decided I dont want to die

Options

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step (which I think is the biggest and hardest one to take!) - you've admitted you need to change your life. Now, you can do this! Will it be easy? No way. Will it be worth it? Absolutely!

Just remember: you didn't gain the weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight. It will take time, patience, and determination to do it. But, you CAN do it!

Don't look at this as a "diet". Look at it as a lifestyle change. "Diets" fail. Lifestyle changes do not. Learn about portion sizes. Read labels. Start off with any kind of exercise your body will tolerate (even if it is simply walking around the block). You don't have to give up everything you enjoy - learn to consume it in moderation (and I bet you'll be shocked to find out that as you get healthier, your body won't want some of the "bad" stuff as much anymore!).

Good Luck.
  • SinfulMe
    Options
    it is a roller coaster. my rolls are not like yours, but we all go through the same mental anguish of giving up and for all the wrong reasons abusing our beautiful bodies even worse than before. you are not alone here... so just remember it is one day at a time. i'd look into leptin diet guidelines for diabetics as it offers good variety and cuts out all the ****. I am not saying to stay on this for life, but try it for 5 out of 7 days a week... those other two, just be you in moderation. this is what I am finding works for me... i'll never be perfect, but i do want results. glad you're here fighting!
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    We are here for you, you are not alone. thank you for posting this and I will encourage you I know you can do this, it's a long journey ahead of you but keep your eyes at the finish line not of how long you have to go to reach it. ♥♥♥ with that said come on let's do this!!!! and congrats you already are losing weight keep going. go go go go go.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    The very hardest step is the first one!

Welcome to MFP!

If you're willing to work hard, eat right, exercise ( and you'll need to! ) then I FIRMLY BELIEVE that you can accomplish this! You CAN DO IT!
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am only 20, about to be 21, but I have struggled with weight my entire life! I'm 5'2" and weight 230lbs. I am way over weight, and I have a knee replacement and a limb salvage surgery so it is a struggle. Start out slow. Don't over due yourself bc you could end up injuring yourself and that would just set you back more. Go slowly. It's better to go slow than go fast, lose a lot, then get hurt or get so worn out that you can't do anything for a month. Don't just deprive yourself of your favorite things. That will make you wanna quit the change you are making. you have to make a new habit, and that has to form slowly and over time. Eat one of your favorite things once or twice a week but make sure it is a reasonable proportion. Do exercising so you can eat a little more if you notice you are feeling hungry, try drinking water first and see if that fixes the problem. Sometimes when you think you are hungry, you are really just thirsty and need water. Stick with it! You can do it. I'm in for the long hail too! I'm so tired of being that "fat" person that I always see in the mirror. I wanna be the girl I think about in my mind. If you really want this change, then you can do it! :D I have faith in you! :)
  • Tangy1966
    Tangy1966 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    You're not alone here...lots of support if you want it. The main thing is to LOVE yourself in the
    process and be kind with how you treat your body from here on in. You can do this.
    The past is the past, everyday is a New Day to start over and do better than the last.
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    You have a great support team here on MFP. Great job so far on the start of your journey. You can do this. Lee is a great person and I know he will keep u inspired and motivated. I have sent u a friend request. Keep up the great work and don't give up. Take it one step at a time and one day at a time.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Good on you for making the change... this will be one thing you definitely don't regret doing!

Choosing life over food is definitely the best decision to make - and it can be enjoyable on the way. There are always lower calorie ways to make your favourite foods, and it's fun trying them out. I'd check out the recipes thread - people have some absolutely fabulous meal ideas :)

Good luck and good on ya! :)
  • poodlehepler
    poodlehepler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step.You are on the right track..............it will be hard but keeping chugging along and it will work.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    It can be done, and this is a good first step. Stay strong!
    14007505.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best on your weight loss/life change journey. You've make the first step and that's acknowledging that something has to change. You're ready and we're here for you.
  • scicco
    scicco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Are you feeling the love? Lots of people here to help support you. You are amazing, taking the first step is the hardest and you've done it! Just remember we all have days we fall off the wagon but you have to jump back on when that happens. No blame, no guilt just perserverance and dedication.
    You'll get there one step, one day, one meal at a time
    Good luck!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    My friend, I'm living proof this site work!!!! I too started out over 600lbs when I joined here last March(665lbs). With the help of this site & its wonderful people, I've lost nearly 270lbs in less than a year. No surgery, no magic pills, or crazy diets....just logging my food & exercises. The support on this site from my mfp friends has also been paramount to my success. I'm sending you a friend request & will be glad to support you on your journey. Just know that you can do this! Stay strong & fight the good fight.:drinker:
  • Lucinda1013
    Lucinda1013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    good luck....feel free to add me :smile:
  • linb99
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. It may seem that you have a long way to go, but just think: you dont have to lose those 8pounds! It's an old and corny saying but true: a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single footstep. You've taken that first step and you're on your way. There will be some days that you'll become discouraged and think you'll never make your goal but you will. AA's famous saying is one day at a time. Sometimes you have to take it one minute at a time. Dont think of yourself as losing weight but of gaining health. NEVER GIVE UP! Your "pals" are here for you and i will add you to my prayers that God give you strength and peace of mind. BEST WISHES TO YOU ALWAYS!!!
  • varner5
    Options
    Longhual I was a OTR for 14 yrs so I know what you are talking about......I started working out about 3 weeks ago, I found that the town I live in has a REC Center and I love the place.....You might want to check into something like that.....If you ever need any help just send me a message.........

Jim
  • tammi42
    tammi42 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would love to support you if you would like to add me. :)
  • 2012newbie
    2012newbie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Lh, You can add me to your buddy list, I'd be glad to give and receive encouragement from anyone. I have been trying and
    failing for a few years to get back on track, but it took a huge wakeup call of terrible lifethreatening bloodwork to jolt me into
    serious action. Sometimes those kind of jolts are exactly what we need. I understand getting hurt and sitting in a recliner.
    I did it myself, so totally get that. Keep sharing with others how you are feeling, it will help you to talk it out. I'm trying to
    do that myself. It's hard cause I tend to keep things to myself. I'm lowcarbing, I have diabetes and other issues, and this
    is what I need to do for my situation, plus it works for me. Since November I've lost about 38 lbs, 28 of it since January 2,
    so I'm taking it very seriously now. Like you, I want to LIVE. God Bless! Anyone who needs encouragement, feel free to
    add me. I'm pretty new here myself, found this website I think Jan 1st or 2nd and haven't missed a day logging my food,
    and it really helps to do that.
  • shalwilson34
    shalwilson34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision to change your life! "Myfitnesspal" will be a great resource for you. I have found a ton of great recipes on the "community" tab. I have found that watching my calories has taught me how much to eat and before I knew it, I wasn't over eating anymore and the weight is falling off. :) Visualize what you want to look like and GO FOR IT! You can do this. Good luck.

14448865.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools