50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Just posted a recipe for lemonade pie on the recipe thread. It is my healthier version of an old summer standby Moma always made. I also entered it in the food list as "SuzyQ's Lemonade Pie." 172 calories a slice and soooo yummy! If you try it, let me know what you think.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    SUSAN, A LOUD YIPPEE FOR YOU. :flowerforyou: DON'T YOU JUST DESPISE THE WORD OBESE? IT'S A SHAME YOU HAVE TO MISS BEING WITH YOUR HUSBAND AND HIS FAMILY BECAUSE OF THOSE DARN CANDIES AND COOKIES. CAN MIL PUT THEM OUT OF SIGHT? IF MY DIL ASKED ME TO DO THAT, I WOULD DO IT IN A HEART BEAT. MAYBE YOU COULD TRY EXPLAINING IT TO HER. :heart: ANNE

Yes. I hate the word obese! Sounds so gross! :sick: I haven't even considered asking my MiL to stash the goodies. There isn't room in her cabinet. Sadly, she and her boys are all hypoglycemic and have no business eating it either, but she continues to buy it. One whole side of her kitchen counter is literally lined with candy and cookies! Most days I can go out there and leave the junk food alone by eating an apple. But the other day I was craving chocolate so badly, I knew if it was available I would eat it, so I just stayed home.

It has been raining slow and easy since early this morning so I have all my windows wide open. It smells heavenly. :love: So since I won't be mowing today, I have invited the in-laws over HERE for supper. :flowerforyou: That way I can control how many calories I'm getting a little better. We will be having the lemonade pie I mentioned earlier for dessert.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    SUSAN, A LOUD YIPPEE FOR YOU. :flowerforyou: DON'T YOU JUST DESPISE THE WORD OBESE? IT'S A SHAME YOU HAVE TO MISS BEING WITH YOUR HUSBAND AND HIS FAMILY BECAUSE OF THOSE DARN CANDIES AND COOKIES. CAN MIL PUT THEM OUT OF SIGHT? IF MY DIL ASKED ME TO DO THAT, I WOULD DO IT IN A HEART BEAT. MAYBE YOU COULD TRY EXPLAINING IT TO HER. :heart: ANNE

Yes. I hate the word obese! Sounds so gross! :sick: I haven't even considered asking my MiL to stash the goodies. There isn't room in her cabinet. Sadly, she and her boys are all hypoglycemic and have no business eating it either, but she continues to buy it. One whole side of her kitchen counter is literally lined with candy and cookies! Most days I can go out there and leave the junk food alone by eating an apple. But the other day I was craving chocolate so badly, I knew if it was available I would eat it, so I just stayed home.

It has been raining slow and easy since early this morning so I have all my windows wide open. It smells heavenly. :love: So since I won't be mowing today, I have invited the in-laws over HERE for supper. :flowerforyou: That way I can control how many calories I'm getting a little better. We will be having the lemonade pie I mentioned earlier for dessert.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Just sat down to log in food. It is raining AGAIN today. I so need to get out and get ride of my weeds in my side garden. Oh well, I did all my house work and now I have to get to the gym. I'm off work for 3 weeks. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: One week I will have with my hubby. :bigsmile:

Now I have to really challenge myself. I am so use to going to the gym as soon as I get done with my morning run. (My little guy I drive to school is done until he goes to summer camp) Now, I have to reschedule my life. Vet visits for Bosco & Punky, Dentist appointments (ME), My parents, finish painting the building.etc.

We have so many new faces here. How great is that. I really need this site. I don't think I would have made it this far for so long. Just a few days ago, I found myself slipping. (not logging food and eating a little more then I should). BUT, I get on here and read the post and I get motivated again. I feel so welcome here on this thread. Like momof10:flowerforyou: wrote its like hanging out with you all. I also feel that way.

Well, I better get going.

:heart: Kathy

• momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :drinker: water break i like everyone to meet my grandson steven he is three.. will we had a busy morning here we just came back from the landry mat the sun came out for a few so we were walking around the parking lot while wanting for the clothes to wash now we are home and drying them witch is ok cause the driver is down stairs so now i do my stair walks. this after we are going to the libray and the y raining this afternoon ok hope everyone is having a good day my hubby put his candy in another draw and is going to make sure it stays out of site for me he was laughing though. out of site out of my hands.... ok have a nice afternoon love debbie and family
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am here. Laid off for today. I should be cleaning my house. Maybe I will feel better about not being at work if I am doing something around the house. I am hoping to go to Toledo tomorrow to visit my son. He invited us there to meet his girl friend's parents. Uh, oh. Sounds serious. I am not sure that we will be going because of my layoff. My paycheck may not allow us to do anything extra.
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Hello everyone

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Debbie - He so cute. I know what you mean about the sweets I am the same way - out of sight out of mouth:laugh:

I kind of blew it last night - not necessarily junky stuff but too much of anything still puts you over for the day. As in 400 over:blushing:

Kathy your sub sounds so cute - must have been a big job. Don't forget to post pics. I think you have the maintenance down. It seems to me if I stop paying attention for two days, i gain weight. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself because my 'special lady time' is approaching and the older I get the worse that seems to be on my body and system. I ache, crab all the time, cry easier than normal and crave food that's not the best. Oh well I shall conquer the evil 'fill your face' demon some day.

Swiss - although I'm sorry for you to have the day off I can't help wishing it was me:wink:
    I am burned out from the hectic pace. I actually booked a couple of days off . July 1 is our Stat Holiday for Canada Day, so I booked the 2 and 3rd so if I get my way, I'll be off for 5 days in a row. Because I am a one-person office, I am always trying to fit a couple of days off between payend, payables, month end etc.
    Anyway, Have a good visit with you son and 'potential inlaws' - if you get to go! Hope its not like Meet the Fockers:laugh:

Barbiecat - I hope Jake is feeling better. I like you new picture - you're doing a fabulous job getting in shape:flowerforyou:

Anne - thanks for always giving us good feelilngs about ourselves. I draw from your words all the time. I know I haven't been the best but I sure am alot better with the support of this group.

Sue - I am doing a suezzque thing today - drink lots of water and eat fruit and veggies - trying to make up for last night. Hopefully by morning my scale will forgive my over - calorie day.

Welcome to all newcomers and returning posters.

Today I will
    Eat better
    drink water
    find enjoyment in being the taxi mom!!
    Plan for the weekend of parties 3 in the next 2 days (Yikes)

Take care all

Heather
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and a very Happy Friday:flowerforyou: Special warm hugs to the newest members, we are sure always glad to have new people join us. I wish you lots of sucess as you begin your new journey.

Well after a incredibly busy week we are comfortably settled in at our campsite. In fact as I sit down to type this my DH is snoring away in the bedroom:laugh: It was a very early start for us this morning:tongue: We arrived here safe and sound...set up camp, did some grocery shopping and now are enjoying a few hours to chill out before dinner. The weather had been overcast with a sprinkling of rain but it is getting a little bit brighter:smile: There is a heated pool that I think I might have to take advantage of.

I must confess that I didn't take the time to do any extra intentional exercise for the past couple of days but when I weighed myself this morning I was holding my own, must have been all the cleaning I did in the trailer and in the house, cutting the grass, weeding the gardens just to mention a few things I accomplished this week:laugh: Tonite I promise to go for a nice long brisk walk...my knee is feeling a little better but I don't want to aggravate it.

Take care everyone and be kind to yourself:bigsmile:

Marie:heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone:flowerforyou:

Just a quickie post to say I am down another lb. thanks to the 5.5 miles I walked on Thursday. I read over the posts of last 24 or so hours, and see someone is having "ticker trouble" and they talked about having to "paste" --don't have enough info to solve the problem..think it might have been PATSIGIRL?? Whoever it was, send me a personal message with a little more description and I will send you some instructions. Once you have the ticker set up properly, it will appear in all your posts and as you enter your weight it will change, according to what you put in for weight and how you have it set up.

My friend Linda came home from the hospital today, so that meant I spent my afternoon getting prescriptions, grocery shopping, and mediating a disagreement between her and the two roomates that are in the process of moving out.

I also managed to get stuck on the freeway as a result of a sudden rainstorm that took everyone by suprise and caused an accident. Now I am running out the door to go to dinner at some friends. Should be able to catch up on Saturday.

:flowerforyou: Barbicat, I did stop long enough to view your new picture. For some reason, you are as I had pictured you in my mind. If I can get a picture taken without breaking the camera, maybe I will get brave and post some of me instead of the doggies.

By for now.

