Health Food is too.......

Options

Replies

• aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options

Exactly, what the heck people. There is no reason anyone on here should be commenting in a negative fashion about what anyone said. Period. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on something.

There are people that CAN NOT afford it. Saying it is a choice is true, but sometimes that choice is between paying $2 more for each item or heating the house, paying the mortgage.

We need not to judge someones words without knowing their whole story. Everyone is on here to better themselves, and we aren't here to get knocked down when we say something.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:

i'm truly sorry if you feel "judged".... but that is not the intention. and you are absolutely right that everyone deserves their opinion...that's why they are discussions....

my contention....once again.... isn't that everyone is rich -- isn't that we need to buy "labelled" health foods... my contention is that there are plenty of affordable choices, that are also incredibly healthy choices, and to say that you "want" to lose weight, or you "want" to be healthy, but then use money as an issue to eat unhealthy is inaccurate.

i meant this more as motivation than a slam.... and i was warned about the consequences.... but you know..... the examples some people are throwing around is a problem with advertising, not health.

just like the "organic" jelly bean... are we serious?? we can simply label something "organic" and it's healthy???? NO, NO, NO!! but so many people wanna believe it is....

change isn't always easy....and the bottom line is, if we don't wanna give up something we will fight to the death to keep it. but this is not about judgment... i don't judge, but i do try to motivate.

i'll gladly offer anyone to go the store/market with me and tell me i can't find affordable AND healthy food for them...... and yes.... this is all MY opinion... take it for what it's worth....

i'm extremely fit, i'm extremely lean, i feel great, and i don't break the bank to do it. i don't see how i can be completely wrong...

Just a side not, I was not talking about you. I think your points were great and totally correct. Where I take issues is when someone says they can not afford it, and other people tell them they can, it's just their choice and they don't understand the situation those people are in. I am fortunate and don't have to worry about what I pay for my food. But I do understand that I am not in the same situation as other people.

We as a whole need to think about other people's situation before we tell them they are wrong and are just choosing to not eat something. If the choice is brocolli or heat for your kids, it's not that easy.

You can hate on me, because I am about to disagree with you :flowerforyou:

I work for my state university's extension office. Every state has one and most have county offices to serve the public. I know Iowa just closed theirs, we are all facing deep budget cuts.

I mainly do breastfeeding now but in the past I worked in the nutrution aspect of public service. <ost states offer nutrition education to food stamp recipients through extension services.

Time, after time, I have heard "I'm not eating that crap" when I have tried to explain to consumers how to better feed their family with the resources they have. I've also had single moms become my very good freinds because they are so very thankful for the information they received. Most of our work is done through home visits or at shelters so transportation is not an issue.

I don't want to seem judgemental but I have expereinced the very type of person you are referring to, very low income, very in need, refuse to change, not because of cost, but because they are not in a place in their lives where they are comfortable with change, and that's OK!!!!

Food is a part of our heritage, our comfort, our souls. All I am saying is let's be HONEST!

I know, for a fact, that a person receiving full food stamp benefits can eat 100% healthy foods, 100% of the time, on that monthly allotment. I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT!!

I also know that those who have overextneded themselves in their "life" expenses and don't really qualify for or receive a great deal of assisatance, truly struggle with putting any food on the table, but that is a totally different situation. If you have no money, you have no money.

This myth we hold in the US that those who are low income cannot afford healthy foods is crap. That, I will stand by. Look up things like Project Fresh and the changes happening with WIC foods, which MANY Americans qualify for.
  • JenniferAnne73
    Options
    Can I ask a harmless question? Just curious if you are single and only buying for yourself??

Let me just say after asking that question that, I agree you are not completely wrong.

Sure, I am single. BUT.... not that I am proud of it.....I did have a family at one point (i am divorced), and we made healthy choices, again without breaking us-- I guess the logic there is, if it's easy enough for me to eat healthy single, and I could easily blow a lot more money eating junk, fast-food, etc..... the ratio still applies even though there are more people in the family. Not that I'm saying you or anyone else does this, but a drive-thru at McDonalds once a week for a family of 5 can go a lot further at the grocery and be tons better for you! Again, IMO.... I don't want anyone hating me over this.... but I do contend that there is always a way.

Oh no...no hate here!!

I think that you are correct. People can do it. It's a lifestyle change...a "repentance" if you will. A changing of one's thinking. Not so much that it's not really more expensive, because it is...more like, how can I accomplish this goal. It's work and I think that the work involved is what is so discouraging for some. For those who have legitimate circumstances that make it difficult...share you wisdom with them.
  • JenniferAnne73
    Options

Exactly, what the heck people. There is no reason anyone on here should be commenting in a negative fashion about what anyone said. Period. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on something.

There are people that CAN NOT afford it. Saying it is a choice is true, but sometimes that choice is between paying $2 more for each item or heating the house, paying the mortgage.

We need not to judge someones words without knowing their whole story. Everyone is on here to better themselves, and we aren't here to get knocked down when we say something.

i'm truly sorry if you feel "judged".... but that is not the intention. and you are absolutely right that everyone deserves their opinion...that's why they are discussions....

my contention....once again.... isn't that everyone is rich -- isn't that we need to buy "labelled" health foods... my contention is that there are plenty of affordable choices, that are also incredibly healthy choices, and to say that you "want" to lose weight, or you "want" to be healthy, but then use money as an issue to eat unhealthy is inaccurate.

i meant this more as motivation than a slam.... and i was warned about the consequences.... but you know..... the examples some people are throwing around is a problem with advertising, not health.

just like the "organic" jelly bean... are we serious?? we can simply label something "organic" and it's healthy???? NO, NO, NO!! but so many people wanna believe it is....

change isn't always easy....and the bottom line is, if we don't wanna give up something we will fight to the death to keep it. but this is not about judgment... i don't judge, but i do try to motivate.

i'll gladly offer anyone to go the store/market with me and tell me i can't find affordable AND healthy food for them...... and yes.... this is all MY opinion... take it for what it's worth....

i'm extremely fit, i'm extremely lean, i feel great, and i don't break the bank to do it. i don't see how i can be completely wrong...

Just a side not, I was not talking about you. I think your points were great and totally correct. Where I take issues is when someone says they can not afford it, and other people tell them they can, it's just their choice and they don't understand the situation those people are in. I am fortunate and don't have to worry about what I pay for my food. But I do understand that I am not in the same situation as other people.

We as a whole need to think about other people's situation before we tell them they are wrong and are just choosing to not eat something. If the choice is brocolli or heat for your kids, it's not that easy.

I work for my state university's extension office. Every state has one and most have county offices to serve the public. I know Iowa just closed theirs, we are all facing deep budget cuts.

I mainly do breastfeeding now but in the past I worked in the nutrution aspect of public service. <ost states offer nutrition education to food stamp recipients through extension services.

Time, after time, I have heard "I'm not eating that crap" when I have tried to explain to consumers how to better feed their family with the resources they have. I've also had single moms become my very good freinds because they are so very thankful for the information they received. Most of our work is done through home visits or at shelters so transportation is not an issue.

I don't want to seem judgemental but I have expereinced the very type of person you are referring to, very low income, very in need, refuse to change, not because of cost, but because they are not in a place in their lives where they are comfortable with change, and that's OK!!!!

Food is a part of our heritage, our comfort, our souls. All I am saying is let's be HONEST!

I know, for a fact, that a person receiving full food stamp benefits can eat 100% healthy foods, 100% of the time, on that monthly allotment. I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT!!

I also know that those who have overextneded themselves in their "life" expenses and don't really qualify for or receive a great deal of assisatance, truly struggle with putting any food on the table, but that is a totally different situation. If you have no money, you have no money.

This myth we hold in the US that those who are low income cannot afford healthy foods is crap. That, I will stand by. Look up things like Project Fresh and the changes happening with WIC foods, which MANY Americans qualify for.

I don't think that we are really talking about the people on food stamps. I don't think we are anyway.
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    I am in the same boat with limited income (husband had three back surgies since last October). I have two teenage girls and a eight year old girl. We have cut back on everything we can think of, so we can buy the basic groceries (milk, bread, eggs, fruit.....) on a weekly basis. My children can put away the milk pretty fast, as well as fruit (apples, banannas). I only get paid every two weeks...so things get really tight fast. If I wasn't in so much debt (credit cards-bank loans), it wouldn't be so bad. But that is a different task I am dealing with.

Your right, everybody has an opinion and everybody knows their own situation. We just need to figure out what we really need compared to our wants. My family was use to certain meat & potato type of meals every night. Now....well, I have to use alternatives and we are not going hungry. (Not all my choices are the best healthy choices, per say), but I do what I can to feed my family and keep us out of Dr.'s offices/hospitals. It is hard. Harder some weeks than others, but I can do it---we all can do it!!

Good luck with making choices!:smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    It is more expensive. I do pay for it, but that's how I know.

The tortilla example... yes the whole wheat tortillas are cheaper than fries, but it's stupid to compare a tortilla to French fries. That's "comparing apples and oranges." Try comparing the whole grain tortillas to REGULAR tortillas. At my local ALDI, flour tortillas are 79 cents for 12. The whole wheat tortillas are triple that.

Why are you comparing Snickers to an apple? Snickers bars have protein and will keep you going through endurance activities. An apple will give you energy for less than an hour.

Hot pockets have vegetables, dairy, and bread food groups in addition to protein. Tuna is just protein. The comparisons you make are not logical at all.

Why don't you compare a Hot Pocket to an Annie's Naturals organic whole grain vegan hot pocket? Hot Pockets - $1.89. The Annie's hot pocket - $4.99.

Or, a vegetarian example: buy pre-made chili with meat and it's 99 cents a can. Buy "vegetarian chili" and it's $2.99. Funny, how can it cost more to take the meat out? Are beans really that expensive?

It's because they know that people committed to their health will pay more.

Of course, you can make vegetarian chili or whatever at home. But if you want the convenience of pre-made healthy foods, you have to pay more for it. (especially if you are a vegetarian!)

this sounds like you're defending snickers and hot pockets. surely I am mis-reading. :huh:

snickers is junk food. a little protein from peanuts does not outweigh the sugar overload.
    hot pockets is fat, salt, complete crap. they have no redeeming qualities.

you get what you pay for. your health is worth it to pay more for real, healthy food.
  • aymie24
    Options
    I think the problem is that people are trying to defend the fact that it is "not" more expensive. It absolutely IS generally speaking. I couldn't do what I do on a tighter budget or say if we didn't have a car or...if we only had one car!! It would be totally impractical for me to do what I do!

I think more of the problem is that people are hoping to find healthy versions of the not so healthy things we eat and an equally less expensive price and you are right, that IS more expensive.

Tortillas, whole wheat or otherwise, are not the healthiest of grain products. Canned chili, vegetarian or otherwise, is not the healthiest of products either. I'm just throwing them out as they have been used by others as an expample.

It all comes down to lifestyle change. Healthy lifestyles are not just about finding the organic, zero trans fat, "healthy" pre packaged foods on sale. It's about learning to make things for yourself, including learning to manage your time in a way that allows you to make change.

I'm sorry if I sound judgemental but I have NO extended family, it is my hubby, myself and our four kids. I work a 36 hour "office hours" week plus I am on call 24/7. I have two active teenaged girls, and am involved in their school and sports stuff. I have a prescooler, who's school I also volunteer at and an autistic two year old who is still nursing and attends a special playgroup, with me, for an hour and a half twice a week. If I can find time to make healthy foods from scratch on a budget, so can just about everyone else. It IS a choice.

I can't tell you the last time I watched TV or a movie. We don't even have cable, we are too busy for television. My hubby and I haven't been on a date since I was pregnant with our four year old. We have a strong, happy marriage in spite of that. There are choices we all have to make.

I think people know that and it's just easier to balme something else, like cost, than it is to make those sometimes tough lifestyle choices. For a lot of my frieds, if it came down to giving up their favorite TV show, or making a few healthy dinners to freeze one night a week.....I think they'd have a tough time, since they've already established that TV habit in their lives. It's a part of their conversation with each other and other family members and friends. There is just a lot more to the big picture of eating well, and affording it, than food choices.

I see your point. But I am still talking about the fresh foods as well. I eat very healthy and I have to really work hard to do it. If you read my other posts you'll see that I shop at 5 different stores sometimes just to get the good stuff on sale. Everybody is not in a position to do that.

