Haters gonna hate.

Potatoes gonna potate.

Alligators gonna alligate.

Such is life, I guess.
    Nerd!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Lately this site has been becoming as ridiculous as Facebook with the haters and that is why I went here with my fitness stuff it really sucks!
    I totally agree MPF needs a serious housecleaning of all the scum bag rude people it's getting out of control.
  • gloriashaped
    Options
    I feel sorry for people who can't sense the humor in things. As far as "nasty", mean obnoxious people-that's why I left Runner's World forum. So far I have not been attacked on this forum, seems friendly.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You know what frosts my mini-wheats? When someone says they have a right to their opinion, then blasts someone else for posting their contrary opinion.

Everyone has a right to say what they want (within the TOS of this site), and everyone else has the same right to disagree.

No lie!!
  • gloriashaped
    Options
    You know what frosts my mini-wheats? When someone says they have a right to their opinion, then blasts someone else for posting their contrary opinion.

Everyone has a right to say what they want (within the TOS of this site), and everyone else has the same right to disagree.

No lie!!

Bump
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @caljur - Sarcasm is a popular theme for threads around here. You haven't been using the site long, but a lot of people use the forum just to entertain themselves. MFPAddict has been here a long time, and I have never found him to be offensive or disrespectful to ladies. To the best of my knowledge, he has never misled anyone to believe that he is LL Cool J. He is inspired by LL Cool J and that is commonly understood for most other people on the site. While I realize that you felt you were stepping up in defense of women out of your tremendous sense of respect for them, I really think you misunderstood MFPAddict's intentions. That being the case, I felt that your original post in the other thread was highly inappropriate, abusive, and in general, unnecessary. Which is likely to be why the thread got locked because the site does not allow that type of behavior.
    agreed
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    geeze .. we are so hard on ourselves so much of the time. This should be a place to chill out and laugh and repair our bodies and brains before we go out and beat ourselves up again.
    I'll be your friend in a heatbeat. I thought the whole thread was funny!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Will someone please tell me when everything under the friggin' sun became offensive? I must've been sick that day...
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    WHAT? YOU MEAN U NO REALLY LL COOL J??????!!!!!!!?
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    i am corporate IT. No worries, although I don't want to see cleavage while I'm at work if it's not my own!!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    WHAT? YOU MEAN U NO REALLY LL COOL J??????!!!!!!!?

I thought that LL Cool J was addicted to mfp, too! :wink:
    I don't know why. I'm not really the Heat Miser. I don't even find his physique all that inspiring. Mainly, I just like the song....

Sometimes it is difficult to tell when people are kidding. About a month ago, someone wrote something sarcastic about someone who was being trollish should be named a saint, and I was bantering with her about why he couldn't be... I thought we were both kidding around. She ends up freaking out with "CAN"T YOU TELL I'M BEING SARCASTIC? WHY ARE YOU ARGUING WITH ME? OBVIOUSLY I KNOW..." blah blah blah... Yeah. Okay. No more being comraderie among the sarcastic I guess...

(And in case anyone can't tell by the winky face, I'm kidding about believing LL COOL J was on here!)

I never had a "signature" on here when it was allowed, but if it was still allowed, I think I'd be ready to have a disclaimer as a signature about now....
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm gobsmacked.

Next thing you're going to tell me Jillian Michaels doesn't really have about 247 different accounts on here.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I'm gobsmacked.

Next thing you're going to tell me Jillian Michaels doesn't really have about 247 different accounts on here.

She doesn't...WTF?!?!?!?!?! :noway:
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I'm gobsmacked.

Then why do i keep seeing her around huh?

Your trying to trick me! But I too smart!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    To those of you that sent me friend requests, I truly appreciate the gesture but I am not looking to add anyone at this time. I try to offer support daily to everyone on my list, so I need to keep it manageable. :flowerforyou:
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    this is the "Chit-chat, FUN, and Games" forum...people should realize that many of the threads in this particular area of MFP are not necessarily fitness related. And, if people open a topic and realize that they don't like it, there's really no need to post in it. Nor is there any real need to try and make others feel bad or inferior in those threads for trying to have a little fun. Weight loss is hard...we all know that. But it CAN be fun, given the right circumstances.

Please remember that when you post something on the CCF&G forum, it come up on the homepage as just the title of your post. This one showed up on the homepage as "Why so much hate?" & it did not specify where it was posted. So people that are curious due to the topic click on it & read what is said & also the comments after the 1st post - never knowing what forum it is from. Yes, it is listed at the top what forum it is from - but who honestly looks up there first when reading a post?
    That is why I suggested putting a disclaimer in front of any post that is supposed to be funny, so people don't take it the wrong way.
  • saritabandita
    saritabandita Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yep. I agree... many people don't have a sense of humor on MFP. C'mon people- loosen up! Life is too short to get worked up over nothing.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I think the real question here is why IS LL Cool J your profile picture?

Because it inspires me to work harder on my abs.

Um...just so you know, your abs are currently completely lickable the way they are :flowerforyou:

I take it you saw them before I changed my privacy settings? :blushing:

Yeah...I peeked :wink:

I'm sorry I didn't peek too. I have read your disclaimer, but never worried about it either way. After all, my profile pic's a sunset...I am obviously not a sunset....Sorry you felt you needed to make your profile private and sorry I missed your forum post...pretty sure I would have been able to figure out you were just having a laugh.
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't know why. I'm not really the Heat Miser. I don't even find his physique all that inspiring. Mainly, I just like the song....

Now it's in my head!!! >_< But I love it! lol