Barb
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies,
    I had a pretty good day. Did great on eating. Good on water. Did not get to gym, but did cut grass and burned a few calories. It is so hot we have to wait until after 7pm to begin to cut.
    I did get great news though. My granddaughter came over wearing her I am a big sister shirt. My youngest daughter just found out she is pregnant with her second child. Due sometime in Feb. I am very excited. They have been trying for about a year. I will be keeping that baby also, so my new long term goal is my final goal by baby's birth. I think I can easily do that. I just want to be in great shape to begin keeping a newborn plus 2-- 3 yr olds and a 2 yr old. Wow I am tired just thinking about it. Just wanted to share my news with my friends. Talk to you tomorrow.
    Vicki
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't make the good morning, so I'll wish all a good night. Sweet dreams!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Barb, congrats on the weight lose.

Vicki, congrats on the news of a new grandchild on the way. I have one of mine here now also.

Didn't have much activity today. It is too hot to move. If I could count the water I am losing that would be great. But, then, I am drinking it all back.
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HERE IS THE WEEKEND, WILL YOU BE ABLE TO SAY ON MONDAY,THAT YOU DID A GOOD JOB AND
    STAYED FOCUSED? :flowerforyou:

PATSIGIRL, FORGOT TO WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY 66TH BIRTHDAY. CONGRATULATIONS.:flowerforyou:

DEBBIE, EVER SINCE I WOKE UP TO THE FACT THAT BEING HEALTHY IS MY CHOICE, I DO ENJOY SHARING INFO WITH OTHERS WHO ARE STRUGGLING TOO. YOU ARE SO RIGHT, IT HELPS KNOWING YOU ARE NOT ALONE. HUBBY CAN LAUGH ALL HE WANTS AS LONG AS HE STAYS
    SUPPORTIVE AND DOES WHAT YOU ASK HIM TO DO. JUST WAIT UNTIL HE FINDS OUT YOU ARE
    SERIOUS ABOUT THIS AND STARTS SEEING RESULTS.:smile: HI STEVEN, SO GLAD TO MEET YOU VIA THE INTERNET. YOU ARE SOME HANDSOME GUY.:smile:

KATHY, I READ "THOSE WHO LOG IN THEIR FOODS ARE MORE SUCCESSFUL". MUST BE TRUE, I TOO START TO SLIP IF I STOP WRITING DOWN MY FOODS. I DO A KIND OF SHORTHAND, SO IT IS
    FAST AND EASY. I KNOW MOST USE THIS SITE. ANY WAY IT IS DONE, WE HAVE TO JUST DO IT.
    I HAVE FAITH IN YOU. ANYONE WHO CAN ACHIEVE WHAT YOU HAVE HAS THE POWER TO REACH
    GOAL AND STAY THERE.:heart: I SURE DO AGREE WITH YOU AND DEBBIE ABOUT THIS GROUP.

ELLI, GO ELLI, GO ELLI, GO ELLI!!! :flowerforyou:

SUSAN, YOUR PLAN TO HAVE THE IN-LAWS OVER IS SMART. THE PIE SOUNDS WONDERFUL,
    ENJOY! :smile:

BECKY, DO HOPE YOU CAN FIND A WAY TO VISIT YOUR SON. IT DOES SOUND SERIOUS.:smile:

HEATHER, YOU "BLEW IT", 400 CALORIES WORTH. THAT IS , I THINK, ABOUT 1/8 OF THE 3500 CALORIES IT TAKES TO GAIN A POUND. SO, IF THE SCALE IS UP, IT IS SALT, WATER, ETC. JUST GO RIGHT BACK TO EATING HEALTHY. YOU DIDN'T REALLY BLOW ANYTHING. DO HAVE A PLAN FOR THOSE PARTIES. I ENJOYED MEET THE FOCKERS AND THE OTHER ONE, WAS IT MEET THE PARENTS? THEY WERE BOTH SO FUNNY.:laugh: ARE YOU SEEING A DOCTOR ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS? YOU HAVE TO FIGHT
    BACK HEATHER. DON'T LET THAT DEMON WIN. THINK ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL AFTER YOU HAVE
    EATEN THE "WRONG" FOODS. FINE WHEN THEY ARE GOING DOWN, BUT NOT SO FINE WHEN REALITY HITS. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND I KNOW YOU DON'T REALLY WANT IT THAT WAY.
    WHEN I STARTED SLIPPING,I KNEW I COULDN'T DO IT ALONE RIGHT NOW. SO, I JOINED THIS
    GREAT THREAD AND STARTED WW. WE HAVE TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES. KEEP THINKING OF
    HOW GOOD THIN FEELS. YOU CAN DO IT. I BELIEVE THERE IS AN ANSWER TO EVERY PROBLEM
    THAT GETS IN OUR WAY BECAUSE EATING DOES NOT MAKE THINGS BETTER EXCEPT FOR THAT ONE FLEETING MOMENT. :heart:

