What crowd were u w/ in school :-? Jock, punk, misfit, nerd?

Options

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    One time a group of us had Saturday detention. It was awful. And we were all different. A brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. But getting to know each other was a real learning experience for all of us. Turns out we weren't so different after all.

I hope they didn't forget about me.

Breakfast Club much?
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    One time a group of us had Saturday detention. It was awful. And we were all different. A brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. But getting to know each other was a real learning experience for all of us. Turns out we weren't so different after all.

Bhahahahha.... breakfast club
  • fguillory
    Options
    Lol I was the person the nerds made fun of
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Stoner, rebel and loud.
    I didn't really have a "crowd" I went about my way and talked to whomever was around me (whether they listened or not lol)
    I wasn't friends with a lot of people from my school... my friends were mostly drop outs. SCORE ME!

ME!
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Rebellious!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Cool NERD!
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I was in the skater/punk crowd, but I hung out with some nerds too. (And at my school, the skaters/punks WERE kind of nerds.) Even though I'm in my 30s now and should probably have left any notions of "cliques" behind, I'm still heavily involved in the punk scene in my community, and I still dress the part (although, obviously, I've shed the mohawk and spiked bracelets), so I guess I would still consider myself a punk to some extent. :)
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    goth kid

then the punk

then the asian kid.

depended on the school, my latest interest, an what ppl felt like labeling me as that day really.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I didn't belong to a "clique" I was friends with everyone, I was a "floater"
    "Floater"...that how I classified myself in HS. I was a cheerleader, in chorus and in drama club. I didn't hang with just one group of people all the time. I liked to mix it up...lol...I had a few close friends, some which didn't even go to my school...
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    goth

then hippie/beach bum

stoner throughout

So I can't really label myself as being part of any "crowd" I was just me..
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I was the generic kid that no one knew. If my high school had been a teen movie, I would have been one of the extras that walked by in the background. lol But among my friends, I was the fat, funny one.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    BAND! I played French Horn. woohoo low brass!

I was saxophone. Were were the outcasts of the band nerd world :laugh:

JM
  • TammyF15
    Options
    I was a punk chick. But the funny part was that I had friends in almost all of the other groups in school, the cheerleaders and jocks, the potheads, the nerds, the theater kids, everyone. Plus I looked like a senior when I was a freshmen so that definitely helped me out; especially during freshmen hell week, I never got picked on then...
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Stoner/Artsy, but I went to school in a small mountain town and most of the cliques co-mingled with each other. We all had one thing in common and that was a need to party out of boredom. It's hard when all of your friends are spread out all over back mountain roads and the nearest movie theater/mall/bowling alley is 45 minutes away.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I was goth I went to high school from 87-91.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I guess I was "preppy" - I got good grades, was on drill team, co-chair of the Senior Ball committee. But I was also a serious partier - mostly with the jock crowd. A bunch of us got tanked on our Honor Society Field Trip. I got along with everybody. I don't think a lot of the teachers liked me because I was kind of a smart *kitten*, but I got good grades so there wasn't much they could do. My friends' parents thought I was a bad influence. Hmmm...is there a schizophrenic clique?
  • Glovesave3373
    Glovesave3373 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was a cross-over... Played Varsity Sports and hang with my jock friends, but also a music and computer geek. I worked so much during high school I never really hung out with either crowd too much after school, but I was there for all parties when I wasn't making the scrella!!!

A true jack of all crowds, master of non... even hung with the metal heads occasionally...

Oh.. never hung with the drug crowd though... :)
  • Danielle8706
    Danielle8706 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I didn't really belong to a crowd I talked to and hung out with everyone :)
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Considering I'm a senior, I think I can answer this pretty well.

I'm sort of the bridge between cliques. I know almost everyone. Almost everyone knows me. I get along with the cheerleaders, the goth kids, the stoners, the preps... Everyone, really.

That being said, though, everyone also knows I'm very geeky and quirky.

So geek, I guess.