what book or books are you reading now and how?

Options

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Farenheit 451 on my Kindle and listening to A Tale of Two Cities on unabridged CD.
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Reading a free book "Replica" on my Kindle at the mo! I thought it would be rubbish, but actually it's very well written.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    REPLICA is a fast-paced thriller/romance you will find hard to put down.

Beth Chandler, bright, attractive but unassertive, is accidentally replicated in a flawed experiment at the government research institute where she works. A second Beth comes into being, complete with all her memories. To Sir Peter Ellis, MI5 chief, the replica is an embarrassment that must be hushed up and disposed of. Overhearing him, Beth Two goes on the run. With no official existence, homeless, penniless and pursued by Sir Peter’s agents, she has to find the inner strength and aggression to survive on icy London streets.

Meanwhile the original Beth, unaware of what has happened, becomes romantically involved with Nick Cavanagh, the spec op she believes is there to protect her. In fact, he’s hunting her double. Nick refuses to face his moral doubts about Beth Two - as far as he’s concerned, it’s not his problem. As events unfold, and the situation grows more complicated, he has to decide whose side he is on.

S. Horrigan, AMAZON VINE TOP 500 REVIEWER, wrote: “Read it! You won't regret it! Another cracking story from Lexi. Don't be put off by the seemingly science fiction based plot. The real story is the way that the two Beths deal with situations that they find themselves in and of their discovery of their real self. As with Lexi's first book, presentation on the Kindle is about as good as it gets.

Overall: This deserves nothing less than 5 stars! An original, very well told intelligent story that had me turning the pages right to the end.” (See entire review below.)

Full length novel: 82,000 words, by the author of REMIX.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I just finished "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest" last week, and just finished "My Soul to Take" by Tananarive Due this past weekend.

"My Soul to Take" is the forth book in her series, and I HIGHLY recommend them! The first book is "My Soul to Keep," and it's an African American literarute about immortals (not your typical vampire book!) and it is fantastic!

Here's the synopsis of "My Soul to Keep" -- SO GOOD!! (I've re-read it 3 times)

JESSICA IS A Miami investigative reporter with a beautiful daughter, Kira, and a husband, David, so loving, brilliant, and attentive that she calls him Mr. Perfect. Suddenly, her life takes a terrifying turn. Her best friend is brutally and mysteriously murdered and Jessica discovers an ancient, unimaginable danger that will shatter her life and family -- forever.

DAWIT is an immortal. More than four hundred years ago he and a sect of Ethiopian scholars traded their souls for eternal life. Obeying a vow of secrecy, Dawit has traveled the world as a soldier, a slave, a jazz musician -- never staying anywhere long enough for others to notice that he does not age. As further insurance, with barely a thought he kills any mortal who dares to become too curious about him. For the first time, though, it is Dawit who threatens to break his vow and defy his brothers by keeping his beloved mortal wife and child with him -- forever.

In My Soul to Keep, the worlds of Jessica and Dawit collide with harrowing, unforgettable consequences as Jessica learns firsthand the terrible price for eternal life. The newest novel by Tananarive Due, acclaimed author of The Between, it is a shocking, brilliantly plotted work of suspense and the supernatural that astonishes until the final, remarkable page.
  • Tekgyrl
    Options
    "Lose Weight Without Dieting or Working Out" by JJ King on my Kindle App via the Motorola Xoom!!! I love that thing!
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Zahir (Coelho, hard copy from the library), Inheritance (Paolini, checked out from the library on my Kindle), and next up is Veronika Decides to Die (Coelho and also a hard copy library book).
  • bookqueen1998
    Options
    I just finished a book call Divergent by Veronica Roth. I couldn't put it down, and I'm super excited because the second one, called Insurgent, is coming out in May!! These books are like a futuristic distopian society themed series. Another good series is Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. There are 5 of these books, and they are more of a fantasy and adventure type series. Both of the are labeled as YA, but I LOVED them! I couldn't put any of them down. Hope I could help.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Ghost Night by Heather Graham in paperback (at work)
    O'hurley trilogy by Nora Roberts on my Kindle (at home on the couch)
    Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark in hardback (at home beside the bed)
    Betrayal in Death by JD Robb in paperback (in my purse)

I am a book addict when I am not exercising I am reading. I would rather read than watch T.V. and I always have a book never know when you will need one. :happy:
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    just checked out "The Help" from the library, haven't had a chance to start it yet.....so, I guess I'd have to say I'm reading "biological psychology" and "Abnormal Psychology"
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I am reading the 3rd book in the Hunger Games, Mockingjay on my Kindle.

Same but not on a Kindle.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just read in paperback Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo & The Girl Who Played with Fire. I am now listening to The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest ... the 3rd and last of his on my MP3 player. Both the first were great...haven't got into the 3rd enough yet to tell
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    I always have 3-5 books going at the same time. Right now I'm reading:

1. The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution by Richard Dawkins
    2. Zen Wrapped in Karma Dipped in Chocolate by Brad Warner
    3. Fool by Christopher Moore (a modernized version of Shakespeare's King Lear as told by his Fool - funny, funny, funny)
    4. The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True by Richard Dawkins, Dave McKean

Last week I finished:

1. Sit Down and Shut Up: Punk Rock Commentaries on Buddha, God, Truth, Sex, Death, and Dogen's Treasury of the Right Dharma Eye by Brad Warner, and
    2. Demystifying Psychiatry by Charles F. Zorumski, Eugene Rubin

If I'm not watching the St. Louis Blues hockey game or doing zazen then I'm reading something (or helping my daughter with her homework. haha).
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Smoke & Mirrors by Neil Gaiman. <3
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm reading A History of the World in 100 Objects, by Neil MacGregor. I'm reading it in hardcover and it has photos of all the items. I'm on item 17. I like the way the author not only tells about the item and its place in history, but also why it is important or significant. The chapters are all freestanding, so I can read an item or two and take time to think.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Eat, Pray, Love right now!
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "Altar of Eden" by Jame Rollins right now. Paperback format.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I am reading several
    on Audio unabridged, Book 10 of the Wheel of Time series, Crossroads of Twilight,
    in Paperback, I am reading Changeless - by Gail Carriger, book two of the Parosole Protectorite. on my kindle app on phone and laptop, I am reading Halfway Hexed A Southern Witch Mystery, Book 3, by Kimberly Frost and Push by Chalene Johnson.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    American Sniper by Chris Kyle. He was part of Seal team 3. On my Nook.
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm reading "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" Stephen Chbosky (Nook Tablet)

Just finished reading "The Fault in Our Stars" John Green

About to read "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" Seth Grahame-Smith

I have about 30 paperbacks my best friend has sent me to read in our book swaps we do and I have about 9 books on my Nook I haven't read yet but any book suggestions appreciated.
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    On Nook:
    The Whale by Philip Hoare
    Everything is Illuminated by Johnathan Safran Foer
    Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R.R. Martin

On Paper:
    Four Fish by Paul Greenberg

On Audio:
    Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson
    (I listen to audio books while I work.)

Just finished:
    The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN. Sad, but so good!