THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 22

Options
adopt4
adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
Welcome, welcome, welcome! If you are new to this group, we are always open to new people at any time. Just jump right in and start chatting away! If you've been here before, welcome back, we're so glad you came back !!

Although it's not a requirement for you to do this, we do weigh in on Fridays, and post our info like this:
username - SW 222 GW 111 CW 200 - 2 pound loss

Cut and paste the list from the previous post and add yours to the bottom.

We weigh in and talk about how we're doing not as a way to beat ourselves up over mistakes, or to be beaten up for mistakes, but to have accountability in our exercise and eating. However, Lulu has a padded slipper which she'll use on anyone making "excuses" rather than owning up and taking responsibility! :laugh:

Some of this group have been here 22 weeks, some have been here 1. It doesn't matter, all are welcome. It's a great group of people who encourage, support, laugh and sometimes cry together.

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    manda1111 - SW 198, GW 135, CW 172 = 1 lbs loss
    crazybe - 3 pound loss
    adopt4 - SW 273, GW 165, CW 231 even - 2.3 pound loss

So I have no idea why I'm losing weight, except possibly that my body is finally letting go of what it's been holding onto the last 3 mos. It's just so crazy! But I'm happy to have broken the extremely long plateau. I've been good at keeping within cals, might go over once in a while but make sure to have that excess made up for the next day so it balances out. Been very focused on drinking my water, especially now that it's so hot here. Have appts set up with the trainer once a week until we go on vacation in a few weeks, not sure what's going to happen while we're in Iowa. At least my mom has a computer and cable internet, so I can log in from there, but she is a GOOD COOK (famous in the area) so I am going to have to take my measuring cup and my kitchen scale with me so I can at least log accurately the amounts I'm eating. Very worried about vacation. It's not like I can say, hey mom, I don't want any of your wonderful cooking, I'll just have a salad... But at least I can avoid her desserts, although she's already baked and frozen tons of cookies for the boys, that's one thing I can stay away from as long as I don't eat one. (Cuz once you eat one, you're screwed, LOL).

OH OH OH - I have officially reached the halfway point! I've never hit that before! I'm all dancing and excited, I've never lost this much weight before, and I really feel like I can go the distance here! I figure it will take me a year to lose the last 66 pounds - wow, that doesn't seem like so much when before I was looking at 130 pounds to reach my goal weight, and that seemed impossible, 66 seems quite doable! I've never had that "little" to lose befor!!! Whoo-hoo! Thanks to you all for your help and support in getting me this far!!
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful beginning to the week, adopt4!
    I have no doubt that you'll lose the rest of the pounds in a year. That's only slightly over a pound a week, and with your determination and energy, it's definitely going to happen.

I haven't weighed yet. Still in my jammies, even though it's only 8 minutes until noon...:embarassed:
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    crazybe - 3 pound loss
    cyndeebee - SW 136 GW 115 CW 127 = 1 lb. loss

Woohoo! I'll take it...

Goodbye, Plateau.
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    Hiya Team!! I hope all is well with you all :smile:

crazybe - 3 pound loss
    Lorann - SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 254 = 3 lbs loss

Woo hooo so I've bypassed the 10% mark and the 30lb mark ... so very exciting!!
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of everyone! Great job ! keep up the good work. Have a great day
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    crazybe - 3 pound loss
    stillkristi sw 461 / gw 195 / cw 385 = no change

Hmmm.. Kelli, perhaps I have hopped onto your plateau. Well, I guess we'll see next week. Because someone said you can't count it as a plateau until its been two weeks. So, I will have to really buckle down this week and make sure it is not a plateau. Everyone, hope you are having a great weekend. Take care!

Kristi
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    crazybe - 3 pound loss
    lulubar- SW 205/GW145/CW187=2 lb. loss

Well, there goes the last of the four pounds I had gained!! I'm back to 187. I've decided this isn't so much a weight loss "journey" as it is a dance: two steps forward, one back, one to the side, one to the other side, then two steps forward:huh: Hmmmmm. The dance is called the "Pound-Down":tongue:

So which of you guys put me in charge of the slipper anyway??? I like how Adopt4 just announces it in the opener for the week!:bigsmile:

We are off to another week of being the greatest bunch of losers!! (And a stay-the-samer:drinker: )
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    Well here it is...

AprilRenee-SW(245)GW(150)CW(233) 1 pound loss.I wish it was more but taking it off slower is better I hear. I even had a couple cheat days...

crazybe - 3 pound loss
    AprilRenee-SW(245)GW(150)CW(233) 1 pound loss.
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    April...A one pound loss is nothing to sneeze at. I have to think there's some truth to losing it slower, but it staying off. Whenever I get discouraged about the slow drop in weight, I recall that a few months ago, my weight went up and down like a yo-yo. This is much, much better. Slowly coming off...but it seems to be staying off.
    For the life of me, I can't figure out why that is...why my weight stays so consistent, compared to a few months ago, but it feels good.

