Options

Replies

• mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I would have given up diet after the first week, like I always did before
  • melbaby925
    Options
    In a van down by the river.... eating deep fried Twinkies.

^^^This, except mine would be copious amounts of Taco Bell. I never did have a love for Twinkies!

Logging was never something I was successful with until I had the app on my phone. I can log while I'm preparing a meal and/or when I'm actually at a restaurant - it makes me WAY more conscious about what I'm doing.
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I would have quit weeks ago when I started suffering a plateau. I went about 3 weeks without losing and I would have NEVER had the patience to get through that without the support and motivation of my friends on this site.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I would be fat eating mcdonalds waiting to die of a heart attack.
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I would either be paying money to weight watchers (the only thing that ever worked for me before MFP) or would be getting fatter and would be eating more than I need to eat. I also would be nowhere near as strong or fit physically without MFP.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Eating a basket of Olive Garden bread sticks. :love:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    without MFP, I'd have started (like 1mil other times) lost maybe 5 lbs, get frustrated and give up (like 101 mil other times)

I never had this level of support and information. And the food journal has quite simply saved my life. bottom line: my life would be S**t without MFP.

Not to mention, half my family & friends are also eating better & getting healthier now.
    Shout out to all my friends and .. well, just everyone with MFP. Possibly one of the best things that ever happened to me in my whole entire crappy life
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    247 lbs.13598365.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not....Without MFP, I never would have tried maple Krispie Kreme donuts.
    I don't regret it, though and I can't tell you why :wink:
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    12 pounds fatter!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I would still be trying to eat healthier and get up and move more than I was. But I know I wouldn't be as successful as I have been here. I lost 7 pounds in 5 weeks already, and I can see where I'm going wrong from one day to the next. I used to log my food in a journal, but back then I was only eating about 800 calories a day thinking that I would lose more weight that way. I know better than all that now.
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I know someone already said this but it is true for me as well. I would still be almost if not over 300lbs and shoveling food into my mouth like I was never going to eat again. I would still be drinking pop all day instead of water. Thanks to MFP I feel better, look better and have more confidence in myself
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I would still be determined to lose weight, but I'd probably be eating a lot worse. I've been unsatisfied with my body for a couple years now, but MFP is the push I needed to do it for real!

ditto!
  • truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I would probably still be losing weight. I lost most of my weight on my own but no telling how much I was really eating. I think I was actually under eating if anything lol. I think I'm too dependent on MFP now *sigh* what would I do without you guys and the tools this site provides :tongue:

same here i was eating way under my calorie goal and i did that a couple of years ago and failed so this is my year to start something new for myself and see if this really works plus i love having the support of people on here that are going through the same struggles as i am it really helps
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I'd be losing, but I'd be miserable. I was restricting myself from so much food. Now on Mfp I will eat that chocolate if it fits in my calories. Being able to see my calories eaten/ burned and my macros has helped so much.
  • jlhorres
    Options
    I agree pbprincess. I like that I can have what I want as long as I keep within my calorie allowance. Congrats on 61 pounds, what an accomplishment!
  • stringqueen16
    Options
    I did HCG before this...it worked, it really really did, but it was so hard to stick to, only eating 500 cals a day with very restricted foods. It made being with other people difficult, and it made my whole day center around my diet, and I gained some of the weight back after it all. I'd probably still be losing weight, but very very slowly and I'd be eating foods that were advertised as healthy, but actually aren't. I'd be frustrated, and probably would have quit by now.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    HMMMM... still working out like (that hasn't changed), but still eating close to 2500 calories a day
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I suspect I'd still be yo-yoing up and down in weight and fitness.
    MFP has been a godsend for me.