What crowd were u w/ in school :-? Jock, punk, misfit, nerd?

Options

Replies

• Ashleysh22
    Options
    BAND! I played French Horn. woohoo low brass!
  • TarattThomas
    TarattThomas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I blended with everyone as well for most of high school, never really belonging to one specific crowd. I did go to a trade school my junior year though and became one of the popular girls which was cool but then I got pregnant and went back to my old high school and continued blending. lol. I was in band (played saxaphone) Marching band (Flag corps) Hip hop dance cometition team and jazz dance.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I was quite a loner, definitely wasn't in any one crowd, anyway. I was a bit of a goth, in that I did wear mostly black velvet, but I was also a rower and in with the other rowers, doing a lot of sport. And I was a geek too, all my friends were scholarship students or teacher's children, and I was musical, I was the main soprano soloist in the school choir and won competitions and did concerts and things. Mostly I was a hopeless romantic.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Nerd, and proud of it! :)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Nerd. I drew anime characters, wrote stories, and pretty much stayed in la-la land all day. Kind of a weird kid too depending on who you talked to.
  • angelgutierrez
    Options
    I was a total loner, still am. Kids were mean, call me names, beat me up. I hated going to school.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I was a MIX kid... I had friends from all walks of life in high school, band geeks, jocks, druggies, nerds, preppy kids, the dirty ones that didn't even fit in with the misfits, skaters, vocational kids and all. I'm glad that I was able to blend with them all. I made some really good lifetime friends from each group. :flowerforyou:

^^^ Me too :smile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I was always a mis fit, met my best friend in my last year of school who was also a mis fit..were still best friends today after all these years :-)

but in college, well thats a different story all together ;-)
  • avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Options
    I was a loner , a "book worm" And sooo shy it hurt>:ohwell:
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I would say I was part of the nerd group, but it's hard to say. My school was really weird. Nerds get voted for things like prom king, and most of the jocks were nerds. A lot of the nerds were also part of the goth group because of anime/ video game influence. I would say, the groups that didn't seem to intermingle were the FOBs (Asian people who only hung out with other Asians and spoke a language other than English) and maybe punk.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    rebel cheerleaders...
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    I and my friends then (all 30+ of us) were all considered very rebellious and we were always in trouble... come to think of it... not much changes *at times* :laugh:
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Jock crowd! I was always playing some sport all year around because our basketball coach wanted us to stay active. Did cheerleading & volleyball in the fall, basketball in the winter, & ran track in the spring.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I was a transient loner. I played sports was good at it but didn't really associate with the jock mentality that much, really into cars, art and music, so my few friends were a spectrum of my likes but I never fit into one crowd really.

Forgot one thing, plus I used to sell pot, mostly to the environment engineers
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I would have been considered 'preppy' I did well in school, was on student council, but hung out with many of the jocks, one of which I will be marrying in June :)
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Loner... but not by choice. My parents wouldn't let me out of their sight for 18 years. I had nerdy friends, jock friends and misfit friends in school. To this day I have a wide spectrum of friends. I like diversity. What can I say? ;)
  • margaretmillen
    Options
    hmm lets see, misfit, loner, pothead need I go on lol. I changed crowds a lot but kept one good friend who was a goody goody, still my best friend 10 years later too.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I hung out in the hall with the other musicians. Then I hung out with this hot chick I was crushing on, and all her friends. Weird being one guy in a group of like 8 girls all the time. But I married her, and that's what my plan was all along.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Social Butterfly and a Dancer : ))
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    In high school I was part of the artsy/punk crowd.
    Now that I am in college, in shape, and playing a sport for my uni I would say jock