30 pounds to lose...anyone else want to join for support?

Options

Replies

• bettieknight
    Options
    I'm in as well!!!
  • doveeagle
    Options
    I'm in too! Love this app and now with accountability partners...WoW! Go Team Go!!
  • xzotikmama
    xzotikmama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll join!! I NEED TO LOSE 30LBS TOO!!!!!!!!!!
  • demitraknows
    demitraknows Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    count me in I need to loose about 30 pounds myself
  • 086laura90
    Options
    im in too :D need all the helpi can get
  • HeatherLynnO
    HeatherLynnO Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I need all the support i can get!
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am 42 and started this at 176.5 pounds and about a size 12ish. I am in a "biggest loser" competition with my husband, which has been a big motivator, especially since we put a monetary prize out there at the end of August. But, we have to lose 10% of our starting weight to even qualify, so it's going to be a challenge. I would like to weigh about 148, (which would put me at about a size 6), but would be happy to get back to the weight I was when we got married - about 155.
    Hang in there everyone! I'm grateful to God for such a great support community.
    I get SO HUNGRY mid morning and right before bed. It's hard not to just grab a "little something." Also, I am a big boredom and stress eater... having to log everything has really helped to curb that so far!

Welcome!!!!!

WOW, I wished I would be in a size 6 at 148 pounds. I weigh 160 and am a size 10/12. I have been down to 136 and don't remember being in a size 6, maybe a size 8. I would like to weigh 125 again but I am trying to be realistic and would be happy around 135. I am 5'4" and 42 years old. Losing weight is really hard for me. I am not active at all but I have joined at gym. I have been but not regular. With 3 active kids and a elder mother to take care of I am having a hard time finding time. I just keep telling myself that it will get better, it will get better.

Good luck on your journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Im in (:
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I had all of my water yesterday and stayed on track calorie wise.
    And managed to walk an hour with my dog.
    Could hardly walk the last 5 minutes but it was worth it.

Oh and a big one for me, i had no sugar in any of my cups of tea yesterday.
    And i usually put 2 sugars in every cup, so yay for me..!!!!

This is awesome! I feel so lazy as I haven't started exercising yet, but one more week and I will! You did so great with avoiding sugar today, congratulations!
  • here_I_go_again
    Options
    Anyone else into clean eating?:smile:
  • here_I_go_again
    Options
    Is noone checking in any longer? I hope so.......

Anyhoo, today I had a good day at work and with eating clean. I had a smoothie for dinner as I just wasn't that hungry. I may have a veggie salad later if I get the munchies. I've been debating on whether or not to buy a scale. I don't know if I want one or not yet..tee hee. I want to see if Iost any weight but I sort of estimated how much I weighed at the beginning so really won't be able to tell if I lost anything or not. I'm also afraid I will weigh more than I thought originally. I feel good though, and seem to have more energy. I don't know if its the placebo effect or not. Wish I had a ton of money to go out and buy tons of spices and such for recipes I would like to make. Eating clean is working for me so far, and I feel good. After next week is over, I plan to start exercising too and that should bump me along quicker. My problem is I want it so bad NOW but have to realize it is going to take time.

Hope all of you had a great day and are enjoying eating healthy. Best wishes, take care all.

:flowerforyou:
  • Sharney3154
    Sharney3154 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you all. Question though, How do I add you as a friend?
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "Clean eating"??? What kind of smoothie did you have? I am not in a good mind set today. I am hunting the message boards for motivation.
  • here_I_go_again
    Options
    What do you mean "Clean eating"??? What kind of smoothie did you have? I am not in a good mind set today. I am hunting the message boards for motivation.

Clean eating is basically eating only whole foods in a nut shell. Nothing processed (ie: frozen meals, anything with more than 3-5 ingredients...you have to read labels) and drink lots of water. You also get to eat 5-6 small meals a day so I haven't been hungry. My smoothie tonight was: 1 cup almond milk unsweetened, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1 kiwi, and 3/4 scoop EAS soy vanilla protein powder. Sort of chalky, but drinkable, and really good for you. It was a version I read in the Eat Clean Recharged book by Tosca Reno, except I added protein powder and forgot to add green tea. Once you get used to it, its easy to do, takes some prep time for bringing meals to work but from all that I have read about it, it works great for weight loss . Clean Eating doesn't really realize on calorie counting, but I still do it just to log my food and see what I have been eating. I honestly haven't been hungry at all. Eating the small meals have kept me full throughout the day. I had a smoothie tonight because I didn't feel much like "eating" a small meal, so I made that my meal. The link below will take you to the eat clean webite with Tosca Reno if you are interested in reading more about it. So far, I really like it!

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/tosca_reno.aspx
  • ericasmith64
    ericasmith64 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • AndreaG170
    AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I've got 30 lbs left to lose too.
  • abbikinder
    Options
    I'm in !!!!
  • polkie05
    polkie05 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am in. I do need the support to drop 30 lbs. I would like to drop at least 20 but making 30 a goal is stepping up the bar for me. I have done yo-yo dieting. I have done intense work outs. I am currently on week 4 of Insanity. will re-do week 4 because I screwed up big time and my diet was awful. I am normally very good at my diet M_F but this week I didn't. I just received my Beyond Tangy Tangerine supplement and I am hoping that with insanity and BTT it will help. I have tried eating clean but I am too lazy to prepare the clean food . Add me on your buddy. I will stay committed to helping you help yourself help me :)
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    read later!
  • seniorbby12
    Options
    Im innnnnnn :)