EGG--CELLENCE For Easter!! (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    julidav - You are doing fantastic with your weight loss! Even better knowing all that you have going on. :-( Are you doing the high protein/low carb thing or something else?

kcthatsme I am just counting calories. I do have mfp set to sedatary and to lose one pound per week. I log my exercise. Watch emotional eating because that has played a big role for my weight gain to begin with( eating because you are bored, eating to stay awake etc..). I do log cleaning as exercise since it is not included in sedatary. I am sure that there are days that I do not log everything I do in the exercise either because I do not know how to log it or that I'm satisfied (hunger wise) at the end of the day.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Missed it!! Sorry I was sick and completely forgot!! 257 if you need it for next week. That's 3.5lbs lost.... I think I might have won this week if I hadn't flaked...darn! Congrats to everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    good morning all,

sorry that i didnt post, kristen.....last week i had bronchitis, and i was preparing for an estate sale, ....i managed to get through it all, do feel better, but might return to the doctor, because cough is still bad......i havent weight myself(that might be a good thing)since i have been eating like crazy(I AM COMFORT FOOD EATER)....so i am back to logging everything i eat and back to basic....this week will be difficult as well since i will be finishing the packing that remains....

on a positive note the estate sale was a success, so i am happy about that.....i will try and post during the week to keep encouraging one another....

congrats to all the loser,:flowerforyou:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    okay i've decided that i need to get back into this thread and the amazing women on it and get involved in the conversations....i apologizing for being a "drop a weight update and go kinda gal lately"....

Rosie - sorry about your hubby - hope you find the balance you need and continue on your journey to good health...

Ncytiz - awesome job losing while on vacation but mostly for recognizing that YOU CAN LOSE while on vacation...

Aerdna88 - great job seeing the light at the tunnel and not getting caught up in not making your SHORT term goals....

Amybyexample - how is your ankle doing??? have you tried "closing" the kitchen at a certain time - literally turn all the lights off - go to "bed" or at least your room to watch some TV or pick up an activity that will keep your hands busy so you cant snack?? scrapbook, needlepoint, computer work, reading....

shirley88 - glad you are back from your vacation...CUBA huh??? good work getting back into the swing and not jumping on the scale until you know you'll be "okay"....

ladypersia - glad to see you are back on the downward track again....feeling better?? getting your workouts in will surely help your mood/depression.....take care...

1armymom1 - maybe water retention in your muscles from the "extra" workouts....give it a few days to level out - BUT stay the course for sure....

nekosimba - try upping your cals for a week to jump start your metabolism....i guess i have "unofficially" been on a plateau since last july - i'm hovering in the mid 170s ever since then - BUT my body has been changing and that is all that matters to me at this point...the number on the scale will come when it comes....

poopoomonkey1 - good luck with the olivia method....i've been doing it for about a month i guess...can't say it isnt working but not sure how much it is working since my weight has been fluctuating so much...mostly water weight i think so i guess i can say it is working lol...it's just another way to "SEE" the cals on your tracker....join the group if you havent already...

gmomlyn - you are a great grandma.....i wish i had someone in my life like you when i was a kid...i had a great grandma but you are soooo active in their lives and that is amazing.....way to go :)

dixiedreg - i'm sorry for your frustration.....i dont have any other words of wisdom to offer other than what has been said already....stick it out.....try the olivia method...eat more....work out less.....work out more...change your workouts......get your water in......i just know that i have been "stuck" in the 170s since last july but i'm not giving up...just forging on and getting the best out of me each and every day...

christinehetz - same as above note to dixiedreg....

mrsgstone - love that you see the silver lining in being the DD...i do that too lol and enjoy not having to count the calories in drinks :) dont get me wrong, i have an occasional glass of wine but why drink your cals when you can eat them :)

dajndae - nice job losing with Bday festivities this week....

vallejos6 - your mini goal is attainable...work it this week for sure...

raindropwishes - excellent loss this week...way to work it...

bellamia88 - you can get it back this week.....stay the course...

eksb - have you thought about moving your weigh in day - it might help you mentally not to have the MONDAY pressure of a "bad" weigh in...just a thought???

sanifrey - freaking water weight sucks *kitten*....i too suffer from the sodium monster on too many occasions....

shickam062604 - nice job staying on track...

sallycc - feel better...

trimformecmb - hang in there...i promise it will work itself out.....

kcthatsme - you are rocking your weighins....so amazing with so little left to lose...great job...

time2getfit4life - you and me both with the freaking 170s...seriously when i see 16SOMETHING i will do the biggest damn happy dance there is......i just can NOT get there right now....i'm going to get there eventually but seriously i feel your pain girl.....

sew1222 - push it girl...you can get there by next week for sure...

darina23 - you are ahead of schedule....you are doing great...

jllipson - isnt unplanned maintenance great lol???

sailingsal - how much longer on crutches???

roni_m - sorry you didnt make the chart but that loss is wonderful...

pam3 - good luck with your packing and i hope you feel better soon....

to those i didnt personally comment on - you are doing awesome and i am glad that i am still a part of this group....i love seeing all of you hitting your mini goals and/or getting to them early.....you are doing awesome....

denise
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    sew1222 - Good luck!

Darina23 - Hope you feel better soon!

rosiebug - Thanks for our challenge!

Sailingsal - Yay for the hip getting better!

julidav - It is so interesting how bodies are different from each other. I too have MFP set to sedentary, etc. but I couldn't lose weight like you to save my life! Even when I was younger, I couldn't.

Roni_M - Nice loss!

Pam3 - Good luck with all you have planned!

bluiz13 - Thanks for your post!
  • shickam062604
    shickam062604 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge rosiebug! This will definitely be a tough challenge, but I am determined to beat it! Thanks ladies for all your support. This group is awesome!:flowerforyou: Oh and as much as I hate Jillian Michaels....haha not really but she definitely kicks my butt, I am starting up 30 DS again. I definitely need to get my stomach toned again. Also, I was wondering as far as scales go. I am part of a challenge at our local college and their scale is weighing me around 158 where my scale is weighing up to 5 more pounds than that. Their scale is definitely more high tech, but not sure really which one to go with. We have been given the opportunity to join some various classes, one is kickboxing, toning, etc and I am super excited. It is a one time class, but still excited to try something new!
  • mrsgstone
    mrsgstone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Some great losses were posted this week, I am impressed! I had a quick question. I noticed as I have dropped the weight I have been having a harder and harder time staying within my recommended carb limits. Any suggestions/tips? Is it something to worry about? Any advice/suggestions would be great. Thanks!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi All! This week is time for me to focus & get this weight loss train moving again! I abandoned my walking cast today, and feel "ok" - my ankle has been fine, but now w/end of day is a bit achy - if sore tomorrow, I will go back to the boot. I did get in some exercises today (yay!), so I think that's a pretty good result (taking it slow).

So happy this week's challenge is avoid emotional eating, as that is one of my big downfalls of late. I am 100% on board!

I hope my comments below make sense - I can't always read my short-hand, so if I have something goofed up, sorry!

nekosimba - rooting for you to push thru plateau

denise - you are making great steady progress!

poopoomonkey - good luck with the olivia method!

Lynn - wow - you are sooo busy! It is hard to get anything done with little ones afoot!

Natalie - sorry that you are stuck! try taking measurements & see if you have progress on that front :)

christinehetz - rooting for you to bust thru to the next decade!

redbird - mini-goal, here you come!

michelle - you are doing so well!!

Yasmin - sorry the calorie adjustment didn't work out in your favor - hopefully you can find a good middle ground

dajndae - woo hoo on hitting your mini-goal ahead of schedule!

sense - you are sooo close to your mini-goal! You can do it!

Veronica - the weekends can be a dangerous place. Can you plan your meals & snacks in advance to avoid "browsing" in your fridge/cupboard where in a moment of weakness you might not make the best decision?

Samara - amazing!!!

bellamia88 - fresh start this week - let's do this!

elle - glad your scale is headed back in the right direction

ana - here's to a fabulous new week!

Nancy - Eggcellent vacation triumph!

Andrea - hoping the 30 day shred gets you the results you are looking for

jody - great work getting back on track

cmpettey - yay on the loss!

Sandy - thou shalt stay away from the salt! :0)

Shickam062604 - great work getting back on track

Sally - hope you feel better!

christine - hang in there! It can be so frustrating, but you WILL do this! :)

sew122 - sorry your boyfriend was being a butthead :(

Kristen - you are such an amaziing leader & inspiration! Way to go!

olga - hope you feel better

jewcybaby - nice loss this week!

b757 - great progress!

Charmaine - hope you can ditch those 170's ASAP!

Rosiebug - thanks for the challenge!

stacyb - great job on the loss this week

Jennifer - you will be down next week!

sailingsal - glad your hips are doing better!

Roni - 3.5#'s is amazing!

Pam - hope you feel better! Glad the estate sale went well!

Wooo - we have a big group! Best bunch of losers I ever wanted to challenge with!

Hugs all!

Amy
  • 1ArmyMom1
    Options
    I just want to say that you ladies on here are GREAT!! The time you take to encourage, respond, and inspire... you are all wonderful!

I'm actually starting to get a little worried about myself... I have lost 43 lbs so far but since January - NOTHING!!!
    I have done this before & I know what to do and I am doing all the right things... I can understand even a couple of weeks of plateauing due to muscle gain, water retention, etc. My worry is that maybe while losing weight I'm actually having some unexplained weight gain (if that makes sence)... I have been a lot more bloated/gassy and sometimes feeling sick to my stomach... I'll give it a couple of weeks more and then see my doctor if there is no improvement and/or weight loss.

Keep up the great work... you all inspire me!!! Have a wonderful rest of your week!!
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Off crutches and hips doing much better, down to 'normal' painkillers instead of strong ones and able to get around and do more. Trying to watch eating more closely as still not able to do my usual level of exercise. But feeling much better. Thanks for support!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    shickam062604 - Good luck with the 30 DS! I'd go with your scale, since it is the one that you have access to all the time. If you don't think it's accurate, you can always get another one.

mrsgstone - Here is something I just read on MFP last night...

"I read this today in the magazine All You Health and Fitness. I thought it helps demystify metabolism effects (I've paraphrased and condensed the article):
    ~when you eat unprocessed foods, your metabolism gets a boost
    ~700 calorie meal of real food = body burns 140 calories. 700 calories of processed food = body burns 75 calories
    ~ your body burns 30% of the calories from protein-filled fare, 10% from carbohydrates and 5% from fat
    ~ eat 3 oz of chicken (140 calories) you burn 42 calories. Eat the same amount of calories (140) of candy, you'll only burn 14!

Bottom line: we count calories, but but you'll slim down more easily of those calories are from whole, natural foods and lean protein rather than processed products."

AmyByExample - Thanks for all of your comments!

1ArmyMom1 - Good luck with whatever is going on with your body.

Sailingsal - Glad you're doing better!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Day 2 out of my walking cast & my ankle is doing pretty good! I even took a 25 minute walk around the neighborhood. I've been doing some "core" exercises (planks, abdominal work, etc) each night this week as well. I'm sneaking in a quick trip to the YMCA tonight (work 'til 5, son has hockey game 5:30-6:30 & hubby leaves for job#2 @ 8PM - so YMCA 6:45-7:45. Then I'll try to do some more "core" exercises at home after the kiddos go to bed (luckilly they are off of school so I can let them stay up a little later for some Quality time since I'm gone all day - oooh how I miss them on long days like this!)

1ArmyMom1 - sorry to hear the scale is not moving - how very frustrating! Have you tried mixing things up? Trying a different exercise routine, adding more cardio, working in some strength training.... or mixing up your foods - the tips Kristin gave were excellent. Hang in there!

SailingSal - glad your hips are doing better!

Kristin - those are EXcellenT tips!! I hadn't read that before - so it is all the more motivation to eat "real" foods!

Have a wonderful day all!
    Amy :0)
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    thanks everyone for the support! and the boost to be down at least one pound by monday!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Still trying to get in the swing of things after vacation. Motivation was a little lacking.
    I did manage to walk and ride my bike this week. I have to get more exercise going.
    My eating pattern is better and now I am adding 1/2 grapefruit to my meals to burn fat.

