All u successful people: What are your top 3 tips for weight

Options

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    1. Have a LOT of patience
    2. Maintain a small-moderate calorie deficit (300-600)
    3. Lift weights

THIS x eleventy million
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    1. Be consistent. Its not about 1 or 2 good days, its about an upward trend of healthy habits over a long period of time.
    2. You get out what you put in. Be honest with the amount of work you're putting into your nutrition and workouts. You can't cheat results.
    3. Have fun. Find activities you like to do. Workouts don't have to be boring or tedious and you're much more likely to stick with something if you enjoy it.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Just don't quit.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    count and measure EVERYTHING!!!
    Heart Rate Monitor
    Water
    "clean" eating
    dont try to lose to fast...I am set to 1/2 pound per week
  • Bwalton79
    Bwalton79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are inquiring is proof you will be successful! Hang in there!
    My top three things are as follows:

1. Tracking everything that goes into my mouth
    2. Planning as far ahead as possible (my biggest challenge, usually daily planing)
    3. Variety of food
  • Happinessgrl
    Happinessgrl Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1. Believe In Yourself And Stay Encourage
    2. Have A Strong Support and Reward System
    3. Take The Journey 1 Choice At A Time
    4. Be Consistent
    5. When You Go To Sleep, Let Go Of The Day's Mistakes And Regain Focus When You Wake Up
  • Bwalton79
    Bwalton79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great advice! 33lbs way to go. Can't wait to get there!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Meet your calorie goal (staying under is counterproductive)
    Do as much as your own cooking as possible
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    1. Log all food and liquid consumption. Stay with in your meal plan. Dieting will be more then 70% of your results.
    2. Consistent exercise. None of this working out 4-5 days one week, then only 1 the next and then 3 the next. Be consistent.
    3. Goal Setting & Patience. The weight will come off if items 1 and 2 are implemented. Set small quick goals get some quick wins...like lose 5lbs. Once you hit that say that you want to lose 7 more lbs. Then once those are gone say you want to lose 10 more lbs, so forth and so on. If you set one big huge goal many time we as humans get discouraged like it a unattainable and will give up. Take this in little steps at a time. The more small wins you get will have you wanting more.

Hope this helps. If you need help just ask away. :smile:
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Exercise, a lot! It allows me to eat more food so I don't feel like I'm starving.
    Shrink portions and scan nutritional info from bar code on package. Use measuring cups 'till you know portion sizes.
    Be honest with yourself. This is not a sprint, it's a marathon...so enter Everything you consume, especially condiments.
  • WinterB2003
    WinterB2003 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OMG! Great advice!! BUMP
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    After years of trying and failing, the three biggest things that finally made it work for me have been:

1) Making a LIFE CHANGE, not dieting - this isn't something I'm doing "until".....I'm going to be healthier. for life. period.
    2) COMMITTING - I don't allow myself any excuses. Period.
    3) Accountability - I go to classes (I don't just go to the gym) and I do things like log my food instead of just guesstimating.

The obvious stuff (work out daily, eat less, etc etc) never works unless you are truly committed to changing your life.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    Lots of advice here so I will take a different tack. In my opinion, losing weight is best accomplished if the rest of the aspects of your life are "in a good place". Relationships, work/life balance, financial, spiritual etc. At the end of the day, this is a mind game. Yes, absolutely use some of the great advice here but you have to be in the right head space to succeed. So focus on improving ALL aspects of your life and you will succeed in losing, and then importantly, keeping off, the weight.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    When it comes to diet, moderation, moderation, moderation. I dont deprive myself of anything that I want but at the same time I don't eat garbage all the time either. I try to eat mostly nutritious food (90 %).

When it comes to exercise, forget about moderation. Try to kill yourself. Trust me, you won't. (With that being said, don't give yourself a heart attack either. Know your body. But to generalize, most people don't work out hard enough or long enough.)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    1. There is no such thing as "what works for you". You have science and you don't.
    2. Most supplements are trash.
    3. Calories in vs. Calories out.
  • HeadGofer
    Options
    I have read several of the replies and posts on this thread, and I have to say yours is one of the most realistic replies I have read.
    Several are very helpful, several are very stupid, several talk all this BMI, CARBS, blah blah blah that begininers don't, won't or can't understand.
    The bottom line is: eat what you want, move as often as you can, and just enjoy each day as it comes along. I went from eating the whole totinos frozen pizza in one sitting with 3 sodas to barely being able to finish one slice (and this is when they are cut into 6 slices). I drink so much water that there are days I am going to float to work. And luckily, my health has become so much better that when I ride the bus home, I can get off a mile before home, and walk it in less the 15 min.

It really is all about one step at a time. When you get used to walking up and down the driveway, start going to the corner. When that gets easy, add a bit more on. Just one step at a time.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Lots of advice here so I will take a different tack. In my opinion, losing weight is best accomplished if the rest of the aspects of your life are "in a good place". Relationships, work/life balance, financial, spiritual etc. At the end of the day, this is a mind game. Yes, absolutely use some of the great advice here but you have to be in the right head space to succeed. So focus on improving ALL aspects of your life and you will succeed in losing, and then importantly, keeping off, the weight.

THIS!

A huge part of my success now versus other times I've tried is that right now, I'm focusing on treating myself better in ALL aspects of my life and being healthy EVERYWHERE.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have read several of the replies and posts on this thread, and I have to say yours is one of the most realistic replies I have read.
    Several are very helpful, several are very stupid, several talk all this BMI, CARBS, blah blah blah that begininers don't, won't or can't understand.
    The bottom line is: eat what you want, move as often as you can, and just enjoy each day as it comes along. I went from eating the whole totinos frozen pizza in one sitting with 3 sodas to barely being able to finish one slice (and this is when they are cut into 6 slices). I drink so much water that there are days I am going to float to work. And luckily, my health has become so much better that when I ride the bus home, I can get off a mile before home, and walk it in less the 15 min.

It really is all about one step at a time. When you get used to walking up and down the driveway, start going to the corner. When that gets easy, add a bit more on. Just one step at a time.
    End of thread.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Log everything

Engage in some sort of activity whether it be exercise/strength, MOVE

Have some easy meals ready to go

Forgive yourself for going over

Don't go over more than a couple times a month