Is there anyone that eats more than 1200 calories a day??

Options

Replies

• determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I set it at 1430 + exercise cals. I was at 1,300 and was a starving, grumpy person.
  • reyoflight
    Options
    I have 2140 per day ... I normally don't ever get that far into it though. On a regular not-workout day my breakfast is about 385 calories, lunch is about the same, and dinner is about 500 or so ... and I do snack on fruits, almonds, brazilian nuts ... anything healthy really. Every so often I indulge and eat a low calorie pudding or jello, or maybe a weight watchers snack ... anything low calorie and low sugar or sugar free. Lots and lots of water help me out too! On workout days I eat just a little more for lunch just because Im super hungry and my little lunch never satisfies me ...
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1810 right now, I usually end up eating about 2100 after exercise. I'm doing Turbofire and weights so if I don't eat enough I end up getting a migraine. I have mine set to lose 1 lb. a week but usually end up losing 2 lbs. I will continue this unless I stop losing weight, I don't see the point in eating less right now!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I withered away to nothing netting 700-900 cals. Never again. right now I eat anywhere from 2100-2500 cals a day.
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1450 but found myself eating waaaaay less...so i am making sure that i at least intake the required...i noticed im not as tired....run down...im actually FUELING my body
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I eat like 2,000 and over, Don't have a specific limit. Just don't like to go over my calorie goal.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think 1200 calories is not too little for an obese female or small stature obese men, when I was super fat and started this 1200 worked great for me and it's advised by lots of nutritionists for the obese, now that I'm pretty much to me goal and at a normal weight I find 1450 or so works much better. But I doubt it would have then, I think a lot depends on tweaking it for you specifically via trial and error.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I am at 1640 + exercise cals (which usually brings me up to 2000-2500). I am gaining a little bit, but it's muscle, I'm on high protein diet and pretty intense workout schedule. I'm a muscular size 4/6 at 152# and 5'2" tall. And I simply can't eat less.. my muscles demand to be fed.
  • malibukaty11
    malibukaty11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have only been netting about 1200 for awhile now, not because I was trying, just because I eat every 2 hours and I am just not that hungry. I have been slowly gaining lol. So I just upped my net this week and am going to try to eat more. I think MFP sets it really low. Now matter how I set it if I say I want to lose a pound a week it drops me to 1200 so I manually upped it and am going to make sure to eat my exercise calories.
  • Siena_Risley_13
    Options
    3200-3400 give or take, but I'm gaining.

I lose at a great pace at about 2250-2400.
    WHAT THE HECK!!! I CAN ONLY EAT 1292:ohwell:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    i am on the primal diet, 1700-2000 calories a day with less than 75 g carbs
    losing an average of 1 - 2 pounds a week if i stay under carbs
    gotta feed your body!!

Very contradicting statement there. Gotta feed your body but you limit your carbs. Interesting, really.
  • heatherk625
    Options
    Mine is set for 1350. I started out at 1420 but when I lost about 10 or 15 lbs it dropped down to 1350. I had to adjust to that which is not really too bad. I exercise usually everyday except fridays and saturdays. But some days if I'm really hungry I'll exercise more to earn back calories. I hate it when my number goes in the red! LOL it does happen though and I move on.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    1500-1900 a day on average, and I have lost almost 25! :) I could NEVER do 1200 haha
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Per my friend who is a biochemist, and whom I trust and has helped me lose 43# to-date:
    TO LOSE weight, a person should be eating their weight +0, so I'm at 170 now so I eat 170+0 = 1,700 cals a day to LOSE.. I also eat back at least 60% of my exercise calories.. now this doesn't happen all the time but I always eat at least 1700 a day. I lose 1-2 pounds a week. I'm a happy person at this number and I like the person I'm becoming =)
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Everyone should be! I feel sick if I eat under 1300 a day
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I lost easily at 1450/day (PLUS exercise cals!), and I've always been small (started losing when I was around 130lbs). I'm maintaining now, eating 2100 or a little more. I'm now a big proponent of bumping calories UP when weight loss stalls, not down.
  • alesiacmoreno
    Options
    I only use 1200 as my base. And though I'm about 80% good to sticking to it, my limit is 2000 (on a normal day :) ) .. I've been using MFP since Jan 1st and the fluctuation has not affected me negatively.. Oh, I also exercise :) ...
  • wimbels
    wimbels Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer gave me a 1500 meal plan which I manage to do really well with. Combined with daily exercise I've been coming in under my calories on here a lot, usually at about 1445. I don't think I could manage a strict 1200 calorie limit for very long, no matter how strong I think I am!
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have decided to try eating my BMR, 1490ish instead of the 1230 that mpf told me. I am not eating my exercise calories. But I only burn about 600-900 a week from exercise. Just started this on Sunday. We will see how it goes.
  • Dannosjourneytofit
    Options
    I am at 1510 right now. I was confused about where to set my calorie goal so I talked to my dr and she said 1500 was good for me (i was at 288lbs at the time) she said not to go below 1200.