Body Fat Percentage Calculator

Options
Met a new friend last night, and we started talking. He lamented that there was no way he could be 37% body fat. So I hauled myself out of bed and googled. (gosh, I love google!)
This is what I found.

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html?ic=2202

Please tell me what you think, and for the love of fitness and nutrition, please use actual measurements. Guesstimating isn't accurate.

(by the way, mine said 19.2, rounding up to 19.8% for operator error, this is about where I I thought I was based on how I look and feel)

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    great tool!!! mines 31%... youre my hero!!!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    great tool!!! mines 31%... youre my hero!!!

You know I adore you, right? You have survived so many trimmings of the friends' list, you probably have no idea
    :heart:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I guesstimated and then used a ribbon, ruler and Sharpie (for now, while I'm at work, wit hno measuring tape!) but will re-do when I get home and can be much more accurate. So, my guesstimate said 19.5% and the other web-site I used said 20.8%.

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

Pretty cool, but I can't wait to get home and do REAL measurements and see how much it changes... Thanks Tracy!!
  • supertracylynn
    Options

This is what the Navy uses and I don't think it's too accurate based on the fact that I have strong legs and an athletic upper body.

It says I'm 22.4%
  • andygettinfitt
    Options
    "You have 35.5% body fat.

You have 106.5 Pounds of fat and 193.5 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water)."
    taken from the website, all I gotta say, damn Im fat lol
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Here's what mine says:
    You have 18.1% body fat.

You have 29.1 Pounds of fat and 131.9 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

That just seems too low based on my appearance. I think I'm more around 22%, but I do have some loose skin due to being so heavy for so long, so it's possible that it is lower than I think it should be.

Regardless, it's a good tool to gauge progress over time.
  • supertracylynn
    Options

I used to be 218 and 43% body fat. What does that say about me? :tongue:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

This is what the Navy uses and I don't think it's too accurate based on the fact that I have strong legs and an athletic upper body.

It says I'm 22.4%

good, I'll stick with yours!
  • supertracylynn
    Options
    Mine says 18.1% but that just seems too low based on my appearance. I think I'm more around 22%, but I do have some loose skin due to being so heavy for so long, so it's possible that it is lower than I think it should be.

My loose skin used to be pretty bad, yours will tighten over time
    :flowerforyou:
  • andygettinfitt
    Options

I used to be 218 and 43% body fat. What does that say about me? :tongue:
    that you are amazing!
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    BUMP
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Here's what mine says:
    You have 18.1% body fat.

You have 29.1 Pounds of fat and 131.9 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

That just seems too low based on my appearance. I think I'm more around 22%, but I do have some loose skin due to being so heavy for so long, so it's possible that it is lower than I think it should be.

Oh, and it was around 56% when I started.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    The first calculator says 13%. The second says 15%. The scale says 17%. I say they all seem a bit low.
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    bump - I'd like to look at this when I get home. I have a scale that supposedly measures body fat percentage. I'd like to know if it's in the ballpark...
  • lifeisadancefloor
    lifeisadancefloor Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    thanks!!
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Bumppp!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Bumping to do this when I get home.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options

It says I'm 22.4%

The Navy one is crap. The hubs was @ 4% body fat when he went in, but because of the way they calculate, he had to go on a diet for being "overweight".

This one may be overly kind to those of us with slimmer legs.. It puts me at 26.2%, which it probably at least 3-6% low, since most of my fat hangs out on my torso. (We meet again, back fat...)
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    bump!