There are 2 kinds of people at the gym....

Options

Replies

• Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Make 'em say Uuuuuuuhhhhhh....na na na naaaaa!

No he didn't....:huh:

:laugh:

If I did go to the gym, I'd be an ipod blaster too.
  • ruskmusic
    Options
    Home for weights, and outdoors for cardio, even when it rains/snows.
    I think I would be a mix of eye of the tiger and talking though.
    That is if I didn't HATE going to a public gym.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    iPod blaring, eye of the tiger, all day everyday..............:angry:
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Depends if my gym partner is there or not. I usually watch TV. They have it to where you can plug your headphones into the machines and watch tv
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Music on my Cardio days, chat when I can on weight training days.
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Music loud or not at all, just want to get in and get my work out done. No time to sit around and chat.
  • kayleeblue
    Options
    Music blaring, the gym is not a social event, not even spinning class. Unless you're a 45 year old woman. :wink:
    Hey...don't be knocken the 45 year old women!!! lol :noway: :tongue:
  • Parks0613
    Parks0613 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have my zune a blairing and my goal for the day in sight! Eye of the tiger I am!
  • hannahwrnr
    hannahwrnr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I always felt awkward when people tried to talk to me. Especially if I was doing something where my breathing was important! Luckily (for me) I moved into an apartment complex where apparently NO ONE works out in our gym haha! Me, myself, and I :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    The people that either have there ipods in blaring and look like they have the eye of the tiger lol or the guys that do work but talk to everybody who comes in the gym. Which one are you???:)

really? Cause at my gym there is a 3rd kind of person... the ones who sit on the weight benches for a full 30 minutes - 60 minutes not using the weights at all either checking out chicks, texting or talking to his mates. Pisses me off to no end.

Edited to add : I'm the ipod person ;) cept for when using free weights, I really use my concentration so turn my music off. but wil watch TBL (when its on) when doing cardio (:
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    loud i-pod and focused. i go early in the morning and there are a number of retired older men who love to talk and visit. even if my i-pod dies i leave my headphones on and just smile and wave when i walk past them because i am on a schedule!
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I listen to my mp3 player and totally ignore everyone else.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Music blaring, the gym is not a social event, not even spinning class. Unless you're a 45 year old woman. :wink:
    Hey...don't be knocken the 45 year old women!!! lol :noway: :tongue:

i am a 46 year old woman and showed the 20 year old boys how to do handstand push-ups yesterday!
  • Doingit4me45
    Doingit4me45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I must be the mysterious 3rd type of person at the gym. I don't blare music into my ears and I don't talk to everyone... I just get on my machine, turn on the tv, work out, smile at everyone, and then go home...

I am also the same. Although I would love to be able to have music blaring. But I'm one of those weird people that don't own an iPod -_-
  • kristarablue
    Options
    90% of the time music blarring in my ears not noticing anyone or anything around me, but 10% of the time I will socialize and say hey to the people that I see daily
  • philco41
    philco41 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I take my I-pod and often listen to music or podcasts, but if I'm walking or on the treadmill and there's someone to keep me company, I find I may do twice what I intended. And I do like to say hello and visit with people I know. Of course, I'm 70 years old and not nearly as intense as many of the younger people.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Actually, that can't be 100% accurate, because I don't have an iPod/MP3 so I don't listen to music. However, I'm not a Chatty Cathy either. I don't generally speak to someone unless they speak first. When I'm at the gym, I'm focused on what I'm there to do....put a serious butt whoopin' on myself.
  • Beautybeyondmyskin
    Options
    EYE OF THE TIGER ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm only a talker when I brought my friends. I feel awkward meeting new people to begin with, and not being able to talk while running doesn't help.