Woggers Team - JOIN US!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I feel like I haven't been on here as much as I usually am. :ohwell: Getting caught up..just read thru the last few posts.

Welcome to the new woggers! Hope you have a good time with this thread.
    Heather, I don't have any advice about the asthma. :ohwell: Sorry, like Kim said, I'm sure you can find a thread on it. There's a thread on almost everything :tongue: :smile:

Kim, you're doing such a great job. I look up to you so much! You motivate me to run more and to exercise more. I love it! :happy:

Marty, maybe just try adding in some veggies to rice or make enchiladas that have onions/peppers in them....try to "hide" the veggies with other foods/flavors so they don't bother you as much.

Vanessa, don't feel bad, I haven't wogged at all since friday either! :noway: I've been doing the 30 day shred each day tho, but I usually get in some wogging as well. I must go to the gym tonight. I feel like I need to get out and run or something.

I hope everyone is having a great day. It's gloomy and rainy here in PA!
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    apparently this is how I started. I wrote this on May 15, 09 when we started this thread. I guess I have made more progress that I realized. thanks for the question, it was fun to go back a read some of my old stuff. I hope this helps, It really has worked for me. you'll get there just be patient and slowly add running time every week and you will go from 1 min- to 2min. to 3 min. to 4 min. and so on..........

I love to woggle too. I warm-up walk for 4 min. then run at 5.5 for 3 min. then( walk 2-4) -(run 3) -(walk 2-4) (run-3) and so on until my running time is up to 26 min.It usually takes me about 35-45 min. total to reach that goal. It is a pace that works for me, and gets my heart rate up for the whole time. you can do any combo you want. I am trying to work my way up to running 3 miles without stopping, someday. every other day I run at least 1 mile without stopping in this schedual and I plan to increase it a little each week. I'm not in a hurry so I am taking it slow. So far,the longest run I ever did was about 1.5 months ago and that was 1.5miles in 14:50min. I had to find out if I could pass the military physical test. YES I CAN !!!! " my hubby is Navy..... I wanted to prove to him that I could do it too...If any of you want I can post the requirements so you can test and push yourself too. just let me know.
    I'm looking forward to having a fun group to talk with and share the successes of us all.

As Of Yesterday, June 16, 2009, I ran my first 3miles.......I am so proud of myself. apparently it only took me 1 month to get to my goal. I think I expected it to take longer.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    STILL sick today - no exercise for me!:grumble: Tomorrow I may be back to my normal routine, though.

Heather - I don't have asthma, but some of my friends do. They can't run for long distances without getting out of breath. But when they have to stop, I don't mind just walking. I just work at their pace. That way I can have fun with my friends and not have to wear myself out exercising, too. Maybe your friend doesn't mind as much as you think. Kim and Jenna are right - start a new topic and you'll get a lot of answers!:smile: And while you're waiting, you're welcome to join our group!:flowerforyou:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I know you all are probably tired of me always complaining about life and sickness and backstabbers and all that. Today I went out to lunch with some people and was IGNORED the whole time. Inside jokes are so stupid - they just have to bring them up in front of people who aren't in on the jokes and they're like, "hahaha!" And you're like, "what? I don't get it." Ugh. Why do people have to hold grudges?????????:angry:
  • kimss
    Options
    to bad your still sick Rachel:sick: :frown:
    I sure hope your feeling better soon.

I did my regular wog today. 4.25 miles in 60 min. I wasn't sure I was going to make it, I am still a bit sore from yesterday's ,"record breaking run:laugh: :laugh: "
    But i made it through and I am so glad Idid. I feel pretty good today. I went tothe dentist this morning and my dentist was so amazed to see me. Since I was there 6 months ago, I quit smoking, lost 14 pounds, and became a wogger..... He was quite impressed. I was pretty proud.
    and for some reason, I never noticed before, but they have a great mirror in their bathroom. I looked much thinner than I usually see myself as, in my own mirrors. That was a good trade off for the pain he inflicted on me. I had a prep for a crown today.
    Well, I should take tomorrow off, but I will decide then, I don't want to, but, my legs usually make me take the time off.
    I hope you all have a good rest of your days. keep pushing forward girls. Even if you do nothing today, but log on here and read, your head is still in the game, so don't give up and don't stress yourself out. the motivation will return and you'll find your way back soon.
  • kimss
    Options
    I know you all are probably tired of me always complaining about life and sickness and backstabbers and all that. Today I went out to lunch with some people and was IGNORED the whole time. Inside jokes are so stupid - they just have to bring them up in front of people who aren't in on the jokes and they're like, "hahaha!" And you're like, "what? I don't get it." Ugh. Why do people have to hold grudges?????????:angry:

Were these people that you work with or something? what does the holding grudges mean?
  • fitgal411
    Options

Were these people that you work with or something? what does the holding grudges mean?

