Monthly Food Expenses

Options
124»

Replies

• TheDreadedJynx
    Options
    With just my husband and I, we spend around $500 a month. I think I need help. XD
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    Im wondering how much everyone else is spending monthly with all your food that you buy at the grocery store plus supplements.

I try to trim the fat from my spending when it comes to food but it's not easy when you go to WF's and Trader Joes.

Please share.

I know with protein I am spending about 600 bucks a month on food and thats not including beer, alcohol or dining out(which I RARELY do).

Can you guys please share?

I do about 95% of my shopping at Trader Joe's and I spend $475 on food for a family of 5 (2 adults, two young kids and a baby).

And TJ's is far from a bargain outlet.
  • Sadore
    Sadore Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    We are a family of 3 and I spend roughly $400/month on basic foods which includes a produce delivery box and local dairy products (cheese, yogurt, milk) in winter and a CSA box that includes eggs in the summer. I shop at Trader Joes and Kroger but almost all of our meat comes from a local farm. I also buy bulk dry goods (wheat berries, grains, beans, sugar, coconut oil, etc) from an Amish market with great prices! I cook mostly from scratch, grow a garden and can a ton of food in the warmer months, and try to eat a clean diet of organic foods. Our budget can creep closer to $500 if I don't plan well and hit the farm and the Amish market in the same month. I keep a fully stocked pantry and a deep freezer full of homemade, prepared foods so I'm never tempted to run out for fast food when I don't feel like cooking. I also plan meals monthly and stick to it. I'd like to cut our budget back a bit because just a year or so ago it was closer to $300 but I just can't. I do cut back to about $50/week for a few weeks when things get tight and eat from the pantry.
  • zumbamommaof4
    zumbamommaof4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    LOL, I feel your pain . I have 4 boys. Twins who are 20, an 18 year old and an 11 yr old. I coupon a lot so that saves money.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'd venture to say I spend about $150 a month for just myself. Supplements make up almost half of that bill. Lucky for me I don't mind a repetitive diet, keeps the cost down.