Options

Replies

• Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • stephet92
    Options
    Well befriend some of the guys and then see if they will help spot you. Mos tof the time guys are willing to help. I always ask guys to help me and usually they are willing to help.
  • oOTeresaOo
    oOTeresaOo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Omg i am so that person! when i see someone in good shape working out it makes me push harder!!
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    Im pretty sure Im the creapy girl, I am a newbe at the gym and Im a born and raised "people watcher" I used to live in a small city and I would sit on my window cille and just watch people all the time. Somthing about people just intrest me so much Lol. At the gym I try REALLY hard to focus on whatever Im doing, and watch the TV but I catch myself every now and than glancing around to see what others are watching or doing, or how they are doing it.
    In high school I was the chick with no friends, but knew everyones EVERYTHING. all from watching, and listening and never saying a word. Lol
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    funny to hear them grunt! That is pretty creepy sometimes

lol, I let out some minor grunts the other day doing 300 lbs. on the Leg Press Machine :)

I have caught myself giving the "keep going" talk to myself while running...out loud. Didn't notice until that dude that has the treadmill on high and has to keep holding onto the sides was looking at *me* funny.

I also cuss at the seconds for passing too slow.

:D
  • oOTeresaOo
    Options

4. The girl that sits on a machine and texts and doesn't do anything while I'm able to do 4 sets on something else.

Maybe she's logging her workouts on MFP :wink:

OMG i do this!
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    Not a chick...but a dude.

Sometimes he rides the cycle that's right behind me. He makes SO much noise. During one class, he yelled so loud that the instructors stopped to make sure he was ok. And the rest of the class turned around as well. I get that you're working hard and you have some energy to let out but damn...keep it down!
  • ancook02
    ancook02 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was in the changing room the other day talking to my friend while we were getting ready to leave. This older lady... 60ish maybe... came up to us and started quizzing us on "down below" waxing. She wanted to surprise her husband. It was creepy but funny.... I'm a little worried about the husband however. He may have a heart attack. Lol.
  • imdelishus
    imdelishus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i am guilty of being creepy chick but i'm not actually checking dudes out i'm checking out how they lift!! I want to be on the weight side so bad and can't get anyone to go with me to spot or show me how to use the equipment.....I'm envious !!!

I've often felt the same way. What I started doing was going over to someone who obviously knows what they're doing and ask them questions: What is that exercise/weight good for (what muscle group does it benefit)? How long have they been doing that? I tell them I've always wanted to try the weights but never knew the right way to do them. You'd be surprised how many guys are willing to tell you what they know and show you how to do it correctly. Don't be shy! If you're really interested and they see you're taking their advice, the next time you're there they will be more willing to show you how to work another set of weights.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    One night after my swim and shower I was at the locker getting ready to go home. I have long hair and it was wet. I was brushing it out with a brush. A woman that I've seen at the gym but don't know told me that I should not be using a brush on my hair because I could damage it. I told her I know that but it's all I had with me. Next thing I know she came up behind me and started combing my hair with her own comb. I jumped back and she asked (in an offended voice) 'what, you don't like to be pampered."

Um no, I don't like strangers combing my hair in a locker room.
  • PansyPansyowsy
    Options
    there's one at my gym...she wears bra tops and hot pants with HD make up and full smoky eyes makeup + false lashes, jog on the treadmill and flings her hair as if she were on mtv ...guys might find that hot but i suppose false lashes just dont really go well with the treadmill?! and it is distracting!!!
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!
    There's this one chick who's absolutely gorgeous, with a fantastic figure, wears low rise capris and a sports bra, who works out really hard lifting and running... and there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of that, but her hair NEVER gets messy! It's like beauty pageant hair, no matter if she just walked in the gym or is on her way out.

I'm convinced she's not really human.
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i'm not actually checking dudes out i'm checking out how they lift!! I want to be on the weight side so bad and can't get anyone to go with me to spot or show me how to use the equipment.....I'm envious !!!

I agree. I glance over occasionally and think damn he is strong. I hope I can do that some day .
    My son lifts often and is a trainer, he loves to talk to others about what he is doing and also doesn't mind helping others who want to lift as well. I suggest that you take the initiative and go talk to them, you may get into the group because they are always looking for spotters.
    ^Both of these. I tend to think that I'm doing a certain exercise right, but often double check by watching the guys who have thrice the experience as me.... and sometimes I watch and kinda dream to one day be able to lift near the amount they are lifting. Funny how they make it look so easy.
  • oOTeresaOo
    Options
    ok u beat em all!!!

I had a girl who usually went on the same days as me. We would talk while there and we are about he same age so I thought I had made a new friend possibly. That was until she told me I'm her boyfriends type and she'd love for me to meet him with the possibility of a 3 way. I obviously said no. And things were fine afterward. Until she had the husband come in to meet me. From then on out I would ignore her and she would beg me to reconsider. I had to switch gyms,
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    One night after my swim and shower I was at the locker getting ready to go home. I have long hair and it was wet. I was brushing it out with a brush. A woman that I've seen at the gym but don't know told me that I should not be using a brush on my hair because I could damage it. I told her I know that but it's all I had with me. Next thing I know she came up behind me and started combing my hair with her own comb. I jumped back and she asked (in an offended voice) 'what, you don't like to be pampered."

Yeah, okay that's just freaky. You were right to jump away, I think I'd run. Yuck.
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    I don't know about creepy chicks other than the old ones with tube socks up to their knees but some of the older EXTREMELY hairy older men sweating like crazy is just gross
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

OMG! You just reminded me of when the instructor for the "Mommy and Me" baby swimming class waded over and started rubbbing my shoulders! I almost let go of my baby in the pool, she startled me so. I'd successfully blocked that out, until now...
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I don't know about creepy chicks other than the old ones with tube socks up to their knees but some of the older EXTREMELY hairy older men sweating like crazy is just gross

Just keep in mind that's us in a few years :P
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Is being a " Creep " wrong ??????? Hmmmmmmm ! LOL ! :huh: