You know it's a good workout when...

Options

Replies

• Lillemeddy
    Options
    When I make grunting noises without caring who is around me.

When sweat drips in my eyes.

When I feel like I could almost do it again.

When I eat super healthy for the rest of the day because I don't want to make my work-out mean nothing.

Thiiiiis! :D
  • AliciaMarie79
    Options
    So true! I know its a good work out when sweat enough to take a nice shower!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    When walking down the stairs at the gym (all the main workout equipment is upstairs, have to go back downstairs to go to the locker room) is difficult. Oh and when my sweat towel is nice and damp. I intend on having one of those workouts tonight!
  • snc1212
    Options
    When my vision gets cloudy because of the sweat...

When my PT says, ok just 2 more and I push through 5 more... or when I have to say, can I have heavier dumbells please?

When I accomplish something that last workout I couldn't quite do the last time....
  • asunnysnowman
    asunnysnowman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    also.. if Im ridiculously horny within an hour of my workout.... i know it was a freaking amazing one
    This.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    When I have to take off my glasses because there is so much sweat dripping into them I can't see anyway.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    it's a good work out when...the next day I'm sore (not injured, just hard to walk, etc); my clothes are covered in sweat, like there are NO dry spots; I could not do another rep/set/minute of the activity without a break, I worked myself OUT; you got there before everyone on the floor, and left after them
  • mkinzalow
    Options
    When I'm really sore the next day
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I play on a team (ultimate frisbee) so I know a workout is worth when my team is successful, we score points, feel good about the way we play, and win! After you've scored a point, you get to catalog your aches and pains, how gross you feel, but the second the pull goes off, all that matter is focus and the disc. I love that feeling. Especially when my BHS is acting up and my heels hurt. The second we start running again, who gives a damn....

It's pretty normal to burn 6-800 calories a day at a frisbee tournament :)

I love ultimate!!!!

and according to MFP's database, you burn a lot more than that
  • auddiejo
    Options
    it's a good work out when...the next day I'm sore (not injured, just hard to walk, etc); my clothes are covered in sweat, like there are NO dry spots; I could not do another rep/set/minute of the activity without a break, I worked myself OUT; you got there before everyone on the floor, and left after them

I will be able to get to this point one day...IT WILL HAPPEN!!!
  • chub_b_gone
    chub_b_gone Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1. the back of my legs and *kitten* tingle for an hour after I get off the treadmill
    2. my shirt is covered in sweat
    3. sweat drips from my ponytail, short as it may be
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options

When I want to cry when I realize I have to lift my arms to wash my hair.

THIS!!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    When you start thinking towards the end of the workout that death would be too easy.
  • dreamin2bethin
    dreamin2bethin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    When my face is red, my clothes are sticking to me, and hair is all tangled...Basically looking like one hot mess, haha.

Also when I wake up the next day I love the pain and the burn...Although it sucks but it is a reminder that I am burning fat, gaining muscle and toning up. But stairs are the devil!
  • michellebelle1
    michellebelle1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When my face is still red after I've had my shower and am putting on my makeup (I am now thinking I might need a longer cool down...).

When I meet a PR on the treadmill, but give it another mile just because I still have energy to burn.

When going down stairs (or squatting to use the restroom) is torture to my quads.

When my legs are still to sore the next day to wear heels, and I have to do laundry so I can wear pants that are short enough to wear with flats!
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    When I can barely move the next day.
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    when sweat pools in my belly button!!!! hahaha
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    When you are soaking wet with sweat, muscles twitching and know you're gonna ache tomorrow!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't really sweat, at all. I can run 10km in 40 degree C (104 F), up and down a mountain and be dry at the end. So sweat is not a good indication for me!

I couldn't say exactly what makes a good workout. Feeling a little bit tired physically, but exhilarated, I suppose.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    I feel ill for a hew hrs afterwards or else my arms shake when I am drying my hair at home 30mins later. Then I know I've done good.