Now I think I have it harder financially than I normally do and I could easily judge out of my own circumstances. BUT the Truth is....some people have it much harder than me. And they can't spend the time or gas or whatever to go to 5 different stores. I am only able to do that because the stores are on my way to other places I have to go...it just works out for me...but not everybody has it that way.

We are talking about how expensive healthy food is...and for Pete's sake...fresh foods included.

Fresh food are included, of course. Eating fresh, in season foods is a great way to cut costs.

If you are going to five stores, that is a CHOICE you are making. Obviously, you like variety. Ok, I will totally agree that eating a wide variety of healthy, fresh foods can be very expensive.

However, eating a wide variety of healthy foods is not required for healthy eating. Eating in season is perfectly acceptable, health wise.

Look, I am not going to sit here and continue to debate this. I think you hit the nail on the head, it's about lifestyle choices. I just think it's an easy way out to say healthy food is too expensive. It's about the overall choices we make. People try to budget as little as possible for food, which is the single most important thing we can control to be healthy. However, we all want the bigger house, the nicer car, the better vacation, or whatever it is that's driving your costs up so much. It's not about the cost of food. It's about the choices we make. Another way to put it would be it's about the priorities we have, and in the US, healthy food is really not something people put at the top of their list.
  • aymie24
    Options

I don't think that we are really talking about the people on food stamps. I don't think we are anyway.

Then the statement "If the choice is brocolli or heat for your kids, it's not that easy" was menat to refer to the general, middle and higher income population, sorry I misunderstood if so.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I think this thread got way off track. You know everyone can agree, times are tough right now. For alot of people, especially those with families and children. But it sounds to me that going broke based off food purchases is the least of the worries. I know when the wallet is tight....you gotta make compromises whether it be at the grocery store, or how many miles you drive, maybe cut out a vacation. This to me has less to do with buying healthy items or not.... and more to do with budgeting your money and making conscious decisions about what you purchase.

It still doesn't justify eating poorly just to save money. I think if thats your line of thinking, no offense, its kinda unwarranted. I would be willing to bet, and i've been there, that if money is that tight... and your worried about saving $100 bucks at the grocery store between buying healthy food vs non-healthy..you might want to take a look at the rest of your budget. I'm not telling people what to do. I'm just saying, I understand those situations and I've been in those. Yeah I've never had kids. But I've been unemployed, lived off minimum wage, lived from pay check to paycheck, been in serious debt...and I got outta those situations over time.

The question is...where do you make your compromises? You need food. You need health care. Is risking your health worth it? These are big questions. There obviously hard decisions when you have a family; especially kids.

Hopefully, we all can learn from it together. People need to think ahead when they are starting a family.
    Granted, you can't foresee every little economic high and low in life. There's ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with having a family or getting married. But it seems like alot of people don't put into any thought about the monetary necessities it takes to live that lifestyle. And it is a lifestyle.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    We live in a society that believes our wants are our needs! ie. I want all my kids to have a cell phone so they can stay in touch with me. that is a want! I want to have a pair of shoes that match every outfit, that is a want! Cable television! that is a want! new video games every time they think up a new one! the list goes on and on!

Needs are quite different. Water, air, shelter, basic food! Needs! Where there is a will there is a way, no insult intended at all here. We think steak is a need, it is not! beans, rice, oatmeal lots of healthy foods are cheap. living on a beer budget while wanting champagne is a world wide problem! No insult intended. I raised three kids and made it through 18 months of my husband recovering from Valley fever on $165 per week! including bills. If I can do it, anyone can!

Healthy, not prepackaged," just so easy because I am lazy foods" is what is best for our bodies and our children's as well. Basics like they ate in the depression, before they packaged everything up for us!
  • xsargex
    Options
    We live in a society that believes our wants are our needs! ie. I want all my kids to have a cell phone so they can stay in touch with me. that is a want! I want to have a pair of shoes that match every outfit, that is a want! Cable television! that is a want! new video games every time they think up a new one! the list goes on and on!

Needs are quite different. Water, air, shelter, basic food! Needs! Where there is a will there is a way, no insult intended at all here. We think steak is a need, it is not! beans, rice, oatmeal lots of healthy foods are cheap. living on a beer budget while wanting champagne is a world wide problem! No insult intended. I raised three kids and made it through 18 months of my husband recovering from Valley fever on $165 per week! including bills. If I can do it, anyone can!

Healthy, not prepackaged," just so easy because I am lazy foods" is what is best for our bodies and our children's as well. Basics like they ate in the depression, before they packaged everything up for us!

Thanks for this. Point taken!

Speaking of societies, cause there are plenty of other cultures that live off WAY WAY less then the poorest percentile in our country. Not only do they do it...they are happy doing it. I'm not judging anyone's situation. Its their situation, not mine. I'm just saying, making food out to be the bad guy, is not gonna fix the problem. Its being real with whats possible and making it happen.
  • sassycat
    Options

Thanks for this. Point taken!

Speaking of societies, cause there are plenty of other cultures that live off WAY WAY less then the poorest percentile in our country. Not only do they do it...they are happy doing it. I'm not judging anyone's situation. Its their situation, not mine. I'm just saying, making food out to be the bad guy, is not gonna fix the problem. Its being real with whats possible and making it happen.

Everybody is fighting some kind of battle! My family & I are surviving with my little income, it has been over two years now. My husband lost his factory job two years ago and tried to start his own business until he had to have the back surgeries (if he didn't, he would have been paralyzed neck down). You just have to adapt! I am not a lazy person, I have always worked all my life--I was brought up that way---but, there are times when you have to purchase prepackaged products because of time, as long as you don't make a habit out of it. (I work long hours and still make time for my children and take care of my husband, but there are times that I don't have time to prepare homemade meals). There are times I make two meals in one night, so my family can have something good for them when I have to work late the next day. But I am not a "Leave It to Beaver" type of mom. I would love to work part-time or be a stay-at-home mom and prepare "healthy" foods, but I don't see that in my future any time soon. Food is not our enemy! I agree with that part.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I think that part of the problem--the perception that healthy food is so much more expensive than crap food--comes from peoples' places of work. Specifically, if they have a cafeteria (I work in hospitals, and there's always a hospital cafeteria around if you feel like buying your lunch instead of brown-bagging it).

Anyway, in most cafeterias, they charge per ounce of salad--usually some crazy-high number, since things like broccoli, carrots, celery, and stuff with nutritional value have some weight on them. You can make yourself an awesome, healthy, and filling salad (with no dressing, of course) and pay upwards of $6.00 for it or you can grab the cheesburger and fries for $4.50. That really ticks me off! :explode: This is a HOSPITAL, for cryin' out loud!!! Don't you want to encourage your employees to be healthy to set an example for your patients?!?! :devil:

But enough of that rant. I bring my own lunch from home now and if I want a salad, I'll run out to Subway and get the Veggie Delight salad (no dressing or croutons, of course). I think it's a lot cheaper than the salad bar in the cafeteria...

Just thought I'd chime in to the discussion (I do agree that healthy eating is not necessarily exorbitantly expensive as the going perception--i.e., general public--seems to think it is).

Cheers to you all! :drinker:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Anyway, in most cafeterias, they charge per ounce of salad--usually some crazy-high number, since things like broccoli, carrots, celery, and stuff with nutritional value have some weight on them. You can make yourself an awesome, healthy, and filling salad (with no dressing, of course) and pay upwards of $6.00 for it or you can grab the cheesburger and fries for $4.50. That really ticks me off! :explode: This is a HOSPITAL, for cryin' out loud!!! Don't you want to encourage your employees to be healthy to set an example for your patients?!?! :devil:

This gave me a flashback. There was a hospital in Toronto, that decided to put a restaurant downstairs, I guess to replace or compete with the cafeteria. I never went to this hospital but drove by, and was shocked when I saw ................McDonalds........ at a hospital of all places.

Months later I drove by and it was no longer there.

Back on subject.
    I agree it's the choices we make. There's nothing wrong with making pasta and rice and having it last 3-4 days, especially watching portions. Alot of people are not used to having same staple every day, they get bored with the meals.

