My boyfriend is missing

Options

Replies

• Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    And I can't go look at him with the little one asleep...if the police don't contact me in an hour I'm calling my sister in law...she's a teacher so I really hate to wake her, but I don't know what else to do...

If you don't talk to them within that time, also call them back...I'm a 911 dispatcher and if you call the police and ask to speak to an officer, they cannot refuse you...it's your right to talk to someone and you can give them the veh desc, license plate, and his desc so they can keep an eye out...I would also call the hospitals to see if he might have checked himself in or was taken to the ER for any reason

Thank you, I think I'll call the hospitals, now.
  • Tenoreo90
    Options
    Why would you let him go if he's an alcoholic. I know you're stressed but honestly. If my bf was suicidal and an alcoholic I wouldn't let him go out to a bar or i'd atleast go with him

Trust me, I didn't want him to go. I tried to stop him. We also have a small child at home, I can't just get up and go with him.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Like the gentleman above said, call the hospitals and 911. I will be praying that everything turns out OK with you.
  • MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    Options
    Why would you let him go if he's an alcoholic. I know you're stressed but honestly. If my bf was suicidal and an alcoholic I wouldn't let him go out to a bar or i'd atleast go with him

Trust me, I didn't want him to go. I tried to stop him. We also have a small child at home, I can't just get up and go with him.

Why isn't he on antidepressants?
  • veepie
    veepie Posts: 103
    Options

She really doesnt need bashing at a time like this. If you dont have anything supportive to say, Dont say anything at all.

I hope you find him honey and have some peace of mind. I know this is a worrying time. Best wishes xx
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hoping everything turns out okay. Let us know when you find him.
  • scotslass
    Options

I wouldnt judge unless you have been in that situation...her hands are tied with a toddler invovlved
  • flopsy1973
    Options
    Phone the police. Hope you find him and he is ok .
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    could you not ask a family member to stay with your little one? I would wake them up and ask and be out there looking myself1

Its hard for you, but wiritting on here is not getting him found hunni. get someone to go with you, you know where he might have gone more than anyone else.

make sure to inform the police and the hospitals. I pray he comes home to you soon.

Have him check into the hospital on his return this is bad for him, for you and your little one.

XX
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options

He might be.....answering your damning questions isnt helping.....go blog somewhere else and let this girl find her BF.

prayers.x
  • Tenoreo90
    Options

As I said in another post, I have urged him myself along with his therapist to get them, but he kept putting it off. I can't make him do anything-he's a human being.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear about this, phone the police, hospitals, friends,family etc. see if anyone knows

i hope he comes back soon xxxx
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hope you find him safe and well! X
  • shortstuff189
    Options
    Really hope he turns up ok. Last thing needed right now is why would you do this, why that, nothing she can change about what's done now! Support would help I think! Thoughts are with you.
    Although, in my experience, often if they are talking about it it's one good step! If he was really considering it, nobody would know cause then people would stop him. I think he'll be ok. Hoping so too. XX
  • Tenoreo90
    Options
    Thank you all for your support...I've contacted the hospitals, he's not anywhere. Police haven't called me back though it's been 30 minutes. I'm going to call my SIL now...
  • shortstuff189
    Options

Leave her alone?!
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

You don't want to force a depressed, suicidal person to do anything...it'll make the situation worse...if she would've forced him to stay home then there's a possibility he might have done something at the house around the child and that is the last thing you want him to do
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    He's most likely on drink/drugs and will turn up later ok, but yeah - check with police + hospitals if you are worried. You can't force people to change, they have to do it themselves. I stopped this stuff when I woke up in a hospital bed. Good luck and hope it turns out ok.
  • Tenoreo90
    Options
    Called, she's on our way. Love that girl. :]
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Try Contacting the county jail. My brother went missing once and he had never been in trouble before. Sure enough he was there. Even though when we called the police they had no reports of him being arrested.
This discussion has been closed.