Woggers Team - JOIN US!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have been away from MFP for a few months now and would like to get back on track. I saw this topic and began to read about it. I am very interested in hearing more if someone would be interested in filling me in so I do not have to read all 11 pages :-) I would greatly appreciate it. I actually began my walking/jogging this week and I really could use the support like many of you. So, please fill me in and hopefully I can join up at anytime. Thanks.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I have been away from MFP for a few months now and would like to get back on track. I saw this topic and began to read about it. I am very interested in hearing more if someone would be interested in filling me in so I do not have to read all 11 pages :-) I would greatly appreciate it. I actually began my walking/jogging this week and I really could use the support like many of you. So, please fill me in and hopefully I can join up at anytime. Thanks.

your always welcome, we just walk and jog/ "wog" . we add up our min. from Thursday thru Wed. and post to keep ourselves going. we just talk and encourage eachother. we are a small group and welcome anyone who wants to talk. ask anything you want we will try to help. :smile:
  • nl_lynx
    nl_lynx Posts: 12
    Options
    i would like to join this group too. i started 'wogging' back in March and actually have kind of slacked the last few weeks here, but would like to get at it again.....still going thru the lifestyle change process and working towards a healthier wt. seems to be a lot of motivation and support here! are minutes posted Thurs > Wed total walk/jog minutes? i need to get busy!
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    welcome nl_lynx and Rachel6901! This is a great group to join. Everyone here is incredibly motivating and helpful. Good luck and happy wogging :happy:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    As some of you may know, my son was in an auto accident on Easter that left him with a broken neck. Long story short, I haven't been able to go to work (I work at our local high school) since before Easter. So, finally, I was able to return this week. Everyone expected me to return bigger than ever. You know how you eat when you're stressed, etc., etc. Well, when I walked into the office and they got a gander at me they actually stood with their mouths open!!!!! It was the best feeling in the world! And, to top it off, I quit smoking, too. They are STILL telling me how good I look and to keep up the good work. A few have asked me how I did it. You know, they want an easy answer like some miracle diet pill. When I tell them that I've changed my lifestyle and began exercising and just living healthy, they can't believe it. A few people have had me help them sign up for MFP. I've printed my diaries for them to show them how I ate and exercised. They have no idea how happy they've made me. I did it all for myself, of course, but the accolades don't hurt the ego either! I'm only 17 pounds away from goal weight. I can't "weight" to get there! IT WILL HAPPEN!

I just had to share with you all. And, guess what? I have even gotten a few people wog with me at school!!! We wog 2 miles a day, 4 days a week!
  • Rachel6901
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I was ready to get out and wog today but we have had so much rain. So when my son gets down for his nap I am going to ride my stationary bike instead. Anything will do at this point! :) Hoping for better weather tomorrow!
  • kimss
    Options
    As some of you may know, my son was in an auto accident on Easter that left him with a broken neck. Long story short, I haven't been able to go to work (I work at our local high school) since before Easter. So, finally, I was able to return this week. Everyone expected me to return bigger than ever. You know how you eat when you're stressed, etc., etc. Well, when I walked into the office and they got a gander at me they actually stood with their mouths open!!!!! It was the best feeling in the world! And, to top it off, I quit smoking, too. They are STILL telling me how good I look and to keep up the good work. A few have asked me how I did it. You know, they want an easy answer like some miracle diet pill. When I tell them that I've changed my lifestyle and began exercising and just living healthy, they can't believe it. A few people have had me help them sign up for MFP. I've printed my diaries for them to show them how I ate and exercised. They have no idea how happy they've made me. I did it all for myself, of course, but the accolades don't hurt the ego either! I'm only 17 pounds away from goal weight. I can't "weight" to get there! IT WILL HAPPEN!

I just had to share with you all. And, guess what? I have even gotten a few people wog with me at school!!! We wog 2 miles a day, 4 days a week!

WoW ahmee,
    that is so great. I didn't know your son was in an accident. I'm so sorry. how is he doing? A broken neck? that must have been so tough for you both. You really should be proud of yourself. Not only did you lose weight, you quit smoking and all while dealing with a tragedy, you are an inspiration to the world my friend. congrat's on all you have accomplished, you deserve all the attention you are getting. Thanks for sharing your story. it is so great to hear when good things are happening .

Welcom nl_lynx and Rachel. just join in . tell us your story.. and what you've accomplished and what is your next goal. we are all in this together.

I am hoping to wog today, TOM just got here this morning so I will down some advil and see how I feel when the baby goes down for her nap. but I was pretty happy when I stepped on the scale this morning, and low and behold, I still weigh 156. no increase with my monthly "visitor". I hope it holds and I really hope that I can make it to my goal of 150 before my trip at the end of July.

