Replies

• Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I had a tear in my eye watching One Day at the weekend
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    One song that makes me cry no mater what is "Old City Bar" by Trans Siberian Orchestra.
    That song makes me cry too. The one that always makes me cry, not like a few tears, but really cry is "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry. I have two young daughters and that song just rips my heart out.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    First time: Where the Red Fern Grows when I was 13. :sad:

Last time: Where the Red Fern Grows when I was 13. :noway:
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I served 24 years in the military and there are two things that get me....1) The playing of TAPS 2) the National Anthem

TAPS

There is a tangible feeling that Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, Coast Guards, veterans, and family members share at the playing of Taps. The uninitiated may call it romantic, but Taps doesn’t call to mind, heart or soul, the amorous feelings of love. It evokes rather poignant feelings of fealty, brotherhood, and sisterhood.

Those who have never stood in harm’s way may never fully understand the allegiant bond, the sense of loss, nor the appreciative acceptance of valor offered by those who have lived and served well in defending our nation.

I always get chocked up when it plays!
  • DBiddle69
    Options
    Opps did not take the quotes....
  • DBiddle69
    Options
    The Lion King when Mufasa dies. P.S. don't tell anybody ; )

It will be just between us!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Very well said. I can't hear Taps without thinking of all those who gave their lives in the service. Also the families whose loved ones will never come home to them :cry:
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My sons Grandfather bawled at the theater watching Shrek Happily Never After!!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    In the movie Up, when his wife died.
  • m615dan
    Options
    My dog skip
    Seven Pounds
    Marley and Me
    Transformers (Optimus can't die, He just can't!!!)
  • TiffanyDeanee
    Options
    Movies I cried to:

Breaking Dawn part 1: When Bella went into labor, cried super hard.
    2012: When all the building started falling.
    Transformers: When I thought Optimus Prime died.
    The Notebook: Cried through out the whole movie.

Basically, I'm a crier. I even cried during Friday the 13th(2009) when the guy found his sister and when the virgin girl was stabbed, I thought she was gonna make it lol.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Definitely Armageddon, especially when William Fichtner goes up to Liv Tyler & says " Miss Stamper? Col. Sharp USAF, ma'am. Requesting permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever met."

I can't even type it without tearing up.

I also agree with PS I love you & Forrest Gump.
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything against men crying at movies and what not, but I hardly every cry. A movie has to establish a deep connection between a character and myself and then put that character through all sorts of punishment (emotional or physical) that I can relate to before I cry. Maybe i'm just hardened or perhaps I am just not watching enough of the right movies.
  • wlgreen379
    Options
    How is there no mention of Rudy in this list???? That movie gets me ever freakin time! Field of Dreams, sports movies in general, Friday Night Lights (TV Show) on repeated occasions, and most Pixar movies ever released bring on the water works at some point or another. Especially Toy Story III. I had to turn it off and come back to it at a couple of times.

Another TV show that really got a hold of me is West Wing. I remember one episode where President Bartlett called Donna's teacher out of the blue, and it really got to me. Such a good show.
  • Roadkill742
    Options
    I can't argue with most of these, but there hasn't been enough "Field of Dreams" references. He gets to play catch with his father again, come on people! That should make every boy cry!
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    the movie "Up" i havent cried but it sure tries to get me!!!!

was watchin the notebook the other day (no one knows i was watching that either...) and the scene in the end almost got me too hahahahaha
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Blind Side
    Michael: Is it mine?
    Leigh Anne Tuohy: yes sir.
    Michael: Never had one before.
    Leigh Anne Tuohy: What? A room to yourself?
    Michael: A bed.

Chokes me up.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My Dad always cries watching "The Color Purple" ending and "Father of the Bride" My mom always have to tell him to stop watching becuase he bawls like a baby!!!
  • PeggysDad
    Options
    The Last Samurai had me bawling like a baby!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    There was a scene in the movie in crash where the little girl almost died. That made my heart jump. didnt liked the movie overall but that scene definitely shook me up

"A walk to remember" is a very emotional movie for me for a few personal reasons.