How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I was doing it every day but now I weigh about twice a week.
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    Every day, or every other day, but I only log once a week. Weight can fluctuate so much on a day-to-day basis but it's interesting to note.
  • TSulprizio
    Options
    Every Morning before I shower.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Usually twice a week but always in the morning before I do anything (except pee, that's always first :) I've been losing weight steadily since the beginning of January so I actually look forward to getting on the scale because I want to be able to mark my progress.

PS: can someone tell me how to get my "ticker" to show up when I reply or post here?
  • BeTrue2Yourself
    BeTrue2Yourself Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every Friday comparing to the last Friday. But I also weight myself on Mondays to make sure I didn't overdue it. If I did, then I know I have to work out extra hard/long on Monday night.
  • crikey1987
    Options
    Every couple of days.
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day too - fluctuation can be frustrating...but also motivating...and a fluctuation in the right direction is kinda like winning the lottery - I really dig that feeling!
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but only log every 2 days
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Once a day. I like to see the trends and how what I eat affects my body weight -- I find it interesting.

This! Although I do admit to weighing myself every time I use the restroom on weekends. I have found that I weigh the less around 10 a.m.

I told my co-workers I was going to start bringing my scale to work and would strip down in the bathroom at 10 a.m. daily to weigh myself. :bigsmile:
  • obmckenzie
    obmckenzie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday on my home scale and then once a week "officially" at my Jenny Craig office. I try to focus on the once a week number but I like having the daily accountability of my daily checks.

For me I like seeing an average of lose or a downward trend on a scale. It makes me feel good.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but only count my weight loss once a week on Friday's.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Every morning, and then every evening after dinner. For some reason, my evening weight helps me predict whether I'll see a loss the next morning. It's an addiction, LOL, but it does keep me accountable! :)
  • starshine420
    Options
    Once every two weeks. It stresses me out too much to do it everyday because of the fluctuations and I never remember to do it every week, so every two weeks. Plus, doing it less often, I see bigger results which motivates me more :)
  • kapspecial
    kapspecial Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Every morning au natural before breakfast. I have an official weigh-in day which is Saturdays. So nothing counts before Saturday they are just little teasers and previews.
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have found I am most successful when I weigh everyday in the morning. It keeps me accountable. I always tell myself if I have a day I haven't done as well as I like, that just as long as the scale doesn't go up, it is okay. If I don't weight myself everyday, I find if I have a day I have done well, it might end being two or three and then very quickly I am up 3 pounds on the scale.

I could not agree more! This is exactly why I weigh daily as well....unless I pigged out the night before. Then I hide from my scale until I feel the food has been digested
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I weigh on Tuesday's, but I've been sneaking peaks and my BF is threatening to hide it... : O
  • crodrigu73
    crodrigu73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I banned my scale for a month. I actually hid it so I won't be tempt to jump on it. I was weigh 4 or 5 times a day. Which wasn't why I decided to ban it. I have a mental block about getting past the half way point on my journey. Everytime I saw the scale get to 54 pounds lost I would fall off and eat bad and gain a bunch of weight. So I am hoping by not seeing the number I can push past the mid way point and have my very own biggest loser moments.
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    My 'official' weigh-ins are a week apart, but I get on the scale at least once a day. I find it interesting how much my weight can vary from day to day, before and after meals, and especially overnight-often I can lose a couple pounds from when I go to bed to when I wake up.
  • seanwebster
    seanwebster Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I do a weekly check-in on Friday morning. Sometimes followed up with a Saturday double-check if I think Friday's was off.

Went a long time without weighing at all until I realized I had lost so much weight there was no telling what my calorie goal really should be. Didn't want to make it about an arbitrary number. Put the scale away for a month, make sure you hit your calorie goal most of the time, and enjoy when all your clothes fit different. Worth it.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    TO hmardis -- Tp add your ticker to your post...

You have to go to the Tools Tab, click on Tickers, on the bottom left it'll have the code for you to copy into message boards (on the right side is for web sites and blogs) copy the code in the box and paste it at the bottom of your post. (If you use it alot it makes sense to copy it into a text file (notepad) or word document, and save it on your desktop for easy access). Oh, if you are using an i-pad to do this, I found it will not copy the ticker code, so you'll have to use a PC. Hope this helps.

13598365.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter