decided I dont want to die

Options

Replies

• crystale0143
    crystale0143 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Brought tears to my eyes...It's amazing to me how easy it is to gain the weight but so unreasonable hard to lose it. Good job on taking the first step! NO...you DON'T want to die. SO hang in there and keep up the good work. Remember small healthy meals throughout the day seems to keep your metabolism going hard so you lose weight alot faster than if you only eat three big meals a day. I speak from experience because before I got pregnant I lost almost 100 lbs in less that 6 months by eating every 2-3 hours high protein foods. I also started working out my second month in so that helped. But baby steps ok...just making eating habit changes first and take the exercise "step" when you feel you can. HUGS
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well done on commiting to a new lifestyle!
    This place is great for encouragement in the goos and bad times, I found that one thing that is really helping me is to log everything that you eat, I have an iPhone and have the MFP on that and as I always have it with me I have no excuse to not log things or find out how many calories are in something I want to eat.
    Anyway, one day at a time, you will get there!!
  • 44nFab
    44nFab Posts: 19
    Options
    Take time to visualize yourself at your goal weight...really see yourself there in that chair with arms and on that roller coaster, feeling the joy of it. It only takes a few minutes a day, but by doing this your subconcious will help you by leading you to make the choices you need to get there.

It helps me to tell myself too that I am better today than yesterday, and I'll be even better tomorrow than I am today if I stick with it. I may not always see the changes in the mirror or on the scales, but I know they ARE occurring inside and will eventually manifest outwardly. Junk in, junk out. Quality in, quality out.

Believe it and you WILL achieve it!
  • Shei0307
    Options
    Excellent decision to turn your life around. YOU can do it and will make it. Take it one day/one pound at a time. One pound loss is a victory in itself. Best of luck in your journey towards good health!
  • mamatoboys6219
    mamatoboys6219 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is the best site for encouragement and positivity. When you are feeling down, there is always someone to lift you up. When you are feeling lazy, there is someone to encourage you. You will meet some of the best people on here...and know what? WE are ALL in the same boat you are. We all want to be healthier no matter what our goals are. We know how it feels to want to change, and feel like giving up at the same time. We are here for you, dont give up and take one day at a time. If you fail once, get back on the horse the next day. Dont give up! We are here for you, you are making the best decision getting on here and making friends, asking for encouragement and trying. Keep trying!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Very touching story, you are in my prayers. You have taken a very important step in living a long and healthier life. CONGRATS!!!
  • scrivpat
    scrivpat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy is not a diet so dont think of it as one. Take every day as it comes some good some bad .But the the good must always outway the bad. Use this site every day log every scrap of foood ( even the bad days). And dont leave anything out.

Start with gentle exercise and slowly work your way up and log it all you must be able to track your progress.
    You will surprise yourself just how much you can do with time effort and will power.

Be prepared for the weight loss to slow down after the enitial two to three weeks. You need to aim for two to three pound a week.
    And never starve yourself this will never burn fat. Stay in control of all the key factors ie - food, excersise, and emotions.

Keep a possitive out look even when it is getting you down and think to yourself another week down another two pound gone.
    Four weeks eight pound thats over HALF A STONE!.
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    Hey there,

Your story really made me think and got me teary eyed. You're off to a great start with losing 8lbs... I'm about to do my dance workout, I need to burn some calories right now. I know what it is like to be so overweight and not wanna die from being so obese. I dislocated my patella back in 2007 when I was at the state fair... I was so devastated when the EMT call into the hospital and said we have a mobese(morbidly obese) patient in route. I lost 50lbs last summer and I gained it all back and then some.. I'm motivated and determined to get this weight off and keep it off, I can't keep living this way... It's too much! Add me people, I'm here for anyone who needs it and I'd like support as well..

Regards,
    Michelle
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Your story is touching and instantly brought to mind another MFP friend of mine who is an amazing inspiration and a wonderful, kind hearted man. I sent him a message with your username and a link to this thread.

I'll send you a friend invite as well. Congratulations on making the decision to get healthy. You can do this!! And we'll all be here to help and support you along the way.

All the best!

April
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    This reminded me of why I started. I had one of those moments when the Dr told me that I had the wort case of sleep apnea that he had ever seen and that i needed to control my weight or it would kill me. almost drove my wife away from being lazy and not taking care of myself. I was motivated but lost it when I finished school and got a good job, started slacking and not caring about my health again because I figured I was too busy to keep up on my workout and let the diet slip too.

