What's your favorite exercise?

Options
For me it's walking, plain and simple. I'm happy that I CAN walk around again. And I love the feeling of sore calves and tight thighs the next day!
That being said...it's winter so I haven't been exercising because if it's not -30 outside it's pouring rain or snowing. I need to find other things to do when the weather is being mean to me. What's your favorite?

Replies

• lynnmarie60
    Options
    zumba.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    <
    dead-lifts, as you can see!
  • justdoit_steph
    Options
    I also enjoy walking/jogging because it is my alone time at night. I can listen to my music and just relax for about an hour. My favorite gym workout would have to be doing the bench/chest press at the moment.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Zumba. There is nothing as much fun as Zumba. Nothing. I'd probably do it even it only burned a few calories. But I lost weight faster with Zumba than with anything else I've tried, except for running. But running is not fun.

Ditch the workout, join the party!!
  • amewha
    amewha Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My favorites are various racket sports, I like having the competition aspect as it is very motivation to me. My top two are badminton and squash.

In the winter I also enjoy cross country skiing and snow shoeing. Use that winter snow to your advantage!
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    squats, perfect exercise. I feel the effects three days later every time. Perfect motivation to remember to eat correctly when legs hurt!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up between yoga and dance! I love both, and they are good to me too!
  • koolmum
    Options
    1. Burpees
    2. Pushups
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I :heart: the elliptical! I would do 2 hours a day if time permitted!
  • BrittanyH8588
    BrittanyH8588 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Zumba I am having so much fun I don't even feel like I am working out!!!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Zumba. There is nothing as much fun as Zumba. Nothing. I'd probably do it even it only burned a few calories. But I lost weight faster with Zumba than with anything else I've tried, except for running. But running is not fun.

This x 100!! ^^^^^^^ I could not agree more!
    Zumba is amazing cardio yet you don't feel like you are excercising because it is so fun!! :drinker:
  • BrandyHeit
    Options
    Zumba! Never feels like a "workout", just a lot of fun. I do it 3x a week and look forward to it all week long.
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options

AGREED!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Spinning. The end.
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    add me to the Zumba addicts. tues and thurs are my favorite days of the week. i even coreographed a song and my instructor lets me lead it - and i'm the biggest person in there by at least 100lbs. boo yeah!
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i love zumba too, its brilliant, good workout and a good laugh too.
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    JUMPROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously it feels so good and really gets your heart going. you can do it without an actual rope too, just jump and mimic the action. jillian michaels approved
  • jsflare
    Options
    cyclebox class!!!! half of the time we box the other half we cycle, sometimes a little ab work thrown in the mix!!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I do Bar Method classes, like everyday!

I loooooove them =)
  • Lydiabee_4
    Lydiabee_4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!! =)
    I also really enjoy swimming!