Congrats to everyone...losers and maintainers (and I'll even say congrats to anyone who gains, because that's part of your learning expereince...)
  • ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    crazybe - 3 pound loss
    ktndj82104- SW 190, GW 145, CW 160= 3 pound loss

30 pounds down, i am so excited
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Afternoon Team,

well here it goes!!!

crazybe - 3 pound loss
    sheila SW 329 GW 150 CW 284 = 1 pound lost!!! wooo hooo

well I have lost 1 pound this week but I am very happy with that cuz I have lost several inches all over so it has been a good week for me!!! My cell phone is back on!!! my hubbys car is fixed !!! its a wonderful week... I can say I am smilling :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Great job to all the losers this week and the maintainers cuz it really isnt that easy to just maintain!!! and we always have next week to do better... well i have to go cook dinner its getting late and I havent cooked yet... so I will chat with you all later keep up the great work TEAM!!!!!

Sheila
  • indianagranny
    Options
    crazybe - 3 pound loss
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw184.8 = 3.8 pound gain

Lulu - GET THE SLIPPER I NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Adopt4 - I need WHACKED again - you done it before real good.
    Real bad week here but I am pretty sure it is due to TOM and just not exercising and drinking enough water. I have worked through these kind of weeks and lost so I know due to some stress and not eating healthy choices caused this week to go sour. REAL SOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to get out of this funk I am in though and not for sure how. I did change my ticker cause I did deserve this - I know better than to be so lazy.

Congratulations losers and maintainers - I am happy for you all. April take it slow, please cause I have learn it does stay off easier if you work at it also. Don't look at my week, I am not a good example this week at all.
  • swignal
    Options
    Hey Team,

I just wanted to say that its been 4 months that I have started MFP and I have lost a total of 45 pounds...so far...I am looking forward to the next 4 months hoping to lose another 45!!! if not more but I will be happy with 45!!! until I reach my ultimate goal!!!

I just want to say Thank You Team for being here for all my ups and downs and the happy times and sad times...You all have been wonderfull...

Lisa - dont worry about those three pound they soon will go away after tom leaves!!! I have no doubt... sometimes we have bad weeks sometimes its just days or a day but we need to shake it off and get back on track...

April - only 9 more days!!! wooo hooo :-}
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am going to have to find a new tailor.

I hope everyone is sitting down. I went back to my tiny little Italian tailor today to pick up some pants that were ready for me. While I was there, he asked me if I were married. I said no. He asked me if I were with anyone. Again, I said no. Am starting to feel wierd, but heck, did I mention he is TINY??? And old enough to be my dad. EWWW.

So, I notice he has a sign up that he accepts cash or checks, but not credit cards, so I tell him I will have to go grab some cash. He says, great, "I will write you a love letter while you are gone."

"Ha, ha, ha." I say, and beat a hasty retreat. I get back with the cash, and he says, "I've been thinking while you were gone, and I think we should become engaged."

Holy doughnuts!!!!!!!! I am dumb founded. Seriously, I could pick him up and walk off with him. I point this out to him. HE says, "you know Italians, for us, love is blind." GREAT! Then he takes my hand in his tiny, soft, tailor hands. Both his hands together are about the size of my one hand. He says, "My, you are so strong!" I extract my hand from his tiny little hands, thank him for the compliment and tell him that I just don't feel this way about him. "Too bad", he says, "you are very cute!" "Are you sure you won't reconsider?" "No," I say. "I don't see that happening."

"Well, think about it for a couple of days." he says. "Who knows, maybe you will change your mind."

So, I am pretty sure I will need to find a new tailor..................................

Sheesh!
  • aprilrenee71
    Options

I hope everyone is sitting down. I went back to my tiny little Italian tailor today to pick up some pants that were ready for me. While I was there, he asked me if I were married. I said no. He asked me if I were with anyone. Again, I said no. Am starting to feel wierd, but heck, did I mention he is TINY??? And old enough to be my dad. EWWW.

So, I notice he has a sign up that he accepts cash or checks, but not credit cards, so I tell him I will have to go grab some cash. He says, great, "I will write you a love letter while you are gone."

"Ha, ha, ha." I say, and beat a hasty retreat. I get back with the cash, and he says, "I've been thinking while you were gone, and I think we should become engaged."

Holy doughnuts!!!!!!!! I am dumb founded. Seriously, I could pick him up and walk off with him. I point this out to him. HE says, "you know Italians, for us, love is blind." GREAT! Then he takes my hand in his tiny, soft, tailor hands. Both his hands together are about the size of my one hand. He says, "My, you are so strong!" I extract my hand from his tiny little hands, thank him for the compliment and tell him that I just don't feel this way about him. "Too bad", he says, "you are very cute!" "Are you sure you won't reconsider?" "No," I say. "I don't see that happening."

"Well, think about it for a couple of days." he says. "Who knows, maybe you will change your mind."

So, I am pretty sure I will need to find a new tailor..................................

Sheesh!

