Questions For Married Folks (For A Class - Help Appreciated)

Options

Replies

• jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I was 18 when I met my husband in November of 1989. We were engaged and married on 5/11/90. This May we will celebrate our 22nd anniversary.

Many people said we would not last. Sometime I don't know how we do it, but we have.
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    We are high school sweethearts, started dating at 17/18 years old, moved in together when we were 21/22, engaged at 22/23, married 23/24, still together, it'll be our two year anniversary soon, we've been together for 8 years total :)
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? 19
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? 11 months
    How old were you when you got married? 20
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? yes, been married 12yrs
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I got engaged at age 21. We had been dating for about a year but were friends for about 4 years prior to getting engaged. We got married when I was 22. (HE was 23) We will be married 10 years this September.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    A) How old were you when you got engaged?
    Me: 17
    Him: 28

B)How long had we been together before becoming engaged?
    6.5 Months (got married 1.5 months later)

C)How old were we when we got married?
    Me: 17
    Him: 28

D)Still together? (If so how long?)
    Yup. Will be our 4 year wedding anniversary in June.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I was 28 when we got together. He was 43. We got engaged when I was 29 (and pregnant)--this was about 14 months after we got together. Married on 9/3/05. Still together 6 and 1/2 years later.

(we had known each other for about five years before getting together).
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Engaged at 19, he was 22.
    Married at 20 and 24.
    We had been dating 7 months, knew each other about 18 months.
    Engagement lasted 17 months, before the big day.

This October, we celebrate 14 WONDEFUL years!
  • sandijones5783
    sandijones5783 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Engaged at 22, got married 10 months later so i was 23, we were together 2yrs when we got married, and in august we will be together 8yrs, married 6! My hubby is 2yrs younger than me.
  • bigsisterdice
    Options
    When my hubby and I got engaged we were both in college, I was 20 and he was 21. We had been together about 14 months. When we got married (7 months later) I was 21, and he was 22. We are still quite happily together 2 years, 7 months, and 2 days later :) Good luck with your assignment!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 29 and he was 32. We dated for about 2 years and were engaged for almost a year. I was 32 when we got married. In April, we will have been married for 9 years :)
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    We met in October (i was 18 he was 20), were married on valentines day 4 months later. We have been married for 26 years, still very much in Love. We have 5 children 1 son-in-law, one grandson, and another grandchild on the way....Best thing I ever did was marry him!
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    Met my first husband when I was 15. Knew him for 7 years before we got married when I was 22 and he was 24. No real engagement, just an understanding I guess. We were married only about 3 years. He was violent.

Met my second when I was 26, shortly after my divorce was final. He was 27. We knew each other for about a month before we got engaged, then were married a month later. Only knew each other for 2 months when we got married.

We have been married for 40 years later this year, and it's been a truly great marriage. No regrets.
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    started dating on April 2, 1989
    got engaged at 25 (Dec 24 1989)....he was 20
    got married Sept 2, 1990
    been married for 21.5 years....VERY HAPPILY I might add :)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Met March 2005, started dating exclusively August of 2005, married January of 2006. Quick, but he was in the Navy and being moved to a new station 1,800 miles away, so I came along as wifey.
    We have been married for 6 happy years, with 4 and 2 year old daughters.
    I was 19 at marriage, he was almost 22. Sometimes, the things we do impulsively as youngsters work out beatifically.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've got two answers for you (two marriages)

First marriage (our b-days were separated by 9 days so our ages were the same)

Met: 4/1973 (age19)
    Engaged: 4/1976 (age 22)
    Married: 7/1977 (age 24)
    Her affair discovered: 7/1984 (age 31)
    Separated: 11/1984 (age 31)
    Divorced: 1/1987 (age 34)

Second marriage:
    Met: 2/1986 (age 32, she was 39)
    Engaged: 7/1991 (age 37, she was 44)
    Married: 7/1992 (age 39, she was 45)
    Still married (20 years in July) (age 58, she is 65)
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I was 23 when we got engaged. We had only dated for three months. We were only engaged for three weeks before we got married. I have no idea what the rush was for me, but he said he was afraid if we dated any longer I wouldn't like him anymore. The big silly. We have been married for twenty years.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Met at 16 yo and instantly became great friends...started "officially" dating at 18....had child 1 and moved in at 19 yo...engaged at 23, married at 25....still together and will be celebrating 7th yr officially married in October. We would've married much sooner (his uncle is a Pastor and was asking every time he came to visit) but I had this vision of a wedding fit for a princess on Mackinac Island (which never materialized due to some obnoxious family members pissing in my Wheaties!) so ....we just waited until we were college grads and went on a cruise. ;) More info than you asked for ...but who doesn't like to talk about themselves and the loves of their lives?!? :) I'm more in love with him every day that passes. :love:

ETA: He's the same age as me.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Dated 5 years, engaged at 21 and married at 22. We're still married 9 years later.
  • AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was 21 he was 19, we kinda skipped the engagement part. When we got together we kinda just new it was going to happen so no bended knee or romantic whatever (We both are not romantics) it was just this is suppose to happen. We told my mom after 6 months of being together that we were getting married and we got married 3 months later. Our 3 year anniversary is in July and we are happy.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Got engaged at 22, 25 and 28, three different guys. Only actually followed through with marriage at 28. We'd been dating for a year and a half before we got engaged. We were engaged for 5 months before getting married, and we've been married 6 years.