Negativity....I literally want to strangle someone!!

Options
You know what. People piss me off!!

I posted the below photo on my Facebook (yeahhh showing off I know) ... and I get some ****ty comments!

me-1.jpg

'Its amazing what you can do on photoshop these days' HONESTLY - can someone not just lose weight and muscle up a bit and it be natural?

ALSO I was reading a thread on here with motivational photos - and there was one that said 'Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...' so I put that as my status - and I get 'Oh, posting anorexic slogans now are we' I am FARRR from anorexic.

People need to be educated.

Rant Over!! (sorry guys!!)

Replies

• Sweeterescape
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!! All of those people are JEALOUS!

Stick to MFP rather than Facebook, we all know what it's like and we're here to support! Great job and feel free to show off...you deserve it! Rock that dress!!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Man I wish I looked as good as you! Don't let them get to you, they're just jealous!
  • Linalaila
    Options
    Haha I'd say someone is green eyed. That's my take on this. Well done by the way!

Laila
  • hebbby
    hebbby Posts: 70
    Options
    Take it as a compliment. You look so good that someone thinks you altered the photo to look that way. You know it isn't photoshop you know it is the result of hard work!
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options

I posted the below photo on my Facebook (yeahhh showing off I know) ... and I get some ****ty comments!

me-1.jpg

'Its amazing what you can do on photoshop these days' HONESTLY - can someone not just lose weight and muscle up a bit and it be natural?

ALSO I was reading a thread on here with motivational photos - and there was one that said 'Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...' so I put that as my status - and I get 'Oh, posting anorexic slogans now are we' I am FARRR from anorexic.

Time to utilize that "unfriend" button.
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You look aammmaaazing! BUT "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" is a bit of an anorexic slogan. I have fallen down the thinspo rabbit hole on tumblr many times and it's one of the pro-ana battle cries. Also, the originator of that statement was Kate Moss.

ALSO I can think of like 500 different things that taste as good as skinny feels. Not even just chocolate and speculoos and mounds bars. What about blackberries? Carrots? all food all the time. I'm not trying to be negative, just pointing out that it does sound a bit extreme. I've lost weight by eating lots of good, healthy, delicious food, not by denying myself.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It's because you are SEXY and they are jealous!! Us MFP'ers appreciate the hard work it takes to accomplish goals!!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I've stopped going on facebook as much as I used to and am careful about what I put for my status. If you do anything about health and fitness someone will always try and knock you down. Ignore the catty comments, they're obviously jealous of your fabulous figure. You look amazing, well done x
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'd have perhaps put "Nothing tastes as good as SLIM feels", sounds better :)

But just ignore the b*tchy comments, and tbh, why are you friends with these people if they're the type that make these comments?! Who needs enemies with friends like that, eh? lol

Well done, you look great :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

me-1.jpg

Not being funny, but why are such people on your Facebook anyway? Delete them, they are being arses.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and far from anorexic! Congratulations and forget the losers- you're a winner!!
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You look great. Ignore the people who purposely choose to misinterpret just so they have something to say. I don't think your quote promotes anorexia. It is good to feel thin as long as thin isn't too thin. We all interpret things in different ways. Thin to one person means slim and well shaped to another. It is just a quote that I have seen many times before and doesn't cause offence (to me) unless it is backed with pictures/quotes of an anorexic nature. Well done on getting to where you are. You look amazing :happy:
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You look aammmaaazing! BUT "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" is a bit of an anorexic slogan. I have fallen down the thinspo rabbit hole on tumblr many times and it's one of the pro-ana battle cries. Also, the originator of that statement was Kate Moss.

ALSO I can think of like 500 different things that taste as good as skinny feels. Not even just chocolate and speculoos and mounds bars. What about blackberries? Carrots? all food all the time. I'm not trying to be negative, just pointing out that it does sound a bit extreme. I've lost weight by eating lots of good, healthy, delicious food, not by denying myself.

I don't deny myself anything! If I wanna eat it, Im gonna eat it (as long as I stay in my calories) People have told me that I am obsessive about it, but to be completely honest - If I didnt obsess about it - then how am I supposed to keep on track. If I did all of this half-hearted - I wouldn't have lost nearly 2 stone!

That saying tells me that if I am going to eat a big chocolate cake and keep eating it then I am not going to be thin. Which is bloody true! And I wont feel good. I feel better eating some stuff that isnt so 'satisfying' and looking the way I do!!

:-) x
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Options
    I'd have perhaps put "Nothing tastes as good as SLIM feels", sounds better :)

But just ignore the b*tchy comments, and tbh, why are you friends with these people if they're the type that make these comments?! Who needs enemies with friends like that, eh? lol

Well done, you look great :)

That does sound much better..good idea :D x
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    that is why I keep my facebook seperate from MFP. They are jealous of your hard work. You look amazing.
  • miamime
    Options
    You seriously look amazing though! Totally jealous :laugh: but as others have said clearly whoever said that on FB is too! I know it's hard when people don't appreciate how much hard work has gone into looking the way you look but once you remember that you're doing this for you and your health it should be easier to stay positive...(easier said than done I know) but good Luck!
  • raindropwishes
    Options

I agree - and same reason with the pro-ana stuff. I've heard nothing tastes as good as fit feels and that usually works better as it's not used in the pro-ana circles as far as I've seen.

YOU LOOK AMAZING! and the fact that they thought it was photoshop is proof of that :)
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Haters gonna hate!!!

They are just jeaslous cause they are to damn lazy to do the work you did! They just cant beleiove in their little minds someone could accomplish that without photoshop, drugs, etc.. These are the people that always take the easy road in life, in other words Losers!! because they will never understand that taking the hard path is always the right choice.

Great Job, keep showing off! You deserve it!!
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Options
    Thank you so much guys - I feel a lot better about it now :-)

I do understand that is does look a little pro-ana now (just because they aren't mfp'ers and so they don't see this motivational stuff all of the time) But I hope it is understood that I never meant it in that way!

xx
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    Thank you so much guys - I feel a lot better about it now :-)

I do understand that is does look a little pro-ana now (just because they aren't mfp'ers and so they don't see this motivational stuff all of the time) But I hope it is understood that I never meant it in that way!

xx

You know, people will often look at people who've lost weight and say oh bet they have an eating disorder, so they probably were just using what you said as a kind of proof of that. You've done amazingly well. Never mind them :)