I hope you all have a great day.
  • kimss
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I was ready to get out and wog today but we have had so much rain. So when my son gets down for his nap I am going to ride my stationary bike instead. Anything will do at this point! :) Hoping for better weather tomorrow!

hey Rachel , any exercise that gets you up and moving is great. just keep up the good work. Your little one is so cute. I know how hard it is to get going with them. my youngest girl is 3yrs 2mon. and I wasn't motivated to get the rest of this weight off and starrt exercising until this last Jan. so I give you so much credit for getting started and having found your motivation.
    Don't worry if you do not have many wogging min's next week, that isn't really the point. we are just here to chat and have fun.
    good luck.

P.S. I just looked at your profile, I just want to thank you for being a special education teacher. My oldest daughter has C.Palsy, and I have always had so much respect for anyone who will take on the task of working with our kids and helping them reach their full potential in life.

Your obviously a special and caring person so , you just put that same determiniation into yourself that you use on your students and you will be losing weight and feeling great in no time.
  • kimss
    Options
    i would like to join this group too. i started 'wogging' back in March and actually have kind of slacked the last few weeks here, but would like to get at it again.....still going thru the lifestyle change process and working towards a healthier wt. seems to be a lot of motivation and support here! are minutes posted Thurs > Wed total walk/jog minutes? i need to get busy!

Hi lynx,
    I just read your profile, " what little there is" and I see we are about the same age. I just wanted to tell you that you can do this. I know being a little "above the curve" can be hard to deal with.; I lost at first and now I have been battleing a plateau, but I am really working hard to get past it and prove that this program works for everyone ,not just 20yr olds with wicked, wild matabolisms. so welcome back and we are here for you so just get your wogging on and add up those min,. and you will be amazed at how fast you will be in no time at all.
    add all your min.s Thurs-Wed. walking and jogging.
  • kimss
    Options
    So It looks like we have a winner for this last week.........
    :wink: :happy: KIDVICIOUS........WITH 375MIN. TOTAL

Congrat's....:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: .You are realy pushing yourself and showing us how to do it...... keep up the great wogging.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    thank you! I'm starting to feel so much better about myself. I haven't taken "update pictures" yet....I took them when I started MFP...but I FEEL smaller. I don't know if it's all in my head or if i actually look different. No has really said anything to me so who knows lol.
    A year before I found MFP I weighed 184lbs and some how got down to 163.5 (at the start of MFP) and now I'm 155! I'm so excited about this. It makes me so happy. I started college at 155lbs WOO! I'm pumped! I can't wait until I get to my goal weight.

Keep up the good work ladies! You're doing such a great job so far!
  • Rachel6901
    Options
    Kimss, thank you so much for the very kind words. I actually have been teaching special education for 4 years now. I just finished with my degree for special education and my masters of education. So hopefully I will continue to improve and learn, as we all should. I do have to say that I usually have the mild disabilities and I too have a high respect for those who can teach special ed. Especially those with more severe disabilities. I am not sure I could do that! As for today, I ended up swimming some laps in the backyard and I felt great afterwards. I think I need to work that in there along with my wogging and I might just start feeling better. Thanks again for your great message. I will continue to check into the message board here and communicate with everyone.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Mind if I join. I do lot of walking, especially up hills. I belong to a gym that has an indoor track so for a couple of weeks I've been half walking/half jogging around the track for about 30 minutes 2-3 times a week. I seem to going along okay and would like to join your group and increase my time and motivaton to do so. I guess i'll wait until next week to jog my minutes.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I haven't have time to read all the posts yet, but wow, seems we've been busy! Welcome all newbies, anyone can join at any time. Glad to see this group growing.:flowerforyou:

Rachel6901 - my name is Rachel, too, by the way! A lot of people are named Rachel. :laugh:

Race for the Cure is TOMORROW and I hope to be doing the 5K. Soooo scared because I'm only on Week 3 of the program . . . :noway:
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Fitgal, good luck tomorrow! Don't scare yourself. You'll do great!

I'm finally wogging 4 days a week and doing Slim in 6 (as much as I can handle). Everyone seems to be on the right track..whatever that track may be...:drinker: :smooched:

My exercise mins
    Slim in 6 - 24 minutes
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    hello mnichol! welcome to our woggers team :smile: good luck!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    What's everyone's first names???? Just curious.

My name is Jenna :smile:
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Amy
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    What's everyone's first names???? Just curious.

My name is Jenna :smile:

Yay, now I can stop calling you "kid"! Felt weird because you're older than me!:laugh:

My name is Rachel, as I said earlier, but you can still call me fitgal because now there's 2 Rachels.:smile:

When I was younger, there was another Rachel in my class, so we had to go by our first name & last initial. It drove me craaaaazy!:tongue:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha you're funny!

I just figured we can start using real names at this point. :smile: Nice to "meet" you Rachel :wink:

I've never met anyone else by the name of Jenna. Hmm.