There are 2 kinds of people at the gym....

Options

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I sing out loud to my music sometimes.

I got weird looks when I sang all the words to "No Love" by Eminem and Lil' Wayne.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I run outdoors, so must have music! when at gym doing weights no music, no chating or even acknowledging people, lol: I'm there to workout then home!
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    usually music.. but i generally try to find a treadmill playing a good movie in front of me to take my mind off the time...
  • Calicot
    Calicot Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Usually music blaring...

An occasional chat here and there with people I see regularly just to say hi and nice job working out.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    when i run, i find myself mouthing the words to the songs. and when i run, i listen to very angry music!!!! i try so hard not to sing out loud.
    I sing out loud to my music sometimes.

I got weird looks when I sang all the words to "No Love" by Eminem and Lil' Wayne.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'm a talker! Somedays though, like today, there's only like one person I know. So it's nice and quiet!
  • kbee784
    Options
    I bring my ipod and it stays in my ears from the minute I leave the locker room until I go back in... I'm totally there to work and I do NOT bull**** :P I'm not there to socialize and I get some SERIOUS work done :P
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Neither. I don't listen to music @ the gym, I find it too distracting. But I don't chat either, I'll nod & smile or say hello but thats as far as it goes.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm only social in the group fitness class that's only because people want to make small talk before and after the class and can't seem to get my headphones back on fast enough. I don't make it look like I want to talk when I am on the floor, so I am the Ipod chick
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am totally a music girl, download tiesto's clublife podcast every week and that is my workout music. Blaring in my ears and its just me, my focus and the gym equipment. The music makes the workout- makes me feel great and sometimes just want to be skipping about the gym.

TUNAGE ALL THE WAY ;-))
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm not a GUY but I'm the social type. sometimes headphones in but no music. haha. always talking though WHILE working out.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am the music girl. I also try to stay focused so I hopefully do not run into my frenemy while I am at the gym. I have seen her several times there.
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Music all the way!! I do a lot running and I think it would be impossible for me to run without super loud music blasting!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    No Music, and I don't talk to people except to facilitate politeness.

I'm the "Drops Weights Guy" If you have a problem with it. You should address me personally.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    The one who has her music up so loudly that she doesn't notice anything going on around her. I NEED music!
  • habsfan802
    habsfan802 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    music up way loud and dont talk to me ... you wanna chit chat I will stay at home and do facebook or mfp ..lol dont bother me at the gym
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Iphone on my arm music up as loud as I can stand it,..and don't talk to me...I am there to DO WORK!!!!!! lol
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    "The people that either have there ipods in blaring and look like they have the eye of the tiger"

^^ this :wink:
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I AM A TALKER. I actually have the cell numbers for some of the employee's at my gym! ha ha!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I must be the mysterious 3rd type of person at the gym. I don't blare music into my ears and I don't talk to everyone... I just get on my machine, turn on the tv, work out, smile at everyone, and then go home...

lol, yes. I smile, but not creepy, and I don't need music, but I do prefer it. and I will talk to my friends as well. I guess I'm the 4th kind, I mix it up :)