MARIE, GLAD YOU ARE AT THE CAMPSITE AND ENJOYING YOURSELF. THE POOL SOUNDS INVITING. ALSO, HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE MAINTAINING AND YOUR KNEE FEELS A LITTLE
    BETTER.:flowerforyou:

BARB, DOWN ANOTHER 1LB, EXCELLENT. :flowerforyou: HOPE YOU ADD YOUR PICTURE, BUT CAN YOU ALSO LEAVE THE DOGGIES ON. I HAVE COME TO ENJOY SEEING THEM , SO ADORABLE. GLAD LINDA IS AT HOME.

VICKI, CONGRATULATIONS, I AM SO ENVIOUS, NO GRANDKIDS FOR ME TO LOVE AS YET. I HAVE TO BORROW FROM FRIENDS ONCE IN AWHILE.

WHISHFUL, HAVE A GREAT DAY.

I HAVE TO SEE A SURGEON ABOUT MY FOOT. MY DOCTOR DOES NOT THINK IT IS GOING TO GET BETTER THIS TIME. BANGING IT MADE AN OLD INJURY ACT UP. I WILL MAKE THE APPOINTMENT NEXT WEEK. GOOD NEWS IS IT IS LESS PAINFUL AND I TOOK A NICE WALK EARLY TODAY. CAN'T WALK FAST , BUT ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.
    WW WANTS MAXIMUM WEIGHT FOR ME TO BE 141 SO I NEEDED A DOCTOR'S NOTE TO PUT MY GOAL AT 147. WHAT A BIG DEAL SHE MADE ABOUT GIVING ME THE NOTE. EXPLAINING BMI TO ME OVER AND OVER ,LIKE I WAS AN IDIOT. I KNOW ALL ABOUT THEIR CHARTS AND BMI. I WANT WHAT I WANT. THERE ARE LOTS OF DISAGREEMENTS OUT THERE AS TO HOW MUCH WE SHOULD WEIGH FOR OUR HEIGHT. MY FEELING IS AFTER BEING SO HEAVY (264) AND MY
    AGE (65). I CAN MAINTAIN 147. GOING LOWER WILL HAVE ME EATING TOO FEW CALORIES. THE CHARTS DON'T TAKE AGE AND PAST WEIGHT INTO CONSIDERATION. FINALLY SHE DID IT. I REMINDED HER THAT IT WAS MY LIFE AND I SHOULD KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR ME AND WHAT I CAN HANDLE.

EVERYONE HAVE A HAPPY HEALTHY SATURDAY, THINK POSITIVE AND "JUST DO IT"
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

ANNE
  • stamps4fun
    stamps4fun Posts: 33
    Options
    welcome to the new gals. i wish you luck and will power!
    I lost 5 pounds this week , an astonishing thing!
    i was so excited as this week i have had several opportunities where i didn't cook the food and
    had to eat as sensibly as possible.

my measurements didn't change much if at all but i'll take the pounds off. any form of progress is wonderful!

we saw our youngest daughter yesterday and today i get to see another son and his wife
    and our daughter and the grandkids! yeah!

have another good week, coming up!
    martha
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :smile: good morning to all and how are you s doing this morning.. 7:a.m. here now i am heading to work for two hrs and than back home to see if i may be able to pick some of the weeds that have taken over ..

anne i love the weekend thought when i was getting up i was thinking what may i set up to do this weekend i have a step board and so my weekend goal is when ever i am just standing there or think i am going to set down that i would step on the board and long in how long i was on.. that will be a good weekend goal to have on monday.. and my water... i hope everything will be fine with your foot..

martha good with the weight lost.... my ticker is now going to right and not seeing the left..it took a long time have a nice visit with the family... i have lots of grandchildren here this weekend ,,

ok everyone have a blessed morning.. may you all have a goodwork with what you are doing.. does anyone do what i hear sometimes call cheat days or do yous just have something extra now and than... i read other sites sometimes and i have read were they do six days good and than have a day and eat not good .. i don't get were that would work.. ok off to work love debbie and family
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I did well eating out yesterday at a Barbeque restaurant. I actually only ate half of the pulled pork and sent the extra home with my mom! That really helped keep my calories down.

