Drinking with Meals (Don’t do it.) From my Nutritionist

Options

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    This is why I only drink beer or wine with meals.

Or coffee with the first meal.

Everyone knows the only REAL drink with breakfast is a Mimosa, Tequila Sunrise, or Bloody Mary.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    What if my new tape worm was just ingested can I still drink water during my meal?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    What if my new tape worm was just ingested can I still drink water during my meal?

no you can only drink cat pee
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

The pregnant horse urine Ive been drinking then maybe the reason my last tape worm died?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

The pregnant horse urine Ive been drinking then maybe the reason my last tape worm died?

possibly, when it's pregnant horse urine you have to inject it...unless the ream of paper you have weighs more than the meal you are about to ingest....
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your willingness to share your dieticians views, however, I strongly disagree with them. I drink water all through my meal and after and it keeps me feeling fuller longer.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This thread is funny right from the first post.
  • Ang5669
    Ang5669 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    It is also IMPERATIVE that you NEVER eat red colored foods mixed with blue colored foods. They'll mix and spawn a virus that will kill all cute kittens on the planet. Please, think of the kitties.

129007889495023291.jpg

This made me spit water over my laptop screen, damn you!

Don't worry, OP. I'm not eating while I drink this water. In fact, I'm not drinking at all now, as it's all over my laptop screen.

Incidentally, I have 1,000,000,000 dollars sitting in my bank account that I've decided to give away to you. That's right, YOU! If you just wing me over your bank account details...
  • snaus70
    Options
    I was told by my doctor that I should try not drinking water within half an hour after eating to see if I absorb more nutrients if my digestive enzymes are less diluted (I take a load of supplements and eat healthily but my skin and nails always look malnourished and my blood tests showed that even my salt levels were too low!). I read what people had posted here from the Mayo clinic doctor, but having been recently misdiagnosed for a chronic condition, am a firm believer in what another poster wrote about doctors being able to find evidence to support their own opinions, whatever that might be. Adding water to your stomach resulting in diluted stomach enzymes only makes sense to me. Note, however, my doctor told me that this might help in my specific case, not as a general rule of thumb.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    From the Mayo Clinic:

Water after meals: Does it disturb digestion?

Does drinking water during or after a meal disturb digestion?

Answer

from Michael F. Picco, M.D.

There's no concern that water will dilute the digestive juices or interfere with digestion. In fact, drinking water during or after a meal can actually improve digestion. Water and other liquids help break down the food in your stomach and keep your digestive system on track. Looking for other ways to promote good digestion? Focus on a healthy lifestyle. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Maintain a healthy weight. Include physical activity in your daily routine.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/digestion/AN01776

OH YEAH???? Well what does this Mayo Clinic place know????:wink:
  • julie0506
    julie0506 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :LOL:smile:
  • ImaSongbird
    ImaSongbird Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This thread is funny right from the first post.
    Hey, maybe that was the point! Maybe the OP just wanted to give us all a laugh on a cloudy, gloomy Wednesday!!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    It is also IMPERATIVE that you NEVER eat red colored foods mixed with blue colored foods. They'll mix and spawn a virus that will kill all cute kittens on the planet. Please, think of the kitties.

Is that kind of like making a choice between the blue and red pill? What if you take both at the same time?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Is that kind of like making a choice between the blue and red pill? What if you take both at the same time?

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID!!!!! I wanted him to grab both, swallow, kick Morpheus in the chest and say 'what now...b****?'
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    From the Mayo Clinic:

Water after meals: Does it disturb digestion?

Does drinking water during or after a meal disturb digestion?

Answer

from Michael F. Picco, M.D.

There's no concern that water will dilute the digestive juices or interfere with digestion. In fact, drinking water during or after a meal can actually improve digestion. Water and other liquids help break down the food in your stomach and keep your digestive system on track. Looking for other ways to promote good digestion? Focus on a healthy lifestyle. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Maintain a healthy weight. Include physical activity in your daily routine.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/digestion/AN01776

OH YEAH???? Well what does this Mayo Clinic place know????:wink:

Everyone knows Miracle Whip is so much better then Mayo
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    It's true! I had bypass surgery 3yrs ago and I am not suppouse to drink anything 30min before, during or after I eat. Because it does make your food go through at a faster rate. Therefore making you hungery sooner that later

I used to do the psych evals for bariatric surgery, and I'm pretty sure the reason they have that no drinking fluids around mealtime is because the fluids will fill you up you won't be able to eat your meal because the stomach pouch is so small, and they want to avoid dumping syndrome. However this rule doesn't apply to people who haven't had the surgery...
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yes. We have all heard fill up on water, but how and when you do it is just as important.
    "Drinking a cup of cool water 15 to 20 minutes before your meal can make you feel full sooner."

BUT...Do not drink during meals or an hour afterwards… EVER.
    It will wash your small meals right through your stomach and leave you feeling hungry.
    However, drinking a cup of cool water 15 to 20 minutes before your meal can be a good thing. It can make you feel full sooner after you start to eat.
    I hate sound immature.

LOL WAT?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If that were true, wouldn't things like soup and cereal that contain a lot of water be bad foods to eat? Foods like broccoli and watermelon that have a high water content, should we skip those?
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

129007889495023291.jpg

No! Not the kitties!!!!