Good Luck next week everyone !!
  • shickam062604
    Options
    1Army1Mom- Are you doing the same routine of exercise? Are you eating the same amount of calories all the time? Maybe try changing it up to confuse your body. Hope you can figure it out.

sailingsal-Glad you are doing better and able to start moving more. Keep going!

I am so happy to be actively back to this group. I can't wait for the weigh in Monday, as I am hoping to show more improvement on the scale! Good luck to you ladies this weekend, stay strong! It is worth it!
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Great to read the posts. Thankfully I am feeling better. Looking forward to next week's weigh in and still hoping I can meet my February goal. I have been doing different exercise since I haven't gotten to the gym. Yesterday I went for a walk after dinner and tonight I just danced for about 30 minutes while dinner was cooking. (It was weird, but I just wanted to get moving and get my heart rate up). I realize how hard it is to keep those good habits when you feel sick.

Have a good week...
  • aerdna88
    aerdna88 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

"I read this today in the magazine All You Health and Fitness. I thought it helps demystify metabolism effects (I've paraphrased and condensed the article):
    ~when you eat unprocessed foods, your metabolism gets a boost
    ~700 calorie meal of real food = body burns 140 calories. 700 calories of processed food = body burns 75 calories
    ~ your body burns 30% of the calories from protein-filled fare, 10% from carbohydrates and 5% from fat
    ~ eat 3 oz of chicken (140 calories) you burn 42 calories. Eat the same amount of calories (140) of candy, you'll only burn 14!

Bottom line: we count calories, but but you'll slim down more easily of those calories are from whole, natural foods and lean protein rather than processed products."

Good info!!! Thanks for passing on!!
  • aerdna88
    aerdna88 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Amy...so glad your ankle is feeling better. It's such a bummer when we get set back with something like that. Im glad your walk went well and you are feeling okay!!

Sylvia...GET IT GIRL....drop that pound!!! I hope you can get it figured out. Remember you did have an awesome NSV :) so thats definitely a positive :):)

I love that everyone is getting into posting and checking in during the week. I am going to try to get better at responding to EVERYONE.....

I just finished day 3 on the shred....ugh....I wanted to just crawl into bed. Actually I was in bed because it took my baby 2 hours to fall asleep and I just wanted to sleep too...but I stumbled down the steps...threw on my shoes and did the work out. I was yawning at first but then it kicked my butt.

Im going to see about moving up to level 2....I have never made it there yet. Did 8 days and then another 6 on level 1...and now 3 days.....hmmmm....what do you ladies think? Should I move up. Im getting bored with level 1....
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm going to "skip" my weigh in this week....i'm eating a bit more in preparation for my 1/2 marathon sunday and i'm not going to be home monday as we will still be in disney....please carry my weight forward from last week kristen and i'll report again next week - hopefully a loss :)
    denise

Bluiz13/Denise

Challenge Start Weight: 182.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 169

01/02: 182.2
    01/09: 177.4 (-4.8)
    01/16: 174.2 (-3.2)
    01/23: 174.2 (-0)
    01/30: 174.4 (+.2)
    02/06: 174 (-.4)
    02/13: 173.2 (-.8)
    02/20: 172.8 (-.4)
    02/27: skip - away for my 1/2 marathon
    03/05:
    03/12:
    03/19:
    03/26:
    04/02:
    04/07:
  • shickam062604
    Options
    Well ladies, I have some great news yet, kinda sad too, cuz I will not be able to finish the challenge. I found out last night that I am expecting. Due sometime in October. While I plan to continue exercising, losing weight should probably not be my goal right now. I do hope to maintain/gain minimal because I don't want to lose all my hard work. This is baby number 4 for my husband and I and I plan to have my tubes tied, since I will have a c-section. I wish you all luck on your weight loss journeys and will still check in on everyone and post. I am kinda nervous about figuring out how many calories I should be eating. Until July of last year I had never counted calories or exercised much, so now it is a bigger deal. Any suggestions or experiences helpful! All you ladies are great!