decided I dont want to die

Options

Replies

• reddog101
    Options
    AttaBoy - you're off to a good start. I've been on MFP for 7 months and I think it is the best kind of "dieting" I've ever done. I stick (mostly) to the calories that MFP gives me. Have lost 49 lbs in 7 months. I still have a lot I want to lose, but I think this time I can do it. My food log would probably still scare some folks, but its a lot healthier than it was. If I really want something, I let myself have it - I just have to work it into my calories. And it's not as much as I used to eat of it, but I enjoy it. And I haven't been suffering - I can do this.
    Logging your food keeps you responsible. Good Luck!
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    I've been keeping an eye on this thread and this is what makes this site so special, we are all in this for the same result! No matter the shape or size we start at we are all doing this together and this is why I truly believe that we CAN all make a success of this!!

Awesome, support, awesome encouragement but most of all... awesome people!!!
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    LH,
    You have come to the right place, welcome to OUR journey. Enjoy.
  • 7mariposa
    Options
    Hey, saw your post. I am rooting for you! I am new on here to and just got into the process of losing weight and eating healthy. Just be patient with yourself. It took you a long time to get where you are and it's going be a process of getting to where you want to go. That's what I tell myself, when the numbers don't change on the scale as fast as I want them to. You can do it!!:smile:
  • karenkay25
    karenkay25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The first step is always the hardest and you already did that. YOU can do this. Keep on posting, we are all here for you.:flowerforyou:
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I just want to hug you. You've made the right steps in changing your life. Take one day at a time. It gets easier each day. The pounds will start to come off, clothing sizes get smaller, you get stronger physically and emotionally and the road gets smoother. Hang in there, never give up, time marches on and soon you will be a whole new person.

Like you, I didn't want to die and I knew if I didn't change my ways I was digging my own early grave. Feel free to add me as a buddy. I'm a good support person.
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    God bless you. You can do this!

One meal at a time.
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    Welcome!

As a fellow trucker I know how hard it can be to combine the job with a healthy lifestyle. You've made the first step, which is always the hardest. I'm sending a friend request to you, perhaps we can give each other some decent tips!

Me, too!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first big step...you know you need to change. You want to change. You've come here.

There are many people here that have lost hundreds of pounds...you're certainly not alone. Seek those people out. Ask questions. Learn. Reprogram your brain. Incorporate exercise when you can.

Make friends, get and give support. Do it the healthy way...please don't look to gimmicks or fads. Use a calorie reduction and exercise. Stick with it and you'll be amazed at what you can do. :drinker:
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, so glad you decided to join. We are all here for much needed support and motivation. You are not alone in this journey. Get as many friends on here as you want, they are wonderful people and so supportive. Congratulations on taking this first step. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    WHOOO HOOO...Welcome. ..So glad you are on here....All I can say right now is: At first, no matter how bad you want to quit, don't....the cravings are enough to drive you batty but it gets easier. and finally WATER WATER WATER WATER.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others... congrats on making your first step.... It's not an easy journey, but if it's something you really desire, then it is more than worth it... while I don't weigh nearly as much as some people who come here, I am considered Obese (level 1)... and I looked at my mother and my father in law and saw their table full of pills for various illnesses and ailments, I didn't want that... I didn't want to fall in that trap. I don't want that for my daughter either.... and boy will she have a double whammy with the weight issues on both sides.

So cheers! :drinker: And don't give up. There are going to be days where you think you failed.... but the only failure is giving up.... because right now, right where you are, you are ahead of many other people in the same spot as a lot of us.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm SO glad you posted an introduction so we can get to know you a little bit and help you with the challenges you're facing. There are so many amazing people here ready to support you every step of the way - me included! (Okay, I'm not sure how amazing I am but I want to help you as you work on YOU.) :wink:

Always remember: You are worth it!
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on this decision. It is in you to succeed and just remember that if you fall of the wagon, it's not the end. Just a bump in the road to your healthier life. Get back on that wagon and keep your spirits up! If you need a friend, feel free to add me!
  • La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    We're all here to take the long haul journey witgh you. Each of us has or issues, that's why we're here. Some days are better than others for me but I also want to live a long HEALTHY life. 8lbs in 10 days is an AWESOME start. Let's continue to shed these pounds together!!!
  • Suella62
    Suella62 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing the first 8lbs & for starting here on MFP!

I have stayed at my goal weight for almost 10 years, and I use MFP to help me stay on track & maintain my goal weight. It's very helpful :)

I do attend a weight loss support group every week called TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). There are clubs all over the US & Canada - as well as some in other countries. If you find you need face-to-face support, the TOPS folks are very supportive as well. Here's their website - they have a lot of tips for lifestyle changes as well: www.tops.org

Good luck on this long haul :) and remember when you run into a detour on this journey, it's only a detour & you can get right back on the road once the detour is over :)

Take care & all the best! Add me as a friend if you'd like :)

Good luck!!
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good luck .... MFP is an amazing resource and can help you on your journey.
  • AndreaG170
    AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're off to a great start. I've found that this website is a great place to gain confidence and get encouragement. Diets don't work for lots of people, but if you log in here daily and keep track of everything, I don't have any doubts that you will succeed in your goals. You can already see what a great community there is here to support you and help you along the way.

Good luck and keep up the hard work!
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You have already been very brave in facing into it and again brave in telling your story here. Many of the rest of us are in if for the long haul too and are at various steps on the long road. I had maybe 220 to lose when I started; as you can see I am about half way now. I too bust a knee last March; I ripped the right quad off at the patella tendon, so I have an understanding of what it's like to be immobile. There is lots of love and support and a large dose of humour (essential, I might add) on these pages - lean on us as you get lean. Good luck and here's to seeing you make great progress. Add me too if you wish.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place buddy. Stick around the fun here has just begun and this site and the people on it will have you addicted to the site and the lifestyle change. You got this and we want you to live as well.

Good Luck and Nice to meet ya.