We buy are meat at Costco. They have pork and steak that are between $17-$20 for FOUR BIG pieces of meat. We freeze them.
    Each one of the 4 gets cut in (used to be 1/2's and now 1/4's ) and that's still a very filling piece of protein for $1-$1.50 each piece.
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP
    and I agree with this too I tried to quote the lady from NS but it didn't work?
    I'm in NB and our produce can be expensive especially in the winter, but there are ways around it. In the winter we eat a lot of root veggies, apples, clementines (mmmmm) and bananas. And then frozen blueberries that we picked the summer before, sometimes frozen strawberries when they are on sale and canned fruit (without syrup) If you eat in season it's cheaper, but I do miss all the great summer produce in feb!
    I find here it's cheaper if you can find a small independant grocer/ produce stand we have 2 year round places that only sell meat and produce and they are way cheaper in the winter than the chain stores

Oh and do you have a Bens/dempster's outlet? they are usually in Iriving stores it's worth it to call around and find out. we get our bread for 1.50 a loaf (including ww bread) and the dempsters tortillas that are 80 cal are 1.80 /10 and while I'm there I pick up milk and bananas because they are cheaper :) hope this helps a bit it takes some planning but you can do it!

just as a little aside I went to the store the other day and got a big bag of produce for me and got DH a box of pizza pops (the big box) and it was the same price :S I generally spend 20-30 dollars at the produce store and get 4-5 grocery bags full of GOOD food
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    [
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've read through this thread and I see that it got kind of heated.

I can see how there are some very good intentions, but the message "you can afford to eat healthy, you just chose not to" could definitely be offensive to people that ARE trying to be healthy and are struggling financially. What might be helpful is another thread where people share tips and ideas about how to eat healthy on a budget. You might encourage people to make that step and show them that they might be able to afford more than they think, but at the same time you wouldn't be passign judgement. There have been helpful suggestions in this thread, but they are mixed in with heated discussion.
  • sassycat
    Options
    I've read through this thread and I see that it got kind of heated.

I can see how there are some very good intentions, but the message "you can afford to eat healthy, you just chose not to" could definitely be offensive to people that ARE trying to be healthy and are struggling financially. What might be helpful is another thread where people share tips and ideas about how to eat healthy on a budget. You might encourage people to make that step and show them that they might be able to afford more than they think, but at the same time you wouldn't be passign judgement. There have been helpful suggestions in this thread, but they are mixed in with heated discussion.

You are correct. I admit, I was offended in some way about some comments on this thread. Like I said before, everybody is fighting some kind of battle and nobody knows what all the issues are with somebody else unless they have been there themselves. I am definetly up for helpful suggestions on eating healthy (for a big family) on a budget. That would be great! Thank you for your post.
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Agreed...I wanted to reply, but didn't want to be a part of the arguments....here are some things I've done that are cheap and pretty healthy:
    1. Go to a bulk barn and buy super healthy dried beans and chickpeas in bulk...You can cook them up during the weekend and make soups, stews and salads with them all week.
    2. My new favourite bulk food item is Quinoa...you can add it to anything..It can be a good breakfast food or the base of a salad, or you can pour stirfry or chili over top...it is one of the rare complete not meat proteins.
    3. I buy my fish from a guy that comes around and sells out of his truck (totally legit...he's a fisherman)...but I can get a pound of haddock from him for 5.00 as opposed to 9.00 or more from a supermarket.
    3. Try to eat only 1 or 2 non meat meals a week...good for you AND your pocketbook...
    Any other suggestions???
    :flowerforyou:
    Annette
  • xsargex
    Options
    I think this was a great discussion. If people perceived it was hostile or offensive, I don't know what to say for ya. I don't think anyone was saying "get over it" or "wise up" or anything. Just alot of good options were given. If your in a tight spot, then I guess you can't do anything about it. Point taken.

I agree with Thumprrrr. We got a COSTCO card last year. We don't go like every week. Probably once a month at best. But we don't go hogwild like I see alot of people. I think if someone had alot of kids and needed bulk in cereal and such. Wow, they got some great deals. Stock up that pantry. The location we go to has alot of fresh produce and beat the prices at the local grocery stores. I know i know...i'm supplying the evil corporation and putting the mom & pop stores outta business. We gotta save a dollar am I right?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    You are RIGHT.

I:heart: Costco. AND Walmart.

they employ thousands of Americans. How can that be bad???