Replies

• danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like Fage mixed with 2T sugar free raspberry preserves. YUM
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I don't like it plain. I like the Chiobani with the fruit in in. Also- not super healthy, but oh so good- the kind with the honey! Its a good treat, super tasty!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I recently switched from using Dannon Fat Free Plain yogurt to Oikos Fat Free Plain Green yogurt because it has 2x the protein. I really like it, except the price is 2x as much too! :huh:

I use it on my salads, with some balsamic vinegar and several twists of McCormick Italian Herb Seasoning grinder.
    Also mixed with salsa as a dip and in place of sour cream on chili, etc.

For "sweet" I liek it with a spoon of polaner all fruit (no sugar added) and some toasted slivered almonds. I personally like the contrast of sweet and tart, and I love the thickness of it.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oh Greek yogurt... let me count the ways:

1) Smoothies! My go-to breakfast smoothie: 1/2 c. greek yogurt, protein powder, frozen fruit, handful of baby spinach, TBSP peanut butter and half a scoop of protein powder w/ water.

2) Cereal! I'm not a huge cereal fan, but I make my own low-sugar granola that I love to mix into greek yogurt with fresh fruit.

3) Overnight oats!

4) Healthy veggie dip. Any veggie dip you'd make with sour cream, just sub greek yogurt instead! (I actually do this for any recipe that calls for sour cream or mayo)

5) Mix in a scoop of protein chocolate powder to make a pudding-like snack.

6) Use Greek yogurt in protein bread or protein pancakes.
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's sooooo much better than Yoplait! So far I've tried and loved the Key Lime and Strawberry. The Organic is just nasty. Took one bite and had issues getting it down. *shutters*
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I like Fage 0% Fat...I think the Chobani is too sweet. I love the cherry blend, the strawberry blend and mango blend for the stuff that comes with the fruit. For the 2% I lurve the cherry kind.

I am, however, a cheap a-hole, so I just get the large tub of it at Costco and I'll blend frozen strawberries witht some agave nectar and eat that with the yogurt. I also like fresh fruit with some agave nectar with it.

I also use it as a stand in for sour cream in recipes.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time a couple of days ago. I didn't care for it plain, but I added a bit of strawberry jam to it and thought it was quite yummy.
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Chobani vanilla non-fat with sliced almonds and blueberries. Sometimes I'll add it to my smoothie too.
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani Plain Nonfat. I just eat it plain and I love the taste. I NEVER buy flavored yogurt. If I want it to be flavored then I add a packet of Stevia and some vanilla and top it with berries. I also use it in cooking and baking. Greek yogurt is awesome.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    All I buy now is the plain Greek yogurt (Fage 0%) and add in my own flavor. The ones with fruit already packaged is way too sweet for me.

I often mix the yogurt with:

• Sugar-free jello mix (butterscotch, cheesecake, strawberry, lime, etc). They will vary from 5 -25 cals and really nothing else in it except some sodium. Super tasty especially when I have a sweet tooth or am looking for a dessert.

• BP2 peanut butter, sometimes adding hershey's lite syrup

• Protein powder, often Berry or Vanilla. Sometimes chocolate...

• Real fruit like blueberries or strawberries

• Add it to protein shakes to make them more creamy + more protein

• Use it as a substitution for mayonnaise, sour cream and some cheeses in recipes

I lovelovelovelovelove plain Greek yogurt. Might be one of my foods "if I was stranded...."
  • jarrodc
    jarrodc Posts: 102
    Options
    Option 1: Vanilla bean greek yogurt _OR_ Greek yogurt with vanilla essence _WITH_ blueberries.

Option 2: Egg & Greek yogurt crêpes (I posted the recipe here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/498846-low-calorie-breakfast-ideas )
  • lucky_74
    Options
    I mix 3/4 cup of greek yogurt with a pack of stevia to sweeten it without adding extra calories. I also throw in some chocolate chips, sliced almonds about a teaspoon of cinnamon and sometimes 1 sliced strawberry. It takes like dessert!!!
  • allana3uk
    allana3uk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fage, or Total for those in Europe, is awesome. I like it plain or with a drizzle of honey/sugar-free jam/nut butter mixed in. When I was doing Weight Watchers, I used to use it in my moussaka topping to cut down on the amount of cheese needed and it was really, really good.

But! The best use for Greek yoghurt is in food processor/blender ice-creams. It has just the right amount of creaminess to turn frozen fruit into a luscious faux ice-cream.
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I like it plain, as a dip. Or with dill / chives, again as a dip. It's also lovely with some honey :D
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I use plain greek yogurt, with salsa makes a wonderful dip, also in place of mayo in tuna sandwiches, and in recipes, for liquid./with fruit etc in smoothies and just like sour cream on baked potatoes and on Mexican food.

I'd never thought to mix it with salsa before! What a great idea!

I'm a huge fan of anything chobani--their new apple cinnamon flavor tastes so decadent it's like a dessert for me!
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    0% Plain Chobani with a bit of sea salt, and also I love the big container of 0% plain chobani mixed with onion soup as a dip for my veggies (waaaay less calories than fat free sour cream based dips).

Sometimes instead of salt, I'll use a stevia packet, but I am usually not a sweet craver. I do like the fruit flavored 0% chobanis sometimes for breakfast once in a while. :)
  • mzpharrell
    mzpharrell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Black Cherry Chobani yogurt is the BEST..in my opinion.!:)
  • indisguise
    Options

4) Healthy veggie dip. Any veggie dip you'd make with sour cream, just sub greek yogurt instead! (I actually do this for any recipe that calls for sour cream or mayo)

Ooh great idea - I'll have to try that!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    bump