That is so cute... Maybe he is a red hot Italian Stallion...lol I just loved that post...You may just brighten his day. I wouldn't get a new tailor. Let him eat his heart out once he sees you at your goal.
  • swignal
    Options

Sheesh!

Kristi - Once again you have made me laugh!!! I would go in there just to get my ego boosted!!! didnt it make you feel good just a little bit... I would just be flatered even if it was a little old man!!! LOL
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Kristi; funny story. Are you sure you can never have feelings for him. I hear tailors are real stable and have money but they hide it away LOL.

granny, it's been a rough week with everyone having Tom visit them. Don't beat yourself up. You don't deserve that. Next week will be better.

good going all! You're all doing great. I sure appreciate having you all here and knowing we are all on each others side. <slaps kristi on the back side>

Ok I have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what to eat. I usually run home at lunch and put a frozen dinner in the microwave. That can be really high in calories or boring after awhile. So far the 2 weeks I've been dieting I've been eating left overs from dinners the night before but by the end of the week there isn't any of those. I can't eat salads all the time. SO I really don't what to eat that are good choices for lunches. Raw veggies bother my IBS and I only eat a few kinds of fruits. I'm about sick of cantalope now. Any suggestions?
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Kristi...Love your post! Lead him on, girl...Lead him on. You may get a discount on all of your tailoring, and God knows...You're going to need some alterations...

Debbie...Have you discovered Weight Watcher's bread? I'm hooked on it. At first, I thought "No way, it's just REAL bread sliced extra thin," but then I discovered that I could make a really filling sandwich out of it.
    2 pieces of Weight Watcher's bread - about 100 calories...4 slices of Ziggy's Extra Lean Ham (scrunch it up...it looks like more) - 40 calories, but watch the sodium for the rest of the day...a slice of low fat cheese is about 50 calories...Becel maragarine is only about 20...Add tomato slices, maybe a teaspoon of sweet relish...
    Anyway, you end up with a very filling sandwich at about 200 calories.

I get sick of salad, too...

Hope this helps.
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Sorry this is my first post in several days. No weight loss to report this week due to my laziness...where's that slipper????? This month I only lost 2 lbs after losing 8 last month. Sheesh.

Went clothes shopping again today - needed pjs that I couldn't swim in. Bought 2 pair - one for now and one size smaller for later. Also found a jacket for $4 (I love regular sizes). The bathing suits were a write off - of course. The sizes they had left did not fit because they are made too short. Have you ever seen a "short" swim suit model????? Still looking for size 10 inspiration clothes but have not found anything yet. Probably won't wear it in winter anyway.

Congrats to all the losers and maintainers this week. I will get back on the wagon this week. This is the most weight I've lost in a long time and I'm going to keep going thanks to this team.

healthymom - sw208/gw150/cw178 = no change
  • indianagranny
    Options
    crazybe - 3 pound loss
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw184.8 = 3.8 pound gain
    healthymom sw208/gw150/cw178 = no change
    skymmie - 2 pound gain

Adopt4 - thank you for starting this thread where we all come together this week to talk, laugh, love, cry and support each other in our lifestyle change. Congratulations onb the weight loss and the reaching of the half way mark. It is a good feeling. Do not be scared of vacation. Remember portion size and exercise and water. Good - Luck when do you go?

Cyndeebee - Congratulations on the loss. it is so nice to say good by or so long to a plateau.

Lorann - Congratulations Girl - you are doing so good and I love your attitude. You definitely are inspiring me with it. If it rains today, I am going to try putting a movie in and walking. We will see how far I get.

Kristi - hey congratulations on the maintaining. I am going to have to bukle down with you so ask me questions this week girl. I need help to get back with this. And oh girl, your story is soooooooo funny and hilarous. Thanks so much for sharing.It helps so much to laugh.

Lulu - WTG GIRL - Got rid of those pounds. now can you get rid of mine for me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

April - WTG GIRL - you are keeping weight coming off and that is a good thing too. So just keep doing what you are doing.

ktndj - GOOD JOB GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the 30 pound mark

Sheila - WTG GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pounds and inches that is great. If I could do a road trip right now, it would be take a day and come meet you and April. But just not doable right now - work is being hard on me - gotta a week of doing two jobs this week for a guy that is on vacation. And the heat and humidity is returning down here this week. Congrats on the 4 month anniversary - you have done wonderful Sheila. Good - luck on the next 4 and losing many many more pounds safely and healthy. Thanks for the encouragement. - I need it

CrazybeeRX - Thanks for the encouragement. I really just feel stupid for letting it happen cause I have worked through this kind of thing before and lost. I was so concentrating on figuring out what was wrong with me.

Healthymom - glad to see your post. Congrats on the maintaining girl. You will find those ten's.

Manda1111 - Hey girl maybe you lost more in inches this week. You still lost weihght and a pound is a pound. So keep up the good work

Kym - hey girl - okay you didn't have the week you wanted. step it up a little and next week will be different.