To all you haters

Options

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Great post, I love your positive attitude. I wish everyone most especially those stupid nosey people who like to mess up with other people's bodies would read this.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Meat is for men, bones are for dogs.........women were meant to have curves not look like a half-starved 10 year old children.

And body shaming skinny women is just as bad as shaming fat women...also, curves are to do with genes, not body fat - you can be fat and not curvy, you can be skinny and have curves...

I agree. The one thing that always offends me a little is the whole "real women have curves". Because of genetics, some women are naturally skinny with no curves. It's unfair to say that they aren't "real women." I understand that it's trying to empower larger women, & maybe I'm just over-sensitive, but I think the delivery of it is sometimes offensive to smaller women. Skinny people have feelings, too. But I do understand that we all have our own opinions. This was just mine. Have a good day!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who noticed that it rhymed?
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with your poem, so, why are you working on losing 131lbs?

My thoughts exactly.. Anyways I am totally down with people being happy with themselves, but I don't really like some of the lines in that poem.. Smaller women think they have a bigger 'pull'? etc.. Some of us like being thin, and wouldn't want to be heavier, just like some people like being heavier and wouldn't want to be thin. But no reason to make assumptions about either type.. I like being thin with some curve, but that doesn't mean I think I have more "pull" then a heavier women, everyone likes different things, and all men are attracted to different things.. I think everyones goal should be to be healthy, and happy with themselves, that all!
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I give you an A for the thought, because I somewhat agree. We should all be comfortable in our own skin.

But also an F, because it was a terrible poem to be honest.
  • challengeaccepted
    Options
    Not to bust your bubble, but if we're on MFP we're conscious about our weight for whatever reason it may be. Also, there is a difference between being fat, curvy, and fat with curves. I am fat. I am not curvy.I have a ruler shape. And I ****ing hate when women who fat are say they are curvy. Being fat is not curvy. Jennifer Hudson was curvy and overweight. Now she's just curvy.

I'm getting a "being overweight is a good thing that we should embrace" vibe. I'm here because I want to lose weight for my health, physical and emotional.

For a very short list of women who I consider "thick" and curvy:

Kim Kardashian
    Jennifer Hudson

*edit I missed a comma.
  • yesbethin
    Options
    When you’re a thicker woman, people like to say "yeah, she's cute in the face", as if being thick is such a disgrace. Honey, I’m cute in the face, and I’m thick in the waist. I look good whether I’m in cotton, leather, or lace. I’m beautiful, vibrant and above all, smart! Yes my clothes maybe a bigger size, that just means you have access to a bigger prize. We all are not self-conscious about our weight, and we never have a problem getting a date. So don’t think your small frame gives you more pull, I’m a hot, sexy, curvy woman with a figure that's full!!
    So tired of people judging people for the size they are!! BE REAL PEOPLE!

I LOVED EVERY SINGLE WORD! WELL SAID! :drinker:
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    Since when did curvy become obese?

I know! I consider myself curvy. I always have, I am 120 at 5'4, small waist big hips/thicker thigh, my measurements are 33/34-24-35, to me thats curvy. But now 300-400 pound people call themselves curvy & I think thats weird.. It's not curvy if you can't tell where someone's waist is or if they don't have a hourglass shape.. I think curvy is now a nice way of saying 'fat' or maybe it makes overweight women feel better, I don't know. But people on this site treat 'skinny' people kinda crappy because if your 'skinny' your not supposed to have any complaints about your body or want to improve it. I can't refer to myself as curvy on here apparently. I'm not being a jerk or anything, I just see the 'curvy' debate brought up a lot and thats just how I feel, other people have different ideas of what curvy is, and thats okay. c:
  • sdavis445
    sdavis445 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    U go girl...
  • theresa029
    Options
    nice!
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Love that attitude x
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    Meat is for men, bones are for dogs.........women were meant to have curves not look like a half-starved 10 year old children.

And body shaming skinny women is just as bad as shaming fat women...also, curves are to do with genes, not body fat - you can be fat and not curvy, you can be skinny and have curves...

^THIS, Thank you!
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Confidence is wicked sexy no matter what size you are. :)
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Amen!!!!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    healthy is the way !!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

I know! I consider myself curvy. I always have, I am 120 at 5'4, small waist big hips/thicker thigh, my measurements are 33/34-24-35, to me thats curvy. But now 300-400 pound people call themselves curvy & I think thats weird.. It's not curvy if you can't tell where someone's waist is or if they don't have a hourglass shape.. I think curvy is now a nice way of saying 'fat' or maybe it makes overweight women feel better, I don't know. But people on this site treat 'skinny' people kinda crappy because if your 'skinny' your not supposed to have any complaints about your body or want to improve it. I can't refer to myself as curvy on here apparently. I'm not being a jerk or anything, I just see the 'curvy' debate brought up a lot and thats just how I feel, other people have different ideas of what curvy is, and thats okay. c:

I honestly agree with this. This site has made me dislike the word "curvy" for that exact reason.
    SO sick of "skinny" women being put down and fat acceptance increasing.
    You can see my hip bones when I stand very clearly, my collar bone, all the little tendons in my feet and hands, and can count my ribs when I do yoga. Damn I am so unattractive since im not "curvy"
  • machinegunkate
    machinegunkate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Meh. Dislike.

OP, I'm not here to burst bubbles, but how about you get real? You're talking about saying how proud you are to be big when you have a weight-loss ticker under your post. And like others are saying, hating on thin women isn't cool, and there is a huge difference between being curvy and overweight. And who are these haters anyway? Most people on here care about being healthy. Everyone gets criticism for different things. Get over all the big-girl bravado and concentrate on your health. Peace!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    424592_193306880771478_100002765031904_246284_1568461169_n.jpg

Edited so people do not get offended!!!!! My post was meaning not all "larger women" are sluts... because people think "they are insecure and can’t get play." Absolutely NOTHING against smaller frame women- Sorry if anyone took it that way... not meant that way at all!!!!

I don’t think this post has anything against anyone at or closer to their goal weight. I think it was more that all women are beautiful body wise no matter what the size.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    To add: You are very beautiful OP :] Glad you have self confidence!

No reason to put anyone else down though, being heavy is still unhealthy :( hope you reach your goals!
  • hollyeverhart
    Options

I honestly agree with this. This site has made me dislike the word "curvy" for that exact reason.
    SO sick of "skinny" women being put down and fat acceptance increasing.
    You can see my hip bones when I stand very clearly, my collar bone, all the little tendons in my feet and hands, and can count my ribs when I do yoga. Damn I am so unattractive since im not "curvy"

If thats you in your picture I think you are hot! curvy or not curvy! look at those arms, I wish mine looked that good. But yes also agree completely with what you wrote!