Now, what do I feed the family for the day? Time to look in the freezer!

Have a successful day, everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • Patsigirl
    Patsigirl Posts: 16
    Options
    Good morning, yesterday I was treated to a birthday dinner and for the first time, didn't go overboard. I had a 6 oz steak, salad, dressing on the side, and steamed vegetables. It was outstanding! Going into my 2nd week of South Beach and so far, so good. For once, I don't feel a lack of confidence in myself

229395.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

By the way, this is Chattanooga, TN, with Lookout Mtn. in the distance, the TN River, and the TN Aquarium.
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    I HAVE TO SEE A SURGEON ABOUT MY FOOT. MY DOCTOR DOES NOT THINK IT IS GOING TO GET BETTER THIS TIME. BANGING IT MADE AN OLD INJURY ACT UP. I WILL MAKE THE APPOINTMENT NEXT WEEK. GOOD NEWS IS IT IS LESS PAINFUL AND I TOOK A NICE WALK EARLY TODAY. CAN'T WALK FAST , BUT ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.
    WW WANTS MAXIMUM WEIGHT FOR ME TO BE 141 SO I NEEDED A DOCTOR'S NOTE TO PUT MY GOAL AT 147. WHAT A BIG DEAL SHE MADE ABOUT GIVING ME THE NOTE. EXPLAINING BMI TO ME OVER AND OVER ,LIKE I WAS AN IDIOT. I KNOW ALL ABOUT THEIR CHARTS AND BMI. I WANT WHAT I WANT. THERE ARE LOTS OF DISAGREEMENTS OUT THERE AS TO HOW MUCH WE SHOULD WEIGH FOR OUR HEIGHT. MY FEELING IS AFTER BEING SO HEAVY (264) AND MY
    AGE (65). I CAN MAINTAIN 147. GOING LOWER WILL HAVE ME EATING TOO FEW CALORIES. THE CHARTS DON'T TAKE AGE AND PAST WEIGHT INTO CONSIDERATION. FINALLY SHE DID IT. I REMINDED HER THAT IT WAS MY LIFE AND I SHOULD KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR ME AND WHAT I CAN HANDLE.

EVERYONE HAVE A HAPPY HEALTHY SATURDAY, THINK POSITIVE AND "JUST DO IT"
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

ANNE
    [/quote]

Anne, Good for you, sticking to your guns. You are sooo right! Do hope/pray your foot improves. You have been such an encouragement to so many. Our PRO !!

I am wavering just below 200, and dismissing the thoughts that I may never get past this stage. Keep on keeping on, right?

My hubby pulled a muscle in his back and needs to recupe over the weekend. Too bad, it means he won't get to be with his kids and families for Father's Day. I'll try to make it special for him.

Ellen
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    :drinker: water break i like everyone to meet my grandson steven he is three.. will we had a busy morning here we just came back from the landry mat the sun came out for a few so we were walking around the parking lot while wanting for the clothes to wash now we are home and drying them witch is ok cause the driver is down stairs so now i do my stair walks. this after we are going to the libray and the y raining this afternoon ok hope everyone is having a good day my hubby put his candy in another draw and is going to make sure it stays out of site for me he was laughing though. out of site out of my hands.... ok have a nice afternoon love debbie and family

Sweet little boy, Debbie. You can see our youngest grandson on my profile page.
    I see we have about the same amount of weight to lose. Have to encourage one another.
    My doc tells me not to drink too much water as I have to take water pills and he says it negates the effect. Just have to cut the cals and get more active I guess. Anyway I have already lost more than 45lbs over the past few years so I am encouraged.
    Ellen
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hi All:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm so motivated today. I got my ipod going and just don't want to stop. Went to the gym at 8:30 this morning left around 10:00 I did not want to leave there either.

Sounds like everyone is motivated also. Just what we need.

The SUN IS SHINING Yea!!!! Don't know how long but I'll take it.

:flowerforyou: Anne take care of the foot.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

To all have a great day and stay active. :flowerforyou: