30 pounds to lose...anyone else want to join for support?

Options

Replies

• here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I smoked until I had my Pulmonary Embolism in Aug. I was told to quit smoking, quit taking birth control and loose weight or I wouldn't live to see my son grow up. Quite a wake up call...It was hard as my husband still smokes, but I did it.

congratulations on quitting smoking! this is awesome!
  • clarisax82
    Options
    I'll join! I need something. i can do anything for 2 weeks, but then after that I get into the old habits. I can rock south beach phase 1 for the 2 weeks, but the more "freedom" that phase 2 allows makes me lose the diet habit for some reason. I have 2 kids and can't seem to lose the baby weight from #2 who is 15 months! I'm 5'6", 170lbs, 29 years old, want to lose a good 25-30 lbs. I still can't wear my wedding ring!! so that's my main motivation, but I'm super close to that goal. I've lost about 8 lbs since Christmas.

Another problem with motivation is I want to get pregnant towards the end of the year, so it's hard to think about losing all the weight to gain it back, but I had some unhealthy weight gain (55 lbs!) with both pregnancies that I would like to avoid with #3. If I could just gain what I'm "supposed to" I would be in good shape.

Okay, motivation! Keep going! Exercise! Eat right!
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have just joined here and found your post. I also need to lose 30 pounds at least. I am 5'4", 160 pounds and 42 years old. I have 3 kids (19,13, and 9). I keep kids in my home and spend way to much time on the computer. lol. I am not very active. I have joined a gym. Just not very active with it yet. When I go, I left weights for just a little while then I get on the threadmill. I can walk a 17 min. mile. I tried running some on it the other day but that was a joke. I am sooooooo out of shape. I would like to be fit for one time in my life.

What do you eat for breakfast?? Nothing for breakfast is healthy!!!!!!!

My goal for this week is to :
    1. Get to the gym 3 times.
    2. Increase my water intake. I only get maybe 16 oz. in a day.
    3. Work on a Healthy menu for this coming week.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to meeting new people here and ALL OF US LOSING OUR WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kimrwiwi
    Options
    I am definitely in. Starting to get back into the swing of things after being diagnosed with cancer last year. Since the beginning of the year have lost 8 lbs but starting to get burnt out. I think this group would be great for the motivation.
  • kk_achieve
    kk_achieve Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    30 is my goal too and I'd love all the support I can get! Others please feel free to add me too!
  • kuddleykim
    Options
    I would like to lose 28llbs by end of May - so lets help each other out. Need encouragement and motivating. count me in for support.
  • anne018
    anne018 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    il join you! ill add you as a friend .... support is the best when losing weight
  • Shylin
    Shylin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have about 30 pounds to lose too. If anyone would like to add me please do!
  • bfhayes
    Options
    I would love to join! I am 5'11" and I am 222 lbs currently. My BMI says I need to weigh around 179 but my doctor suggests that 185 is healthier for me because I have a large frame! I have been overweight since the 3rd grade because my parents always rewarded me with food and now I tend to rely on it for emotional support (even though it gives none!). I weigh the most I have ever weighed now and I need to lose this weight in order to be healthy! I am all about support.
    17771143.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • here_I_go_again
    Options
    I have just joined here and found your post. I also need to lose 30 pounds at least. I am 5'4", 160 pounds and 42 years old. I have 3 kids (19,13, and 9). I keep kids in my home and spend way to much time on the computer. lol. I am not very active. I have joined a gym. Just not very active with it yet. When I go, I left weights for just a little while then I get on the threadmill. I can walk a 17 min. mile. I tried running some on it the other day but that was a joke. I am sooooooo out of shape. I would like to be fit for one time in my life.

What do you eat for breakfast?? Nothing for breakfast is healthy!!!!!!!

My goal for this week is to :
    1. Get to the gym 3 times.
    2. Increase my water intake. I only get maybe 16 oz. in a day.
    3. Work on a Healthy menu for this coming week.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to meeting new people here and ALL OF US LOSING OUR WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For breakfast, I either eat oatmeal with banana and no fat milk, or a nutritious cereal with a banana. I haven't really stepped out of the box for my breakfast yet as you can see
    I have to work every day to get my water intake in. I dont' why it is so hard for it, I need to do just do it. So after I get off the computer I'll be slushing down some more!
    I've tried getting into running, but just don't enjoy it, so I don't do it. I will be incorporating walking into my program after two weeks. Right now, I'm trying to concentrate on getting used to the food changes! Glad to have you with us!
  • queenB20
    Options
    Count me in!!! Joined about a month ago and loving it! :flowerforyou:
  • here_I_go_again
    Options
    I'd love to view everyones diaries, but there are alot of us now. Would you do me a favor and jot down your day's food here, I'd love to see what everyone does different. I had:

breakfast: special k with banana and no fat milk, coffee
    snack: 2 oz sirloin steak ,apple slices
    lunch: marie calender's teri. chkn meal
    dinner: 6 oz sirloin steak baked, med potato , asparagus

I need to go shopping!
    Chime in all!
    Thank you, and have a great evening! I may check back later to see if anyone posted!
  • isabellatheo32
    Options
    Hey everyone. I've been on and off this site for months (more???). I've never posted anything and don't have any "friends". I've more been using MFP as a bank account for my body... Oh, and reading everyone else's stories helps during rough patches.

I think that I'd like to start becoming more involved and get/give some more support.

Please feel free to add me :)
  • soldiergirl49
    Options
    Hi
    I would like to join you all . I need to lose at least 30 pounds. I will need a partner that will tell me what for lol
  • Nome515
    Options
    Wow! It's so awesome to see so many posts! Just reading through them is inspirational for me, so thanks to everyone! With this kind of support, we're all going to succeed! ~ Naomi :flowerforyou:
  • here_I_go_again
    Options
    Wow! It's so awesome to see so many posts! Just reading through them is inspirational for me, so thanks to everyone! With this kind of support, we're all going to succeed! ~ Naomi :flowerforyou:

You got that right! Supporting each other is what this post is all about. Please if anyone has ideas, whether it be nutrition, advice, exercise, personal inspiration, please post! Let's really support each other and show ourselves what WE can do!
  • MrsWarrior
    MrsWarrior Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    count me in.
    Im 30 5.1" and need to lose about 65 pounds

I use the app to track my calories and my eating habits
    and i'm starting www.bodyrock.tv again tonight.

If anyone has more tips please post them here.

Can we also add each other as friends and then if we don't post everyday, even if it's just to say hi,
    We can remind each other to come here.
  • here_I_go_again
    Options
    count me in.
    Im 30 5.1" and need to lose about 65 pounds

I use the app to track my calories and my eating habits
    and i'm starting www.bodyrock.tv again tonight.

If anyone has more tips please post them here.

Can we also add each other as friends and then if we don't post everyday, even if it's just to say hi,
    We can remind each other to come here.

Of course! Add away!
  • MrsWarrior
    Options
    i just heard a good one.
    If you are full but there's still food on your plate and you don't want to throw it away, think about this.

If you don't put it in the waste, it's going ON your waist.
  • MrsWarrior
    Options
    oops. double post