What crowd were u w/ in school :-? Jock, punk, misfit, nerd?

Options

Replies

• tabitha1189
    Options
    I hung around with a small group in school. I guess you would call us nerdy rebels. But most of the time I hung out with mainly guys that were 2 to 4 years older than me. I didn't have a lot of girls that were my friends.
  • CoachAnneMarie
    Options
    the smart brain who skipped 3 grades, never quite fit in, got picked on a lot and was introverted to the MAX@!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I was in the "I'm too cool for high school because I play with the older boys" group
    If i could go back, Id join every nerd group there was.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I was a choir geek and a drama nerd and I loved those groups of people! The other choir kids were my family in high school
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I was a MIX kid... I had friends from all walks of life in high school, band geeks, jocks, druggies, nerds, preppy kids, the dirty ones that didn't even fit in with the misfits, skaters, vocational kids and all. I'm glad that I was able to blend with them all. I made some really good lifetime friends from each group. :flowerforyou:
    ^^ This
  • Bernie526
    Bernie526 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Brain.

Yup, me too. And it wasn't such a good thing!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I was sort of the drama geek, but so shy that off of the stage I was mostly a loner with just a couple of friends.
    I would say that I was a nerd, too, except that although I was teased for being "freaky smart," I was never interested in typical nerd-things.
  • Enkibean
    Options
    Another drama geek checking in!
  • erilynbmore
    erilynbmore Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Loner. I had a few friends and that was all I cared to have. I am still this way now and people assume I must be lonely or depressed b/c I choose to have few friends. lol I was also the smart kid that everyone wanted to cheat off of. ;-)
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Raised in a small farm town it was hard to really belong to any one class.. I rocked out (partied) heavily while maintaining my honors classes and grades up. I loved sports especially wrestling and boxing (in school clubs) but I didn't consider myself a jock at all. I was in orchestra and played the violin too.. I had friends from all aspects of school crowds. I don't think I've changed much now that I think about it!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Nerd I suppose...had a couple of A.P. courses in my junior and senior year. But I definitely didn't spend all my weekends doing homework, explains my g.p.a. of 3.3
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I was a nerdy antisocial misfit.
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Shy, loner. Still am. Would rather be reading a book than talking to anyone except my kids.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    nerd/loner....kept my head down and did my work, I had 2 real friends, good thing though cause I got accepted to university where being a nerd was cool, to be honest made more friends than I ever thought possible
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Nerd/bookworm all the way...I studied all the time!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I had friends and those that didn't like me in every group... I was friendly and chatty with everyone, but kept just a few select friends very very close.. And even they were parts of different groups. A smart band kid, a burnout stoner, a punk, a misfit...

Ditto.

My closest group of friends went a little like this

Theatre kid, Jock, Smart kid, Rich girl, Band geek, and then there was me who had been a jock-turned theatre kid-there on scholarship (private school).

We were also friends with a stoner and thus were all labeled "bad kids" which took a turn for the worse when I was a senior and getting over my ED and had a shaved head. Rumors went around that I was both a lesbian and pregnant, luckily I was attending a college for my second semester so I just heard all of this second hand and told my friends to bump up the pregnancy to being twins and spread a lot of random names of the hypothetical babydad. :laugh:
  • KaironAndTaviansMommy
    Options
    I was always the new kid... went to 3 different high schools in 4 years and was from out of state! I kindof just rolled with whoever was going to accept the fact that I was knew.. Had a bunch of diffferent types of friends..
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I was a bit of a mess in high school -- a definite misfit. What I wouldn't give to go back and have a talk with that girl now.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    nerd, dork, headbanger
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I wasn't in any crowd. I only had one friend in highschool (she had many friends) and that is it. I wasn't a jock, punk, misfit, nerd, anything. I was normal, just didn't want to hang out with people because honestly I thought teens were idiots. I was not into all of the highschool drama bs that took place.