You sir have inspired me to get serious again. thank you
  • NBB33
    NBB33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't imagined how hard it could be and how difficult it must be for you, but all I can say is hang in there ! When you are fed up with trying to diet, exercice and the positive attitude come by and there would certainly be someone here to give you the cheer you need.
    You already lost 8 pounds, be pround of it. One pound at a time will take you to your goal.
    Thank you for sharing your story, we are all here for different reasons, but we all need the inspiration once in a while.
    Good luck and best of all to you.
    NBB ;o)
  • kaileysgran
    Options
    This is a wonderful site with so many good people that will help and encourage you along the way. You have made the most important step already by realizing you need help. We are here to help. Feel free to add me as a friend and I will encourage you along the way. God bless you in your journey!
  • sandyesposito
    Options
    Hello LH--I am new to this "stuff" too. I am trying to change my eating (bad)habits and lose weight in order to feel better in my own body and hopefully have less pain. You are not alone! You have taken a 1st step to reach out and connect with others who may be walking along the same path as you. Just wanting to change something as personal as your body image and sharing that goal, is huge! Congratulations to you ! Here's to "all of us" who are struggling with this goal. Thank-you for your thoughts today.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Like others have said- don't think of it as just another diet that may or may not fail. Instead, think of it as a life change. From now on, you will eat X instead of Y, and less of it. You'll be spending a little more time planning and preparing your meals, more time moving about. And not just for a set period, these habits will form the rest of your life- which will now be much longer!

You'll love it, and a quick search of these forums will answer any food / exercise questions you have. Take it slow at first, and keep us updated xx
  • 1234567kate9
    Options
    I wish you all the best, this is the best decision you will make in your life!! GOOD LUCK and keep at it!
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hello Longhaul,
    Thank you for your post. It does take courage and faith to reach out to others to help in your time of need. We are all in this together at some level. You did not find this site by a "fluke". I believe all things work together for your (our) good. It is imperitive that you educate yourself on food and portion sizes. I would recommend that you find a nutritionist to work with you. Also, I don't know how your sleep patterns are, but good sleep will help in your journey. You may want to be tested for sleep apnea.
    Some good reading on some expectations of weight loss...Go to Groups, type in "Unofficial MFP" in the search box and look for the "Expectations of Weight Loss" topic. Be prepared that this will not be easy...It will absolutely be one of the hardest things you will have ever done. But also know that this is doable. You have a lot of support here. We are behind you, cheering you on. You are worth every effort you invest in yourself. Life is worth living and living to the fullest. Stay strong, stay determined!
    Feel free to "friend" me and I look forward to your success!!
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Keep it up and take it slow. Congrats on losing 8 pounds already. We're all here to support you!
  • jennie77au
    Options
    Hi LH,

Like people above have said congratulations on taking the first step. It IS hard, I'll be the first to admit that. I've only just started my journey too and I'm fully aware how difficult the first few weeks are.

I've had a HUGE slip ups the last couple of days, usually I get discouraged and think 'stuff it', but today I'm starting afresh. I have completely changed my lifestyle over the last few weeks and it's taking some getting used to but I'm determined I'll do it.

I even plan on giving up smoking on March 1 this year so I'll probably need to vent myself in the forums too.

Good luck on your journey and if you ever need to chat, I'll be here :)
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    You won't die. Because you care about yourself enough to make this first step.

Do you have Netflix? They have a free 30 day trial, so you should get it and watch Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. It is a documentary about how 2 overweight men changed their life by losing weight. The reason I thought you would like it is because one of them is a trucker. (WAS a trucker, I think now he is a spokesperson for juicing) The way they did it is by juicing, which is explained in the doc, and that's not for everyone, but it is still inspiring. You may even want to get in touch with the guy, he may be a big supporter for you. Good luck.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Some may have called me obsessed, but I invested a small amount of my already busy time in the last year in getting healthier otherwise I would have died MUCH sooner. My doctor says I have added 15 years now, so that is a 1400% RETURN ! 1-2 hours per day in planning, tracking - even if it is 10% of your day, rather than the entire day - it is a 14900% return !

I am 47 and was over 300lb at my heaviest. Obese and unfit as long as I can remember.

My inspiration was a video from http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/

Not preaching anything here other than - YOU CAN DO IT - work around your Limitations, get out from Under your Circumstances, OWN the moment as if it may be your last investment in yourself.

My first few months I did alone and lost 22lb. I struggled and found MFP ... counting calories and the support I get from MY AWESOME FITNESS PALS really helped.

I am now at goal weight, now I have a goal life !

Invest in yourself - the returns will be better for you and for others !