Crazy/funny/weird things you're scared of

Options

Replies

• sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I am afraid of under the bed. I take a flying leap into my bed every night. I have a fear of something grabbing me and dragging me under the bed. I also have to have my feet covered and tucked in to feel safe while sleeping.
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Semi-trucks on the interstate, bridges, heights. So I am screwed driving next to a semi on a really tall bridge!:noway:
  • Trilaina
    Options
    Maggots. I'm fine with all manner of creepy crawlies, but I won't go anywhere near a maggot.

Dark bathrooms, even more so if they have mirrors. Not afraid of the dark at all, but bathrooms creep me the *kitten* out.
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    lobsters and the dark... or being alone with lobsters in the dark lmao
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    So weird to read the post about looking at a clock when it's 11:11, because AT LEAST 3-4 times a week, I will look at a clock when it is 11:11. It happens constantly. Oddly enough, my son was born on November 11, so I always thought it was interesting that I keep seeing that time. And it's not like I'm a clock-watcher either. I just always happen to look at it at 11:11, and I always think that maybe it means something related to HIM.

Is there a special meaning if you look at a clock at 11:11? Okay, I guess this is kinda off-topic, but someone posted something about this already.

I've heard that this signifies that an angel, or your guardian angel, is present.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am afraid of under the bed. I take a flying leap into my bed every night. I have a fear of something grabbing me and dragging me under the bed. I also have to have my feet covered and tucked in to feel safe while sleeping.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of!!! Not all the time, tho. When I was a kid, I did the same thing...flip the light switch off, then take a flying leap to the bed!

I'm pretty much ok most the time, but every now and then, when something just doesn't feel right, I'll get the heebie-jeebies and take a wide path around the bed. My daughters know about this fear, and one time my youngest thought it would be a cool thing to hide under the dining room table. I walked into the kitchen and as I was walking by, she reached out and grabbed my ankle. After I nearly went thru the ceiling, I read her the riot act, as she and her sister both had a hard time keeping a straight face. Oh, and that's another thing...DON'T touch my ankles!! That freaks me out!
  • nekolita
    Options
    I'm afraid of smokers.
    If I'm trapped in a room with someone smoking, panic attack will induce: crying, shortness of breath, etc

not dislike smokers, not it smells bad, flat out scared.

o_o
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Uhm... feet gross me out ._.! It took me a year to even look at my boyfriend's feet.

Also you all see normal. My friend is FREAKED OUT by balloons...
  • andreacord
    Options
    Wet paper towel. WEIRD.

Oh and spiders.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    What are you afraid of that other people thing is weird funny or crazy?

Me, I'm terrified of mushrooms. Can't look at them without shuddering, and there is no way I will touch one!

So what about you?

DIABOLICAL !!!!!! Mushrooms are the Earth's best veggie ! I LOVE SHROOMS !

Ok ... No weird fears here ... Carry on ! :drinker:
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I reaaaaaalllllyyy hate the sound of the teeth biting into the skin of a raw apple.

I always gotta have them sliced. O.O
  • sampa91
    sampa91 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Small spaces :S being trapped under a blanket or tied up where I can't move my arms or legs, worst feeling... Hate it!!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Not exactly scared but I really, really, really, really, really hate to watch/listen to people throw up.
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    Cougars. I am seriously afraid one will run out at me while I'm out on a walk or run.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I would have to first say stink bugs and ostriches. Stink bugs are so big and so loud when they fly around and ostriches are really big and run around, just creepy.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Not scared of much, but being out with a group and they leave without me.

I totally dumped a guy because we were out in the mountains with my friends and he just HAD to brush his teeth while they all left, despite my insistence to do it later (I mean, really, we were at a restaurant?!!), even though neither one of us knew how to get back into town and GPS phone wasn't working.
  • BrownEyedJerseyGirl
    Options
    WalMart. People in Walmart. There are some really scary, freaky people in that place. www.peopleofwalmart.com
  • poponastick302
    poponastick302 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Water. It's absolutely nuts.
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Lobsters.

That and the beeping when the Emergency Alert System comes on the radio. It FREAKS me out!!!
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Parking Garages. I drive an SUV and always think the ceiling is too low. Have to hold my hand just above my eyes so I dont see the ceiling, just whats in front of me.

I though only I was afraid of parking garages...the underground ones. I will walk extra distance to find an open air lot or if I absolutely have to park underground I take the first spot I see to get it over with if I'm driving, if someone else is driving I have to cover my eyes until we are parked. I'm okay walking in them just not driving.