Summer job, yeah. I got in a fight with one of the girls, and she told everyone her side of the story and now it it just feels awkward when I'm with them.
  • kimss
    Options

Summer job, yeah. I got in a fight with one of the girls, and she told everyone her side of the story and now it it just feels awkward when I'm with them.

that really sucks, hopefully they will all let it go soon, and you can just do your job and be done with them. I remember how hard it was to deal with people at jobs. I 've had my share of annoying and down right mean people in my life. at least it is only a summer job and eventually you will be out of there. Just remember that someday they will all be just a distant memory and you will move on to a happy life , with people that you like and can be friends with.
    I know that doesn't really help you with "today".and I wish I had some profound advice for you ,but just keep doing what your doing and time will help in the healing of hurt feelings.
    And you always have us:wink:
  • fitgal411
    Options

that really sucks, hopefully they will all let it go soon, and you can just do your job and be done with them. I remember how hard it was to deal with people at jobs. I 've had my share of annoying and down right mean people in my life. at least it is only a summer job and eventually you will be out of there. Just remember that someday they will all be just a distant memory and you will move on to a happy life , with people that you like and can be friends with.
    I know that doesn't really help you with "today".and I wish I had some profound advice for you ,but just keep doing what your doing and time will help in the healing of hurt feelings.
    And you always have us:wink:

Thanks for the advice, and I just came up with an idea to make things better.

I'm gonna go work on it now . . . (It's nothing bad, I promise!:wink: )
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Remember - post your minutes tomorrow! Yes, I know I lost, but . . .
  • kimss
    Options
    don't feel too bad, I only wogged for 4 days last week myself. so my time is way down from the last couple week too. I'll post them tomorrow.
    :smile:
    come on girls, get those last few min. in tonight, if you can. and be sure to tell us about the other stuff your doing for your workout.
    myself I really only do a small amount of stretching every day, and then core work and 8lb weights, for about 30min. twice a week, I'm really focusing on my cardio right now to burn the fat.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    oh my gosh it's check in time already! where did the time go? lol

So....:blushing: I went over my cals for the FIRST time since I started MFP on May 3 :blushing:

lol I went over 500 some cals....
    ....all from a piece of Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard Icecream Cake from Dairy Queen :blushing:

Let me just tell you, it was totally worth it! I don't regret it at all bc I have been so perfect with my cals for so long. Not going over cals for that long is pretty darn great. but...I have to admit, I still feel a little guilty...and I'm still going to burn off some of the cals tonight...but what's a little treat every month gonna hurt? :smile:
  • kimss
    Options
    HI JENNA,
    yOU HAVE TO HAVE A LITTLE TREAT EVERY NOW AND THEN.
    THIS IS LIFE, AND IF YOU TOTALLY RESTRICT YOURSELF YOUR GOING TO BE MISSERABLE, AND THAT IS NOT WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT. DON'T FEEL GUILTY ABOUT YOUR TREAT.....YOU'VE BEEN SO GOOD AND SOMETIMES YOU NEED REST.

OK, MY MINUTES FOR THIS PAST WEEK ARE,......DRUM ROLL PLEASE..................

THAT IS SO WAY LOW FROM THE LAST FEW WEEKS. SO OK GIRLS. I AM GOING TO CHALLENGE US TO REACH A GOAL FOR THIS WEEK.
    WE NEED TO DO AS MANY MIN. AS WE DID THAT FIRST WEEK.
    I THINK MINE WAS 304.
    SO THAT IS MY GOAL FOR THIS COMING WEEK.
    GOOD LUCK GIRLS.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Ok...posting my minutes....316 this week. That's def lower than normal, but still not bad.

Kim I'll def be involved in your challenge! My first week exercise mins were 365. I'll try for that.
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • kimss
    Options
    wow Jenna,
    you are just kicking my butt with your min. I'll try to give you a run for your money this week. :laugh:
    keep up the great work...
    are you feeling better? did you figure out what was causing your hives?

I hope your better,
    kim
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the Woggers Team. Can someone tell what the minutes are? Are they walking for the week or running or both?
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha Kim this week is going to be so busy for me, you might actually beat me with minutes lol I work doubles almost every day starting tomorrow :ohwell: not fun. I'm going to try to get up earlier or go in to the gym later.

Welcome Heather! We don't have set minutes. Just post your minutes every thursday and try to beat your own mins each week just for fun :happy:
  • kimss
    Options
    OK jenna, I guess you can have a bit of a break since your working and all, :laugh: :wink:
    You just take care of yourself and try not to let the work get to you .

heather, just add a up all your min's that you walk and jog for the week from Thursday thru Wednesday. and share and compare. we are just having fun.