Options

Replies

• YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    A major compliment for me :)
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i take it as a compliment and always say' thank you for the nice compliment '
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have a low self esteem so I would think they were full of *kitten*. I say thank you, and then wonder what in the hell they were trying to kiss up for.
    This
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    Ivi is attractive but she is from another state, doesnt work out that well for me. hah

Awwwwwww lol thank you Louis :blushing:
  • Luckldy31
    Luckldy31 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    attractive to me is like "well...you're not ugly..." but it's way better than "you have a lot of other things going for you..."
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've never really been complimented so it's hard for me to just accept it. It was usually jokes in school! But this past week has been strange, quite a few people talking to me and complimenting me. A guy came up to me at my work, gave me a card and said, "this is for you because you have a great smile, and you made my entire day so much better." The card included a thoughtfully written note, along with his name and number. Another customer at my work came up to me and asked if I was the model for the company. Unfortunately all the men that have complimented me have been far too old for me to call. If only I can attract those young fellows ;) But it would absolutely be a compliment!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    at·trac·tive
       [uh-trak-tiv]

adjective
    providing pleasure or delight, especially in appearance or manner; pleasing; charming; alluring: an attractive personality.

I would say based upon the definition of the word it is most definitely a compliment.
  • CSummers316
    Options
    Compliment, and then I would give them the pre-agreed to $25.... BAZINGA!!!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I've never really been complimented so it's hard for me to just accept it. It was usually jokes in school! But this past week has been strange, quite a few people talking to me and complimenting me. A guy came up to me at my work, gave me a card and said, "this is for you because you have a great smile, and you made my entire day so much better." The card included a thoughtfully written note, along with his name and number. Another customer at my work came up to me and asked if I was the model for the company. Unfortunately all the men that have complimented me have been far too old for me to call. If only I can attract those young fellows ;) But it would absolutely be a compliment!

You are stunning! I am not surprised you have been getting compliments...you deserve them!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Just on its own? Complement. Added to other stuff? I'll judge according to circumstances. Usually I try to take things as a complement, though, no use in overanalyzing them. :)
  • mariobrochill
    Options
    lol. oh yes! def take it as a compliment haha.
  • iamsam373
    Options
    Today one of my coworkers said that a customer was "attractive." He totally had the hots for her! I think its just not a term that people use as often these days. Definitely a compliment though.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be called attractive than hot. Contextually I think being called hot is kind of sexual, where attractive is much more conversational and polite if it is coming from a stranger. I am not comfortable with strangers coming on to me sexually.

I'd call it a win, though! :)
  • blueandigo
    Options
    Ask them to marry me.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a compliment! But somewhere deep inside I'd be wondering if they were just saying that.
    such honesty...... BUT you shouldn't wonder... you really are a beautiful girl :)
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I was always told I was ugly when I was growing up. By my mother, kids at school, etc, so I have a really hard time taking compliments.

So one of two things happen:
    a) I either get really embarrassed and mumble 'thanks' or make a joke, "oh you're just saying that!"

or

b) get really creeped out because a creepy drunk old guy is saying it.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question. But how can someone telling you that you're attractive not be a compliment?

I may question the judgement or taste of the person complimenting me, but never the sincerity.
  • AntoniaK89
    Options
    Absolutely a compliment! But somewhere deep inside I'd be wondering if they were just saying that.

Totally!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I would say I know, lol. And no I'm not conceited, I just love myself.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    All depends on who. Most the time, given my life, I wouldnt take it to serious. People dont really just walk up to you and say, you're attractive, at least not often