What crowd were u w/ in school :-? Jock, punk, misfit, nerd?

Options
I was def a class clown crossed w/ antisocial misfit, then i wised up in High School and became a Social Clown :D

At some point i think we were all linked or synonymous w/ some groups or crowds.

I suppose some are still in school, or persuing college.

Tho thinking back, ive changed so much since school, despite be 21, the change is drastic.

So out of sheer curiosity, what groups were u in?

Replies

• _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nerd. I drew comics, studied hard, watched anime, listened to Sisters of Mercy, listened to death metal and played magic the gathering. That was 14 years ago.

I still do most of those things. :)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I was a male cheerleader.....

Just kidding....
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I rolled with the artsy kids/nerds in HS, but I was from an artsy/nerdy town, so we pretty much shared equal footing with the jocks/dawson creek types at the school.

I also played on the football team, so I crossed over definitions somewhat.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I got picked on and beat up a lot. Is that a crowd?
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Band nerd.

JM
  • ThereWillBeBeautyfrompain
    Options
    a lonley un communicating shy missit
    still am ha :bigsmile:
  • cklei
    cklei Posts: 29
    Options
    I was in band in high school so was labeled as a Bando but hung out with a lot of misfits. I have changed in so many ways since Highschool and have found that even the "preppy" thin people fall. I have struggled with my weight most of my life but I am back at losing it since having my youngest daughter 6 months ago :).
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I was a MIX kid... I had friends from all walks of life in high school, band geeks, jocks, druggies, nerds, preppy kids, the dirty ones that didn't even fit in with the misfits, skaters, vocational kids and all. I'm glad that I was able to blend with them all. I made some really good lifetime friends from each group. :flowerforyou:
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Loner, well I had a lot of acquaintances but only like 1 close friend that I actually hung out with.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I was an island! Actually - I didn't fit into any "clique." I was an honors kid who loved physics and calculus who participated in 3 sports (and excelled!) who painted murals for school plays who had an inside joke with almost every member of my 130 person class. I had no group of "BFFs" but had no qualms with anyone. If people made fun of me or didn't like me, I had no idea because I didn't care. Happy to say - I haven't changed much. :bigsmile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The Brain.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    skipping school after autoshop motorhead. not the best of choices lol
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    band nerd
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Orch dork
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    band nerd

Alright! I'm not the only one!!!

JM
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I was the weird kid no one wanted to hang out with :indifferent:
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I went to a high school where there was 300 kids in the whole school from 3 surrounding rural towns. We were all pretty much farm kids. We all just kind of got along for the most part. I dont think I can label myself in any one category. I was invited to all the "cool" parties but also hung out with the ones who were considered not so cool. Being a farm kid I normally preferred my horse to anyone else at all! lol
  • bringit30
    bringit30 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I guess I was considered "preppy", but only because I cared about school and did sports. It pissed me off being labeled. I have never done the girl drama thing, and I was friends with who I wanted to be friends with. My brother in laws father was the autoshop teacher, so I was friends with all the "gear-heads" as labeled, too. Small town where everyone talks about everyone anyway...being a girl in high school was hard. Guess I am glad that I have little boys to raise....seems like they don't have to impress as much as girls feel they have to in school...
  • dragynyss
    Options
    I had a 2 ft purple mohawk so I'm guessing...prep? ;-)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I had friends and those that didn't like me in every group... I was friendly and chatty with everyone, but kept just a few select friends very very close.. And even they were parts of different groups. A smart band kid, a burnout stoner, a punk, a misfit...