to you for trying and hang in there.
  • fitgal411
    Options

That's AWESOME!:bigsmile: I'm almost there, and I feel great! You should feel very proud of yourself!
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    I haven't read all the threads except the original post. I have had a Wii Fit since April and love it. It actually is very motivating and provides that necessary boost whenever I feel like slacking off.

Count me in. 5 days a week, 30 minutes a day.
  • Delphi
    Options

Hey me to! It was such a relief to hear the Wii fit finally not tell me how Obese I am. Three cheers for just being over-weight. :drinker:
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Hey me to! It was such a relief to hear the Wii fit finally not tell me how Obese I am. Three cheers for just being over-weight. :drinker:
    I can't wait till I see that. I have a VERY long way to go, but this time it seems easier to exercise for some reason. I think it may be because it's warm outside finally. DH, DD, and I went on a 3.5 mi bike ride last night burning over 300 calories. I plan to do the wii tonight as well. The weather men are calling for thunderstormes all day today and into tomorrow so I will be staying in for a while. Hope my wii doesn't get fried from the lightening or power surge! Have a great day everyone!!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Does everyone know that you can log your none WII excercies too?

I just found out about that last night. So, I will start doing that.

It's under the graph and then you click on activity log.

:flowerforyou:
  • Delphi
    Options

I can't wait till I see that. I have a VERY long way to go, but this time it seems easier to exercise for some reason. I think it may be because it's warm outside finally. DH, DD, and I went on a 3.5 mi bike ride last night burning over 300 calories. I plan to do the wii tonight as well. The weather men are calling for thunderstormes all day today and into tomorrow so I will be staying in for a while. Hope my wii doesn't get fried from the lightening or power surge! Have a great day everyone!!

Well I've gotten into the habit of unplugging ALL my consoles when we have bad weather. I've invested too much money to have mother nature screw me. I've had an xbox die on me and a treadmill due to thunderstorms...so yeah, I'm a habitual unplugger. :laugh:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I didn't really want to post that I haven't done any Wii since last check-in, but . . . oh wait, I just did.:blushing: Today is my last chance to get some exercises in!
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Remember - today is check-in day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'll start - only 1 day, 30 min this week.:grumble: My goal for next week is to get at least 1.5 hours total.