Working mom needs kid friendly crock pot recipe's!!

Replies

• bump
  • This woman's site has AMAZING, low-fat, and simple foods. Have tried so many, and many are fast and/or crock pot.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    these look great!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    My kids really like when I toss boneless chicken breasts or thighs in the crockpot, with your favorite BBQ sauce and a can of pineapple chunks. YUM!
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Try the Skinny MS recipes for slow cooker/crockpot

www.skinnyms.com and choose 'slow cooker' category on right

Also on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/SkinnyCrockPot

www.skinnytaste.com
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    bumping for later
  • bump :)
  • ranster78
    ranster78 Posts: 1 Member
    My kids love :
    -apricot chicken (chicken, pkt dry french onion soup and can of apricot nectar),
    -salsa shicken (chicken, jar of salsa and some sour cream),
    -orange pork (pork, orange juice and hoisin sauce),
    -lots of Indian dishes that I use the sauce out of a packet (Passage to India is my favorite brand and they do great mango chicken, butter chicken and a korma)
    -My local supermarket sells sauces specifically designed for slow cookers, most of these are yummy, easy to prepare and you can find some that arent too bad on the calories
    -Massaman beef (beef, onion, massaman paste, coconut milk, brown sugar, potatoes and peanuts)
  • DADMUTH
    DADMUTH Posts: 7 Member
    what does bump mean?
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    That macaroni look yummy :D
    Bump means to save for later so you can go back cause it gets saved in your thread comments for later viewing.

Not 100% healthy but I love crockpot cheeseburgers. I didn't put ALL ingredients from recipe but still super delicious and I used ground turkey. Plus you can still make a healthy side or cut some veggies up and add to the mix. Like the thread said they really do taste like Mcdonald's cheeseburgers.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/228507-crock-pot-cheeseburgers-w-pics
  • DADMUTH
    DADMUTH Posts: 7 Member
    so how do you bump something.
  • JessMason24
    JessMason24 Posts: 38 Member
    My kids really like when I toss boneless chicken breasts or thighs in the crockpot, with your favorite BBQ sauce and a can of pineapple chunks. YUM!
  • JessMason24
    JessMason24 Posts: 38 Member
    bump
    Homemade Mac and cheese IN A CROCKPOT!!!!

(I use WW noodles)

1 1/2 cups milk
    One 12 oz can evaporated milk (I used skim, evaporated milk keeps the egg and milk from curdling)
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled to room temp
    3 large eggs
    1/2 tsp salt
    3 cups (12 oz) shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend, recipe calls for Italian fontina cheese)
    1/2 pound elbow macaroni or mini penne tubes, par cooked and drained (this means cook them for about five minutes until tender but not completely cooked)
    Freshly ground black pepper to taste
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Spray the inside of your slow-cooker with cooking spray or grease it with olive oil. Combine milk, evaporated milk, eggs, butter, and salt in slow-cooker and whisk until until smooth (or you can use an immersion blender to do the whisking for you). Add the shredded cheese (not the Parmesan) and macaroni, sprinkle with black pepper (and whatever other spices you want to use). Stir gently with a spatula to coat evenly. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
    After 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to LOW and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until custard is set in the center and the pasta is tender. The macaroni and cheese may sit in the cooker on the KEEP WARM setting for 30 minutes before serving. Serve and enjoy! '

IMG_0164.jpg
  • hotmama1174
    hotmama1174 Posts: 109 Member
    ooooo thanks for the question and ideas-I love MFP support. you are all awesome!!!!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    bump... need some recipes for two working people.
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Bump...I need some of these too
  • tatertotfishstick
    tatertotfishstick Posts: 91 Member
    Go To Chicken

4 chicken breast (I use bone in)
    1/4 onion (vidalia)
    1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or stock
    spices of your choice (I use varitey of mrs dash, whatever I am in the mood for)

Cover on low 4 hours.... the chicken is so moist and just falls off the bone. I serve with brown rice and steam veggies.
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Bump for sure!
  • bump
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Put a pork sirloin in the crockpot. Dump a jar of salsa on it - red, green, whichever you like. Doesn't matter which brand. Cover and cook on low all day. Shred meat and serve with rice or tortillas.