Ladies, do you wear undies when working out?

Options
I ask because I had a huge debate with someone about it and thought this would be the perfect place to pose this question. Me personally will put my Nike short shorts on - a sports under garment, I might take a pic of what I am talking about. But do you wear your undies you wore that day, sports under garment, or do you go commando? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• dorkynerd
    dorkynerd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes. I workout in the morning. I get dressed in undies, and a sports bra and then the rest. I come home and shower and then change clothes again.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I wear nothing but my sports bra and HRM....

....but then I do workout at home.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Depends which workout pants I'm wearing....I usually change my underwear to a thong, don't want panty lines showing when I'm doing squats and deadlifts. :-)
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    Yes, I wear underwear.
  • gardnerjes
    gardnerjes Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Umm yes I love my cotton briefs when working out!!!!
  • tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes, I wear underwear to work out. Of course, 2 or 3 of my weekly workouts are done at our small gym at work, so I don't really want my coworkers seeing me with no panty lines...
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    lmao I know this suppose to be ladies but I coouldnt resist so, nope I dont I prefer the compression shorts
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    This may be an interesting thread. Please Ladies continue to dazzle me with your undies talk.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thong or none when I go running. Depends on the pants and what's comfortable that day.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    No.

It is soooo much more comfortable to go commando.
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I go to my gym/kickboxing class after work and I just plan to wear cotton pants that stay in place that day, change out of the office clothes and into my shorts/training pants with a sports bra and a tank top. I don't think I could handle a thong style bottom. I think a thong would be the wedgie I couldn't get rid of.

Id be more willing to go commando if I were wearing running shorts in the gym (the kind with the built-in brief) but I don't know about having nylon holding the sweat right there against my skin. I would prefer that people see panty lines in my tighter training bottoms than suspect I'm commando. Cotton pants are the right combination of fast-drying, wicking and inexpensive for me.
  • GraceOrr
    Options
    Depends which workout pants I'm wearing....I usually change my underwear to a thong, don't want panty lines showing when I'm doing squats and deadlifts. :-)

Same here, I dont like panty lines and it always a thong....
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Strange question, but yes.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Something about working out commando just doesn't seem like a good idea... I usually wear the same undies I wore during the day (different clothes) and then shower right after. I either work out in yoga pants or these very wide legged pants that I made for myself, and in the first, going commando isn't comfortable, because of the seam, and in the second...well, quite frankly I need more butt support.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Ugghh... I can't even imagine if I DIDN'T?! I already rock a potent swamp *kitten*... my already snail trail remains would be a fkn slip & slide on the machines.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I pretty much just wear cotton thongs so I don't have panty lines. During the summer, I might wear the Nike Tempo shorts with the built in underwear without any other additional underwear just because it is more breathable material, but this is only if I'm running outside.
  • tatertotfishstick
    tatertotfishstick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am there to workout... could care less if I have panty lines. Yes I wear panties... Couldn't imagine the sweat marks if I didn't!
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I love my Hanes, girl boxerbriefs for working out. No normal panty lines, more like shorts under my super tight yoga pants. But I mostly wear baggier pants where you wouldn't see panty lines any way. :)
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ugghh... I can't even imagine if I DIDN'T?! I already rock a potent swamp *kitten*... my already snail trail remains would be a fkn slip & slide on the machines.

LOL!! This is me....I couldn't imagine not wearing any underwear, I sweat like crazy down there as it is when I workout...so much that if I'm wearing light colored workout pants, I look like I've pissed on myself. And the snail trail every time I get up is embarrassing....
  • sammiejayne2510
    Options
    depends who is in the house....If im by myself then i just wear my underwear so i can see all the bits i dont like and that kind of my motivation....if i have my baby girl sitting watching me i put shorts on and my bra and obviously if the in laws are staying i wear a full tracksuit! :) There is nothing worse than your father in law walking in on you on a Ab circle pro in just your pants and bra :O :blushing: :laugh: