Build to 200 situps challenge

Options
I tried to find a thread for this through the search engine, but the ones I could find were all a few months old.... So... I'm starting this programme today, if anyone wants to play along:

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/week1.html

I've just done week 1 day 1, column 3

15, 18, 10, 10. 14

Replies

• mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm in I was going to look for a thread on this today.
  • blantonjm1
    blantonjm1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am in. I am going to start this tonight. thanks for the post.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am in, 4 weeks ago I couldn't do 1 sit up. Last week, with help my friend got me to do 4 sets of 20 but it wasn't pretty. I'd like to be able to do 200! I know planks also help build up your core strenth and will help you with sit ups.
  • cunokyle
    cunokyle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Going to start this!
  • Tams297
    Options
    really need the motivation here - wanted to start building up sits up (and push-ups) in feb but slacked off way too quickly. Will get on it tonight :smile:
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Just as a word of warning I went from nothing to doing 200 daily due to my personal trainer thinking i am made of tougher stuff. DONT DO THIS IT HURTS!
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Just as a word of warning I went from nothing to doing 200 daily due to my personal trainer thinking i am made of tougher stuff. DONT DO THIS IT HURTS!

That's what muscles do at times when working them above and beyond their norm... they get sore and it hurts.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options

That's what muscles do at times when working them above and beyond their norm... they get sore and it hurts.
    lol you don't need to tell me!!!! :)
  • sunnysweetpea
    sunnysweetpea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I really need to build up my core strenght for an event I'm doing in May. Thanks for sharing. It's been a while since I did proper sit ups. Will have to see how many I can do tonight :S
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    And when we get done there's this;

http://hundredpushups.com/

I'd forgotten about both of these until I saw this post! Time to get busy!! :wink:
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'll give this a go. I'll start tonight and see how many I can do! I'm guessing that it'll probably be less than 2 lol

Edit: Just read the "What is a sit-up" part of the site, and it says it uses crunches, which is what I do each day anyway (I did 50 this morning!). I'm not entirely certain that I've been doing them completely correctly, so I'll follow exactly what it says on the site and see how I do.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

Lol, definitely not jumping straight into 200.

And yes demonangel, it's crunches, as they're safer for the spine (if you do a full sit up with bad form, you can proper hurt yourself.... ). If you're up to 50, you might want to start on week 2 or 3 - have a look at the reps and see which one looks most like you....

I guess people could mix it up as they wish though - if you wanted to do bicycle crunches instead, or whatever, I'm sure it would be fine.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    And when we get done there's this;

http://hundredpushups.com/

I'd forgotten about both of these until I saw this post! Time to get busy!! :wink:

I started that 2 weeks ago - there's a thread about somewhere. It's actually really good, but quite tough. I did week three today and really knew I was doing it!

ETA - here's the pushups thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/479429-pushups-challenge
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    ok, i"m in
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    I'm keen to join! Abbs are my weakest muscle group, and I do anything to avoid working on them, (my best excuse is that I workout so hard everyday, I'm too knackerd to do abbs too). This should get me going though.:flowerforyou:
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I'm keen to join! Abbs are my weakest muscle group, and I do anything to avoid working on them, (my best excuse is that I workout so hard everyday, I'm too knackerd to do abbs too). This should get me going though.:flowerforyou:

This is *exactly* the same as me... :-)
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Done week 1 day 1, column 2

9, 9, 6, 6, 20
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm in...might as well since I'm also doing the pushups with you!?

Just done W1 D1 column 3,
    15, 18, 10, 10, 18
  • meerkat70
    Options
    well done everyone who's done day 1!
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    week 1, Day 1, column 3

15 18 10 10 14