19 CALORIE CUPCAKES!

Options

Replies

• VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD THIS IS SUCH A GREAT IDEA!!! Can't wait to try this soon!!!!!!!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    This sounds horrible. I'd rather have a delicious homemade cupcake with real butter, eggs, sugar, etc. I don't care if one had 300 calories, I'll make room for a GOOD, quality treat now and then.

I totally get that.
    However, some others may not have that kind of control, so it's a good option instead of going over calories.
    And for people like me that currently aren't allowed eggs, milk, or wheat... it's a nice treat since although I would LOVE a real cupcake, I cannot have the real thing,(unless I want to bust out in hives everywhere).

There are plenty of gluten, dairy and egg free recipes. In fact, there's a cooking blog written by mom whose kids have those exact dietary restrictions. I make eggless cakes all the time because a friend's daughter has an egg allergy.

There are better alternatives to foods made with gross chemical ingredients.
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    bump
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious! How did you make the coconut milk whipped cream exactly?
    36e0fea0.jpg
  • Katesha234
    Options
    I'm new to watching calories, so this I can appreciate! I can't wait to try these... it just goes to show, you can enjoy being on a diet! thanks... keep sharing!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious! How did you make the coconut milk whipped cream exactly?

Buy a can of Full fat coconut milk, put it in the fridge over night. When you open it, it will have separated, scoop out all the top part (it'll be hardened, like a block of cream cheese or butter, don't worry), you'll be left with coconut water at the bottom that you can use in a shake or cooking or you can just pour it out. Add a little vanilla to the hardened milk and use a hand beater to beat it until fluffy!

You can add cinnamon too or if you are like me and like it a bit sweet you can add a little icing sugar. Apparently you can also add cocoa powder to make a "mousse" of sorts.

Stores in the fridge well, just like regular whipping cream.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I just made these with brownie mix. I used the Betty Crocker Family Sized Brownie Mix and a can of Diet Rite Cherry Cola. It made 68 mini muffins which worked out to 29 calories a muffin. I cooked mine at 350 for 15 minutes.
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    Bump!
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • lowkilo
    Options
    Looks great but I shouldn't look.
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Soo awesome!!
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Def trying this one! With 3 toddlers in the house- I have to get creative!
  • dizzyblondegirlie
    Options
    Any Brits made these? Which cake mix did you use and how much pop?
  • rebeccaboise
    rebeccaboise Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • htherrien0406
    Options
    These sound amazing but I thought soda was a no-no?
  • DRDancer
    DRDancer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump:love:
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Thanks, I'm going to try this with my 5 year old!
  • sondrawatkins
    sondrawatkins Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds good
  • Kanie1980
    Options
    Any Brits made these? Which cake mix did you use and how much pop?

Betty Crocker Food Mix and about half a wee bottle of D.Coke - they're very brownie-esque!

Lxx
  • rbeatty63
    Options
    Sounds good
    That's my cupcake lovin' sister! I am going to try these for sure! PS I am trying the brownies with pumpkin today. I'll keep you posted. :heart: